RamWraith is offline Registered User

Maybe it was a conflict

One really bright spot in all this, is that maybe we will now see 100% of Saunders offense. Part of me has to wonder how much Linehan was still trying to be part of that. I can not see someone like Linehan not wanting some control over what was his mark in the NFL.

We should see in the next few weeks what exactly this offense can do under 100% control of Saunders, as Haslett is a defensive guy, I am sure he will turn it all over the Al.

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

Re: Maybe it was a conflict

Time to open up the playbook and flip past page three...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

Mooselini is offline Registered User

I hope to see some things sorted out and see some better plays. We saw the Avery play which worked great. Saunders' playbook is like the New York phonebook. There has to be alot of choices we can see.

We play the bye weekend, we should get a win.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Whether or not the Saunders offense was floured down by Linehan remains to be seen. What we have seen, however, is poor line play, and I don't think that switching schemes or playbooks will fix that instantaneously. However, the promise we showed in the first half last week leaves me with at least some hope. Especially if, as some have suggested, the team played to lose in the second half (though I hope that's not the case).

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. RAM View Post
    he idea that the Rams need trick plays to score points sums it up for me.
    I'd argue the execution on a 'trick' play must be more difficult than that of a 'regular' play. The word 'trick' implies some sort of deception- an ability to fool opposing defenses. The gadget play of Avery's was executed almost perfectly, and the result?

Points are points to me, no matter how we score them.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

And it's not that we need to bring out all the trick and gadget plays, but use more of the plays that are available. More "basic" plays. That said, if the other team knows you're going to do a couple trick plays every game, then they'll be on the lookout for it, not wanting to give up the big one, which will occasionally leave them out of place on a normal play, which ends up being big. Don't discount the gadget and trick plays. Besides, play action is in essence, a trick play, no?

letsgoramz is offline Registered User

its simple Martz has a very advanced scheme on offense involving spreading the field and using a lot of movement to disrupt and confuse the defense . . . for vets like Bruce (when he was here ) Bulger and Torry , its not a wonder why they couldnt buy into Linehan's simple 3 and out offense after being in such a complex system so long
    Torry Holt Dont play that

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Bar-bq View Post
    Whether or not the Saunders offense was floured down by Linehan remains to be seen. What we have seen, however, is poor line play, and I don't think that switching schemes or playbooks will fix that instantaneously. However, the promise we showed in the first half last week leaves me with at least some hope. Especially if, as some have suggested, the team played to lose in the second half (though I hope that's not the case).

I think our o-line play has improved over the past 2 games. It's time for Saunders to open things up.