Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tony Soprano is offline Registered User

Martz will do this NOW, Watch

We've been here before, in the 2003 opener the Giants bashed Warner and the Rams for 6 sacks. Warner suffered a concussion in the game.

The week after the game, Martz took total responsibility and said he put the players in a bad position, and that he made some play-calling mistakes. This is consumate Martz... protecting his player's confidence and publicly denying obvious weaknesses.

Look for Martz to come out and take the pressure off his team and minimize the weaknesses and faults of his team.

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Re: Martz will do this NOW, Watch

He probrably will lol
    RamsFan16

sprtsmac is offline Registered User

The Martz bashing is already going to be at an all time high, but if he comes out and says that; then it will go even higher.
    Sprtsmac :football:

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

I don't want Martz to say that he did not have them prepared or that it is his fault!! I want him to come out and rip those that are accountable due to their poor play. If he wants to say that he should have called this play or that play in a certain situation, then fine. However, it is high time for accountablility amongst the players or coaches and time to light a fire under someone's arse. We need more passion and fire and a little less arrogance.

:clanram:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

sbramfan is offline Registered User

The sad part is that even us fans at home can predict what Martz is going to do...

Apparently opposing coordinators find him predicatable as well. The only surprise plays run in this game were by the niiiners.

STLRAMSFAN Guest

Maybe he could have Bobby Knight hold his press conference. That’s what I want is him to lay into these players and let them know it’s not acceptable to lose to the 9ers if they want big fat paychecks for their families. They have to bust their butt and earn it.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Soprano
    We've been here before, in the 2003 opener the Giants bashed Warner and the Rams for 6 sacks. Warner suffered a concussion in the game.

The week after the game, Martz took total responsibility and said he put the players in a bad position, and that he made some play-calling mistakes. This is consumate Martz... protecting his player's confidence and publicly denying obvious weaknesses.

Look for Martz to come out and take the pressure off his team and minimize the weaknesses and faults of his team.

Hopefully, this is EXACTLY what he does! The players respect him from what we see. And that is probably due to him taking the heat in the press room.

It's the LOCKER ROOM where I want to him to rip skulls and walk out with backsides in his brief case.....not to the media! All the butt chewin' should be for the teams ears only....it ain't the press' business.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    Hopefully, this is EXACTLY what he does! The players respect him from what we see. And that is probably due to him taking the heat in the press room.

It's the LOCKER ROOM where I want to him to rip skulls and walk out with backsides in his brief case.....not to the media! All the butt chewin' should be for the teams ears only....it ain't the press' business.

Fine, but I'd like to see some changes on the field. Not ripping them in public is one thing, but praising them in the media undeservedly is no good.

Martz did the same thing with Tucker that he did with St. Clair. I can remember reading those quotes about how happy they were with St. Clair's progress and his play, then watching the guy get beated like a drum when the REG season started.

Read the thread on ORT, and see how many here thought Tucker's play was going to "improve" our team this year. In large part, IMO, to Martz praising him in the media. If Martz's mouth is moving, he's playing mind games.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I'll tell you I would have liked to be the coach in the locker room a half time !!!! 4 letter words would have been flying all over the place at everyone including assistants and all. Bring on the TUNA !

brhokla Guest

You guys need to give martz the Boot! Seriously, he is so predictable. Pass, pass, pass, run, Pass! The rams were Out Coached in that game. Your Special teams needs serious SERIOUS help! Nothing about them is special.

Martz is a very good coach. He doesn't run, run, pass - because we'll never get a first down and each possession is important. The O-line can't run block to save their lives. It's attrocious. And if you predictably pass on third and long - they'll flood the secondary with 6 or 7 DBs and you'll regret passing into the strength of the D.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

My Take On Martz Is Sometimes He Outthinks Himself, Instead Of Just Taking What The Defense Is Giving You,he Tries To Make It Look Spectacular And Live Up To The Offensive Genius Label That Has Been Placed On Him. I For One Thinks He Is An Offensive Mastermind,but Sometimes Going Back To The Basics Is The Way To Go. Mad Mike You Need To Learn From This Lose, Because I Dont Think You Can Suffer To Many Like This Before You Become An Ex-coach.

Tom_SF is offline Registered User

.[/QUOTE]

What, he's resigning? Did I miss something?

RAMBLE_ON is offline Registered User

"That’s coaching,” coach Mike Martz said. “That’s poor play selection on my part, pure and simple. You get down there and don’t score a touchdown…The old coach didn’t do a real good job in this one.”

Straight from the Rams offical website.

RAMBLE_ON is offline Registered User

''It was a really bad call on my part on the interception,'' Martz said. ''I wish we could have it back. It cost us the game. ... I put the quarterback and receiver in a tough jam. I feel sick.''

This one from USA Today

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast