AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Martz's Farewell Letter To John Shaw (First Draft)

Note: Found in wastepaper basket at Rams Park by Agent 009 of the Avenger Bureau of Investigation (ABI).

Dear John,

With a heavy heart I acknowledge your decision to terminate my tenure as the Head Coach of the St. Louis Rams.

While the decision was not unexpected, I find it hard to disguise my distaste for you and your methods. In fact, given that I am now the proverbial man with "nothing to lose," I feel I must speak my mind.

There is a name for a creature that, lacking the strength or courage to confront its prey directly, instead waits for weakness or illness to strike. Such a creature, by mingling with the dying and dead, carries the putrid stench of decay with it at all times. Its mere appearance conjures images of death. This creature is the buzzard.

And while the buzzard is a necessary component of the ecosystem, nobody loves the buzzard. Nobody wishes to be near the buzzard. And, in the end, the buzzard is likely to be heartlessly consumed by its own kind.

So, to turn a phrase, while I vow to carry on, you will continue your endless search for carrion. I can only pity you.

Yours,

Mike Martz

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Re: Martz's Farewell Letter To John Shaw (First Draft)

Lets hope he doesn't choose carrion for the next HC..............

NitRam 21 is offline Registered User

I have sense the "retirement" of DV been woundering if that fate would continue to rear up time and again. We will need a strong person to fill the HC position. and he will have to cover his Azz with wins.
    LET HER BUCK LITTLE BROTHER

MOM
    MOM is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    Note: Found in wastepaper basket at Rams Park by Agent 009 of the Avenger Bureau of Investigation (ABI).

Dear John,

With a heavy heart I acknowledge your decision to terminate my tenure as the Head Coach of the St. Louis Rams.

While the decision was not unexpected, I find it hard to disguise my distaste for you and your methods. In fact, given that I am now the proverbial man with "nothing to lose," I feel I must speak my mind.

There is a name for a creature that, lacking the strength or courage to confront its prey directly, instead waits for weakness or illness to strike. Such a creature, by mingling with the dying and dead, carries the putrid stench of decay with it at all times. Its mere appearance conjures images of death. This creature is the buzzard.

And while the buzzard is a necessary component of the ecosystem, nobody loves the buzzard. Nobody wishes to be near the buzzard. And, in the end, the buzzard is likely to be heartlessly consumed by its own kind.

So, to turn a phrase, while I vow to carry on, you will continue your endless search for carrion. I can only pity you.

Yours,

Mike Martz

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeexcellent!

[SIGPIC]http://www.stickershoppe.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/MLRPANCmini.jpg[/SIGPIC]This is for Randy! GO BRM!

letsgoramz is offline Registered User

Arrow Re: Martz's Farewell Letter To John Shaw (First Draft)

i hate shaw with a passion
    Torry Holt Dont play that

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by letsgoramz
    i hate shaw with a passion
    That was his second draft.

OldRamsfan is offline Registered User

Shaw has made some very poor dcisions that makes a lot of people wonder why ... At one time he was one of the best you could ever ask for to run an NFL team ... but being in L.A. and letting things get out of hand , He has slipped into "Ba funie ism" which means he went right thru stupidity to the next and only level left "BeFunieism"

theodus69 is offline Registered User

Hey, why can't we get a patron at Shaw's Favorite watering hole to hit him over the head with a beer Bottle?:tongue:
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!