throwback week

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Maybe I should stop reading message boards for a while

I can't believe some of the things I read on message boards posted by purported Rams fans...

Steven Jackson is holding out: Ah, he's not all that good anyway. He's all talk and disloyal and blah blah blah.

Marc Bulger: He's overrated and not a good leader. He's mediocre and the Rams should have kept you-know-who (Arizona depth chart, second string). Blah blah blah blah.

Chris Long isn't dominating Orlando Pace (future HOF) in camp: He was the wrong pick and we should have taken Dorsey and blah blah blah.

Donnie Avery is injured: Ha ha he broke is ass and he's too small and fragile and Burton is better anyway and blah blah blah.

There have been some minor camp injuries: The sky is falling! Its just like last year! We're doomed and blah blah blah.

RELAX PEOPLE!

You know why you didn't hear all this stuff back in the old Los Angeles Rams days? BECAUSE THERE WAS NO INTERNET TO TELL US EVERY DETAIL, NO MATTER HOW MINUTE AND INSIGNIFICANT, OR TO TELL US WHAT EVERY YOKEL WITH A KEYBOARD THINKS!!!

I really wish I could take a nap and wake up on September 6 - the day before opening day. Then I could look at the roster, the injury list, and decide then how the team looks going into the games that matter.

And, by the way, any fan who is more interested in proving their own pet theory correct than they are in seeing the team succeed... maybe you're not a fan at all.

CaliGirlRamsFan Guest

Re: Maybe I should stop reading message boards for a while

All I can say is "DITTO"! I mentioned Jackson, but was, (and still not), that experienced in the NFL contract business.

I watch, and I tevo for Hubby if he is working.

Rams Fan all the way here.
    Last edited by CaliGirlRamsFan; -07-30-2008 at 12:45 AM.

YodaRam Guest

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post

TELL US WHAT EVERY YOKEL WITH A KEYBOARD THINKS!!!
    Well, that's a nice little rant, Av! So if you type something it's worthy but if someone else does, he or she is just a "yokel with a keyboard"? MMMmmm........
    RECHARGE Av! We're getting close to " Are you ready for some football.........."Although, we won't be hearing that before our games.

RAM ON!

Warner4prez Guest

I want nothing but the best for da rams. Is it wrong I want the same for Warner though?

CaliGirlRamsFan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by YodaRam View Post
    Well, that's a nice little rant, Av! So if you type something it's worthy but if someone else does, he or she is just a "yokel with a keyboard"? MMMmmm........
    RECHARGE Av! We're getting close to " Are you ready for some football.........."Although, we won't be hearing that before our games.

RAM ON!
    Is it 11:00 yet?

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

I have to agree, but I should stop reading the boards because i get too worked up over them. I freak over every little injury. Its the first time these guys have really hit each other in a long time. They're gonna get nicked up, it's just about avoiding the big one. We will be alright, it's impossible to have as many injuries as last year right?........right!?

moklerman Guest

Okay, see you later. I'm sure we'll all miss you telling us how wrong we are.

YodaRam Guest

Quote Originally Posted by moklerman View Post
    Okay, see you later. I'm sure we'll all miss you telling us how wrong we are.
    mokler, why do you have to go there?

RAM ON!

moklerman Guest

Well, I have to assume that AV likes it with all of the wonderful comments he's directed at me in the past. I'm still not sure how a thread that denigrates and generalizes the rest of us is somehow supposed to promote optimism.

Everyone in here sucks and isn't a real Rams fan like me. This is how you should post and what you should post about. Why aren't you all positive and upbeat about the Rams like I am? I'm leaving.

Go Rams.

faulk2jackson Guest

Jerry Jerry..................I think we are gonna win the superbowl. Mark my words lol

BrokenWing is offline Registered User

Actually, if you read alot of his posts from last season Av had alot of complaints about the Rams and how things are being run. He still does, but has agreed to keep them down for now until he sees how the season is going. Furthermore, he didn't attack everyone on the forum, he attacked specifically those people who perpetuate endless debates that achieve nothing but the irritation of large portions of the forum.

He also expressed his amazement at the people who say commonly accepted stars (like Steven Jackson) aren't really that great anyway. Which let's be honest, is a fairly amazing statement.

Everyone gets fed up from time to time and makes an irritated post on a forum somewhere, it happens, get over it. What amazes me is that you have basically described him as a jerk, but you seem to insist on being a jerk right back. It's not really impressive, in fact it reminds me alot of someone I used to know.

CLearly, he's agitated you in the other thread you two were arguing in, yet it seems you are determined to continue your argument in this thread. Just let it go. If he annoyed you, so what? Do you even know him in all reality? Probably not. So let it go. He's frustrated and venting, everyone does it. Instead of deciding it's a great time to take a potshot at him, just go post on another thread to an interesting discussion instead.

moklerman Guest

Well, I can't say that your comments don't have me curious. But, to answer your question and your advice, I'm just giving back a little of what AV has consistently dished out over the years. Who exactly is he to be judging anyone, anyway?

Furthermore, he didn't attack everyone on the forum, he attacked specifically those people who perpetuate endless debates that achieve nothing but the irritation of large portions of the forum.
    Just like so many of his posts, he's going after individuals instead of their opinions. Funny, you speak for "large portions of the forum" like someone else likes to do....
    Everyone gets fed up from time to time and makes an irritated post on a forum somewhere, it happens, get over it.
    Are you over my being fed up and making an irritated post yet?
    What amazes me is that you have basically described him as a jerk, but you seem to insist on being a jerk right back. It's not really impressive, in fact it reminds me alot of someone I used to know.
    You're amazed that I retorted what he offered? When he's being a jerk it's alright because he's venting but I'm a jerk for calling him on it? Why doesn't your vast knowledge of this board include all of the sarcastic, personal attacks he's offered toward me and my opinions?
    Instead of deciding it's a great time to take a potshot at him, just go post on another thread to an interesting discussion instead.
    Because he has extended an open invitation to this kind of response by starting this ridiculous thread in the first place. Please remember all of this the next time a thread that I'm having a discussion in is derailed by poor, defenseless, emotionally drained AV.
    Last edited by moklerman; -07-30-2008 at 03:01 AM.

RealRam is online now Registered User

We're getting close to "Are you ready for some football.........." -- YodaRam
    And therein lies the truth.

For that reason I think most of us are looking for any little piece of Rams news we can get our eyes on. No doubt, the Internet is a very football-friendly sportscater yet effective as a sensationalist voice as well.

It is certainly tough at times to read all this verbiage (sorry, I meant 'verbage') ... and, ironically ... that's what forums are for.

Hang in there AV. Hopefully the Rams will have a good, solid season and we'll all be on the same page. At least here at ClanRam.

lostsoul is offline Registered User

This forum has turned into one big argument.

itsguud is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by moklerman View Post
    Well, I can't say that your comments don't have me curious. But, to answer your question and your advice, I'm just giving back a little of what AV has consistently dished out over the years. Who exactly is he to be judging anyone, anyway?

Just like so many of his posts, he's going after individuals instead of their opinions. Funny, you speak for "large portions of the forum" like someone else likes to do....
    Are you over my being fed up and making an irritated post yet?
    You're amazed that I retorted what he offered? When he's being a jerk it's alright because he's venting but I'm a jerk for calling him on it? Why doesn't your vast knowledge of this board include all of the sarcastic, personal attacks he's offered toward me and my opinions?
    Because he has extended an open invitation to this kind of response by starting this ridiculous thread in the first place. Please remember all of this the next time a thread that I'm having a discussion in is derailed by poor, defenseless, emotionally drained AV.
    Bingo... Moklerman, you hit the nail on the head. There are definitely a few people on the boards whos posts always have a "I'm better then you" message in them.

I thought this fourm was about talking/discussing/chatting about the Rams. That includes everything about the rams. IF we had nothing to ***** about in the off-season, then we'd have nothing to talk about and thus no point in the boards.

When I joined the clan last year I enjoyed a long year of chatting/discussing... the Rams with everyone on here. Of course there were some arguments. And thank god there were some arguments. Just try and imagine the boards without different points of view; I believe it would sound something like this.

Ram-god: I think Jackson has hidden quickness and is underratted

Ram-lover: I concur

Ram-god: Avery was an amazing choice. I believe in the FO system now that they have Saunders, they are definitely right about EVERYTHING.

Go RAMS

Ram-god: Did anybody else think Brian Leonard was a bad pick

Ram-lover: I concur

Ram-S: I also concur

Ram-god: Wow, we are of the same mind, I also concur, this is not robotic at all. I am happy we all think the same, but not like robots.
    Wouldn't that be fun and keep us all coming back... yaaaaaaay

A little toast: To the CLANRAM forums, freedom of speech! and another Rams Superbowl this decade!

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast