RamBamThankYouMam is offline Registered User

The Mayans have been proven wrong

Before the season started I remember frantically thumbing threw many articles talking about the health of Bradford's ankle. There were articles talking about potential surgery, articles predicting doom and gloom, and even quotes from Bradford himself saying the ankle is not 100% just back in August. If I didn't know any better I would have guesses the world was going to end 5 months before predicted. To say the least, I was extremely worried about a long season with many games started by Kellen Clemens. The concern was obvious on the Clemens starting level, and then there was the concern about stunting Bradford's development with another season lost to injury.

Given the large volume of threads about what the Rams have in Bradford, I would really hate to be reading Bradford threads on this site if he would have missed a handful of games due to his ankle. Not to mention he would be even less productive during the times he was playing. Just like there was articles speaking doom and gloom before the season, I have a feeling they would have been running rampant at this juncture in time.

The one thing that I as a Rams fan was hoping for was solid offensive line play to preserve the health of Bradford and his nagging high ankle. While the Rams have dramatically improved their offensive line play from last year, there is still much to be desired which is evident in the stats and the recent onset of mock drafts suggesting maybe even two offensive lineman in the 1st round. The Rams finished last in sacks and QB hits given up in the league in 2011. This year the Rams have given up the 11th most amount of sacks and the 8th most QB hits.

Obviously that is dramatic improvement in keeping Bradford upright. However, things didn't look great to start this season with an onslaught of offensive line injuries and 14 sacks given up in the first 4 games. If there was a time for Bradford's injury to reemerge it was then, but luckily for us everything has worked out well up until this point. And, with all the talk of the end of the world recently, I don't think I could take the pain of reading articles predicting the end of the Rams' world on a site that I go to relax! So whether you think Bradford is a stud, a dud, or your still waiting on announcing your decision, let us all take solace in the fact that we haven't had to worry about an ankle that is guaranteed 50 million.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Re: The Mayans have been proven wrong

Bernie Miklasz is a Mayan?

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamBamThankYouMam View Post
    let us all take solace in the fact that we haven't had to worry about an ankle that is guaranteed 50 million.
    What have you done...

You have just jinxed us all.

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Bernie Miklasz is a Mayan?
    Lol. For the purposes of this thread, any one who was predicting that everything was bound to go horribly wrong is a Mayan.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    What have you done...

You have just jinxed us all.
    I guess we will just have to wait and see.