Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Massive props to O-Line..

J-RodRamFan is offline Registered User

Re: Massive props to O-Line..

I must say I was scared about the O-line coming into this game. They played well. See what Bradford can do when he has time.

Rammed is offline Registered User

Re: Massive props to O-Line..

After rewatching the game I noticed these things on Oline.

1. Moose struggled early on pass protection and got completely pancacked on 2 bullrushes. However he was a beast in the running game. The gameplan really helped him with all the quick throws.

2. Turner is a complete animal. On every play he was down field blocking, on runs and after catches. If you watch the game again notice him being around the ball constantly. He was playing consistant in his blocking and showed up when needed on pass protection. He surprised me with his line calls and adjustments, he was my player of the game on Oline.

3. Tackles where strong in run blocks sealing the edge on multipul Richardson runs especially late in the game. Which was impressive against this 3-4 front. As expected they struggled against the speedrush. That's a concern facing the bears next week.

4. Dahl was his usual self but unspectacular which is weird for the only vested vet in there.

5. Our interior line was really strong and seemed to be on the same page. However on slide and zone blocks it was obvious that wasn't the case for the tackles. This understandable ofcourse after first Saffold went down and then Hunter for a short stint. Breakdowns in the line came when the inline TE and or tackle had to seal the DE.

6. Pass protection was off for most of the game. But the gameplan and Sam being mindful of this made this not a big problem. Quick throws and roll outs helped the line massively plus the soft cover 2 of the skins made it easy for Sam to find his blanky (amendola) quickly.

7. After all the troubles this was positive game for the line and I hope they can transfer that to next week. They will need to as the bears won't roll over at Soldier Field.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12