r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Martz vs. Belichick

Bill Belichick is the master of getting more with less and he's fully aware of his weakness in the secondary, which means he's making adjustments. He's always had a knack at plugging in backups, changing his schemes and making it all work. No one does it better.

It's critical that Mike Martz be prepared to counter those adjustments. This game is a big opportunity for him to silence his critics and detractors by showing he can battle with the best and come out on top. If he stands toe to toe with Belichick and makes the right moves, we win.

maineram is offline Registered User

Re: Martz vs. Belichick

Yes, making the half time adjustments is the key for Martz. Can he do it ???

Maineram :ramlogo:
    and out of the ashes rise ...The Breakfast Club !

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Critics will never give Martz much credit for this win if he pulls it off because of the circumstances. The Patriots' two starting corners are out, Dillon and Brady are dinged up, etc etc. I already heard on talk radio that people were questioning the legitimacy of Pittsburgh's win against the Pats because of Dillon being out. There's no way a living bullseye like Martz would be commended if he and the Rams come out with a W in the result column after this weekend.

I'm not so sure Martz couldn't gain some favor from a win against Belichick. Although the Pats are banged up, they're still a formidible team and are actually a slight favorite over the Rams. Time will tell just how affected they are as a result of their injury situation, but I think Martz will have to counter some of what Belichick throws at him in order to win. If he's successful, I think he'll get some credit.

ramstiles is offline Registered User

I'm sure Martz won't mind if he dosn't get any credit as long as he wins

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I don't know. I can just see the Fox broadcast team very silent if Martz manages to pull this off. I doubt ESPN would give him much credit either, not with Berman at the helm.

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

Martz has a lot more to lose than to gain this week. There will be more focus on Martz if he "fails to beat the beat up Patriots" than if he beats the Patriots "with all of their injury problems."

If Martz out-coaches Belichick and the Rams win, at the very least the critics will have to hold their tongues. It will be up to Mike to keep them silent with continued good coaching performances because he definitely has a bullseye on his back as a favorite whipping boy. Winning and looking good doing it will be a great equalizer.

As for the guys at Fox, I must agree that nothing Martz does will ever bring them around, especially after he embarrassed them in front of the entire nation and made them choke on their "you just keep passing Mike" halftime rants.

Fargo Ram Fan is offline Registered User

[QUOTE=r8rh8rmike]If Martz out-coaches Belichick and the Rams win, at the very least the critics will have to hold their tongues. It will be up to Mike to keep them silent with continued good coaching performances because he definitely has a bullseye on his back as a favorite whipping boy. Winning and looking good doing it will be a great equalizer.

ROFLMMFAO!! CONTINUED GOOD COACHING PERFORMANCES????? Huh?? Try CONTINUED PATHETIC COACHING PERFORMANCES.
    "You people point your 'f'in' finger and say theres the bad guy....what that make you....good?" Tony Montana