schut39 is offline Registered User

This may help the Rams chances next week

This loss of the Patriots might help us get another W next week.

Patriots put RB Maroney on injured reserve with shoulder problem

Associated Press
    FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- The New England Patriots put running back Laurence Maroney on injured reserve with a shoulder injury on Monday, ending his season.

The team also activated offensive lineman Stephen Neal from the physically-unable-to-perform list before Monday night's game against the Denver Broncos and signed cornerback Mike Richardson from the practice squad. To make room, the Patriots released offensive lineman Dan Connolly.
    The loss of Maroney dealt another blow to an offense playing without reigning NFL MVP Tom Brady, who suffered a season-ending knee injury in the opener. The Patriots entered Monday's game at 3-2 without their star quarterback.
    Maroney was a first-round draft pick out of Minnesota in 2006, who led the Patriots with 835 yards rushing last season but has struggled this season. He played in three games and totaled 93 yards on 28 rushes. He was sidelined against Miami and San Diego, both losses.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: This may help the Rams chances next week

No Brady, No Maroney and a less than stellar defense.

Can you say 3 in a row?

GO RAMS!

Note- No Rodney Harrison (hurt in the Monday night game)
    Last edited by laram0; -10-21-2008 at 07:52 AM.

gap Guest

If the officials keep finding tic-e-tac penalties, like the Denver offensive PI that didn't happen tonight, New England will continue to have a better than average chance to win the game.

I hope the RAMS can beat them, and that would be like the monkey they chucked in game three (IIRC) of 1999, but I doubt the officials will give the RAMS a level playing field.

gap

unorthodox1999 is offline Registered User

foxborough is still a tough place to play not to mention the players on the patriots are still very talented...i almost want to say this game will be more of a challenge than the dallas game was SUPPOSED to be..plus Matt Cassel isnt exactly Brad Johnson either...either way im cocky as hell and still rooting for the Rams like crazy...

Mooselini is offline Registered User

It still appears as if the Pats know how to get the job done.

Unless...Denver just fell off the face of the planet....

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

If we can add the Panties to our list of defeated foes nobody will underestimate the capabilities of this team for the rest of the season again. We need to do this. This is where the season begins for us. This is the team that ended our reign. Karma works in mysterious ways and i hope their cheating ways will catch up to them in this game. RAAAMS BABY!!!
    Last edited by Guam rammer; -10-21-2008 at 06:53 AM.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

I didn't watch the game last night, and I'm certainly glad I didn't, but it seems like the Broncos has just self destructed the last couple weeks. New England capitalized on bad plays by Denver, plain and simple. The question is, did they force them to make those bad plays, or did Denver screw it up on their own?

Despite being able to tee off on them all night, the Pats defense only got three sacks, and despite scoring 41 points, Cassel passed for less than 200 yards. This guy can't win the game! If we have any kind of a lead that makes them throw, we will win. If we shut down the run, we will win. Morris and Faulk have been their go to backs all year. Maroney never has shown much, except at the end of last year when everyone keyed on Moss and Brady. With Morris hurt(hopefully for our game at least) we'll have one less weapon to worry about. He's the injury that you need to watch this week.

The Pats offensive line is playing as bad as the Dallas line, so our line better be ready, hopefully with Carriker, because they'll be the key to this game. If they and the 'backers can shut down the Pats' run game, chances are highly in our favor.

schut39 is offline Registered User

Like laram0 said, rodney harrison also injured his quad which is a season ending injury. All these injuries are really helping us out.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

So Brady, Maroney, Sammy Morris, LaMont Jordan was also out, a less-than-spectacular secondary and Now Harrison? One thing's for certain: I'd much rather be facing the Patriots without those guys than with them.

However, much like with the Cowboys, there are still danger men. With a solid OL. who DOMINATED last night, the Patriots are going to keep themselves in it. Vrabel, Bruschi, Wilfork and Seymour can all get it done. Randy Moss and Wes Welker getting the ball from a QB who also played really well. Not to mention one of, if not the, most consistent and successful Head Coaches in the game. Keep yourselves grounded, is all I'm saying.
    Last edited by Bar-bq; -10-21-2008 at 07:31 PM.

Chris58 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bar-bq View Post
    So Brady, Maroney, Sammy Morris, LaMont Jordan was also out, a less-than-spectacular secondary and Now Harrison? One thing's for certain: I'd much rather be facing the Patriots without those guys than with them.

However, much like with the Cowboys, there are still danger men. With a solid OL. who DOMINATED last night, the Patriots are going to keep themselves in it. Vrabel, Bruschi, Wilfork and Seymour can all get it done. Randy Moss and Wes Welker getting the ball from a QB who also played really well. Not to mention one of, if not the, most consistent and successful Head Coaches in the game. Keep yourselves grounded, is all I'm saying.
    No doubt Bar bq. This won't be a cakewalk and if Jackson is out and Carricker is missing in action, we're really in tough. Losing Johnson also hurts our special teams. But after the last two weeks, I have no doubts that the Rams will represent themselves well.