Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    txramsfan is offline Registered User

Martz out for the season

ESPN is reporting that Martz has told the Rams he will be out for the season medically.

thoey is offline Registered User

Re: Martz out for the season

Martz Out for the Season
    Monday, October 24, 2005

By Nick Wagoner
    Senior Writer

Rams coach Mike Martz has been declared medically unable to coach for the remainder of the 2005 season. Martz told the Rams today that after further examination with treating physician Dr. Victoria Fraser, his illness will prevent him from performing his duties for the rest of the season.

Martz left the team and was admitted to Barnes Jewish Hospital on Sept. 30 for treatment and evaluation. Martz announced on Oct. 10 that he would be leaving the team. Interim head coach Joe Vitt will continue in his duties as the head coach for the rest of the season.

The originally scheduled 3 p.m press conference was moved back to 4:30 p.m. today.

Check back to www.stlouisrams.com for more details as they become available.
    This space for rent...

majorram is offline Registered User

Holy crap, what else can happen to our Rams this season..... Huge loss....I just thought he would be back after the bye....man I hope hes going to be alright!!

steve:clanram:

Now, Fox is saying he is going to resign completely.
    This space for rent...

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

Well it should be an interesting ride, that's for sure.

Here's to Mike's health.

adarian_too is offline Registered User

Given how Shaw flinched when a reporter asked him whether M&M's ailment was stress related and given the reported antics of ZiggyStarDust, I suggest that Mike file a BWC claim.

Also to cover his bases I suggest he file an FMLA claim based on serious health issues, take a stress disability.

Maybe if Georgia sees medical and legal bills piling up, she'll get the message that's it's time to either sell her share or clean the FO's house starting with Shaw.

1st & Goal is offline Registered User

What are all of the Martz haters going to do now. Who will they now blame for what they percieve as the teams misfortunes. Martz has been the whiping boy, for far to long. At some point it becomes the players responsibility to step up and play.

What realy concerns me about this situation, is the long term status of the organization. The trinity of Marts, Zygmut & Army worked for a while. Now it looks like a disfunctional family, trying to position themselves to take over.
    "I was the originator of smack. Some guys rattle with smack; with other guys it rolls right off their shoulders like nothing. "
    -Deacon Jones

majorram is offline Registered User

If anybody should go its Ziggy!!! hey 1st and goal I was thinking the same..

steve:clanram:

RamWraith is offline Registered User

All I can say...

Many of you just got your wish, I only wish it wasn't at the expense of his health. Hope you all enjoy the new regime, 'cause this could get ugly the next few years.

letsgoramz is offline Registered User

I thought martz was comming back after the bye also but to find out that he is not comming back is devastating. Mike martz is a HUGE part of the St.louis Rams that we love. But honestly i think the Rams might struggle in the long run without Martz. Joe Vitt is a temp replacement. I wonder if Martz can come back come playoff time Cause we will be in the playoffs

I have been one critical of him. This is not the way I wanted to see him go out. But, for those of you saying the Martz bashers are going to see what this team goes through after he is gone, I say look at our record and the way the team is playing. I think we are already there. And Martz' fingerprint is still on this team.

I don't think this is the "beginning of the end" you are all saying it is going to be. I think that already happened and we are now at the beginning of the new Rams. As a fan, I just hope the rebuilding doesn't take the years HUB and others say it will.
    This space for rent...

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith
    All I can say...

Many of you just got your wish, I only wish it wasn't at the expense of his health. Hope you all enjoy the new regime, 'cause this could get ugly the next few years.
    Dad gummit! With him gone, who runs the ship now? Zygmunt is my first guess and that doesn't reassure me at all. Does he now go out and hand pick someone he wants? That thought scares the crap out of me. Come to think of it, I'm a CPA, maybe I can run a football team too.......good grief.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Please don't take my comments as gloating or trying to get any jabs in. As I mentioned in the Black Monday thread, I really wish this didn't happen in the middle of the season. And I would much rather be wrong on my opinion and have Martz lead this team to the Promise Land again.
    This space for rent...

ram3057 is offline Registered User

ST. LOUIS (AP) - St. Louis Rams coach Mike Martz will miss the rest of the season due to a bacterial infection of a heart valve that has already sidelined him for two games.
    This is from the Associated Press.

I think we need to wait until the whole story comes out - I don't think that we have heard everything yet.

If it is true, however, we all need to rally around the team - and the coach.

:clanram:
    Always a Rams Fan............

Rex Allen Markel

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 1st & Goal
    What are all of the Martz haters going to do now. Who will they now blame for what they percieve as the teams misfortunes. Martz has been the whiping boy, for far to long. At some point it becomes the players responsibility to step up and play.
    Well that's just it, they will soon find a reason to hate the next head coach if indeed Martz resigns.

Personally I don't think most who criticize Martz actually hate him. I'm sure there are some that hate him, but who cares about them, because, those folks probably hate theirselves and everyone around them as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast