Leics_Ram is offline Registered User

Martz rates Fitz as 'best ever' prospect

Joe Vitt revealed Monday how Mike Martz believes Ryan Fitzpatrick is the best ever young QB prospect he's had....

From the official site:

“Mike thought this was the best young prospect he has ever had. That’s a big statement coming from Mike Martz.”

Indeed. Martz has made a habit of taking little-known guys and turning them into Pro Bowl quarterbacks. Martz is widely regarded as one of the best evaluators of quarterbacks in the league and Fitzpatrick only proved him correct against Houston.

“He called me today and he was all excited,” Vitt said. “He really was. He was very, very proud. A proud father, you know.”

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Re: Martz rates Fitz as 'best ever' prospect

Ya I heard that too. Thats confident and if he keeps playing like this he will be the best spect Martz has had QB wise.
    RamsFan16

RealRam is offline Registered User

Hmmm, interesting. Me likes.

Maybe, just maybe, we shall see Coach Martz back next season w/Bulger & Fitz as QB 1-2.

talkstoangels61 is offline Registered User

Hm,,,,,,,I wonder if this would have got out if Fitzpatrick had stunk up the joint?.........MM i do believe does know a biot about QB's but, i do not think that he is a genius on player personnel

adarian_too is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by talkstoangels61
    Hm,,,,,,,I wonder if this would have got out if Fitzpatrick had stunk up the joint?.........MM i do believe does know a biot about QB's but, i do not think that he is a genius on player personnel

What he does seem to know is how to try and exploit a good Pr opportunity ...

STLRAMSFAN Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Leics_Ram
    Indeed. Martz has made a habit of taking little-known guys and turning them into Pro Bowl quarterbacks. Martz is widely regarded as one of the best evaluators of quarterbacks in the league and Fitzpatrick only proved him correct against Houston.
    I think he was right on with Fitzpatrick, Bulger, and Warner but it also helps your QB's stats when you have 2 HOF WRs, a bad D, and you play high risk high reward football. Our WRs are nothing like Seattle has had in the past they are sure handed, run good routes, and often have good separation from the defender. Some teams with good D don't worry about putting up big yards passing they run the ball, try to gain positive yards, and play the field position battle. High-risk high reward means 3 and 4 WR sets and long routes that take time to develop resulting in your QB taking several shots/sacks. This offense attempts fewer run plays then most teams in the NFL always has and always will with Martz. This team is always among the league leaders in sacks allowed under Martz. Martz was also the one that picked Chandler as our #2 last year, which was a mistake, and he had to bring back Martin. He also had Covington, Germane, and Smoker he was unable to develop. He was high on Covington and he was a disaster. I will say Martz maybe the best in the NFL at evaluating QBs but some of those QBs look better here due to the great WRs, high risk high reward system, bad D, and number of pass attempts. If you put these QBs in a different situation that does not have all of the above they may not look as good.