adarian_too is offline Registered User

It may not be glamorous, but I'm ready for some Smash-Mouth Rams football this year.

I don't see the passing game returning to the glory years ... for all kinds of arguable reasons. But I do see LBs punishing receivers for coming over the middle. I do see safeties stopping players in their tracks on 3rd down preventing a 1st. I do see DTs getting an inside push. I do see the OL moving the stack. I do see WRs not diving to the turf but struggling for an extra couple of yards. I do see RBs not being stopped at the 1st point of impact. All of this I don't just expect to see, but have already seen. It's smash-mouth football on both sides of the ball. Finesse is OK at some times; but beating up on your opponent physically, mentally, and emotionally is OK at all times. I'd be perfectly happy to see the Rams change their rep from GSOT to Smash-Mouth UnLimited on a full-time basis.

Re: It may not be glamorous, but I'm ready for some Smash-Mouth Rams football this year.

I just dont see it happening bro. The team is not built for that. But I would not be unhappy if we did go that way

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: It may not be glamorous, but I'm ready for some Smash-Mouth Rams football this year.

Quote Originally Posted by adarian_too
    I don't see the passing game returning to the glory years ... for all kinds of arguable reasons.
    And I think anyone expecting that is kidding themselves. This isn't the GSOT circa '99-'01, but that doesn't mean it can't be effective like many other offenses in the league.

Welcome to the 2015 Rams Draft Class