Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Josh Guest

Re: Maybe I should stop reading message boards for a while

Why can't we be friends?

CaliGirlRamsFan is offline Registered User
    Just questioning facts.

"P.S. I have sources that have confirmed that he has an ass injury, coupled with a broken back and a lacerated hip. Film at 11."

Quote from Yoda.

NOT true at all. I'm not one for arguing, but come on! Where does Yoda pull this from?

Yoda needs to stop. Period, end of story.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wide receiver cracks bone in pelvis but could return in just a few days.

MEQUON, WIS. — After arriving late, Donnie Avery is leaving early. But not for as long as was first feared.

Avery, a speedy wide receiver out of the University of Houston and the Rams' second-round draft choice in April, cracked a bone in his pelvic area Monday when he landed hard after stretching out to make a catch. Still, he could be back on the field sooner rather than later.

"It's an unusual injury but not a serious injury," coach Scott Linehan said. "It could be a few days, it could be a week, probably not more than two weeks. He'll be able to run and train. It's more of a pain-tolerance type thing."
    The first wideout taken in the draft, Avery missed the first two practices of training camp while his agent negotiated with the Rams' front office. Avery wound up getting a four-year contract worth $4.8 million, with $2.775 million guaranteed.

He was taking part in his fourth practice when he was hurt. He was back on the field Tuesday, but without pads and running leisurely routes.

"It's just a little hairline fracture, really minor," Avery explained. He said team physician Matt Matava told him "just to avoid contact, and I'll be back out there with the boys in a couple of days."

Avery acknowledged that he could let frustration get the better of him. But he has decided to remain upbeat, realizing that had he sustained the same injury a month or so from now, as the regular season approached, the consequences would have been far greater.

"I'm just looking ahead and thinking, 'OK, if I miss these couple of days, I'll be OK for the rest of the camp. But if I keep on going, I'll be messed up for the rest of the year,'" he said. "So I'm happy just to sit back for a while and ... then get back into the swing of things."

Mark Setterstrom, who has been working with the first team at right guard, suited up but never got onto the field Tuesday. He complained of numbness in his lower right leg and was carted away for further examination.

"We think some of it is pinching of a nerve from a brace," Linehan said. "It's not the knee he hurt last year; it's his other leg. We sent him to get an MRI, just to make sure it wasn't anything serious."

A torn ligament in Setterstrom's left knee ended his 2007 season after just three weeks.
    Last edited by CaliGirlRamsFan; -07-30-2008 at 04:27 AM.

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

GO RAMS!!!!!!!!!

Thats all i have to about that.

YodaRam Guest

Quote Originally Posted by moklerman View Post

Everyone in here sucks and isn't a real Rams fan like me. Go Rams.
    Do you honestly believe that? If so, you are an ass. You have just thrown yourself under the bus. We are a family here at ClanRam. We agree to disagree over subjects. But we never ever say that everyone else sucks. WOW! Just after i supported your arguments on other threads. I'm very surprised and disappointed. Well, i guess that i shouldn't say that as you are the only "real Rams fan".

RAM ON!

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Too much to respond to, so my lips are sealed on this one.

RamOfDenmark is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by itsguud View Post
    Ram-god: I think Jackson has hidden quickness and is underratted

Ram-lover: I concur

Ram-god: Avery was an amazing choice. I believe in the FO system now that they have Saunders, they are definitely right about EVERYTHING.

Go RAMS

Ram-god: Did anybody else think Brian Leonard was a bad pick

Ram-lover: I concur

Ram-S: I also concur

Ram-god: Wow, we are of the same mind, I also concur, this is not robotic at all. I am happy we all think the same, but not like robots.
    Hey, don't joke around. That's just how things look over at the Chinese ClanRam board - ClanRamen!

Oh btw. YodaRam I'm pretty sure that "I'm a better fan than everyone else" comment by moklerman wasn't serious...

YodaRam Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RamOfDenmark View Post
    Hey, don't joke around. That's just how things look over at the Chinese ClanRam board - ClanRamen!

Oh btw. YodaRam I'm pretty sure that "I'm a better fan than everyone else" comment by moklerman wasn't serious...
    O.K. Then clear it up for me, Denmark.

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    Too much to respond to, so my lips are sealed on this one.

I couldn't possibly comment, except perhaps to say that pots and kettles came to mind at several times when reading the comments contained in this thread.

And yes, I have a couple in my kitchen too.

YodaRam Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Pang View Post

I couldn't possibly comment, except perhaps to say that pots and kettles came to mind at several times when reading the comments contained in this thread.

"Pots and kettles". As in one and the same?

YodaRam Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Pang View Post

Help me here, won't you?!

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I think its funny how many people have personalized my comments. I mentioned no person in particular, and many of my comments were directed to things I've read on other boards.

The real problem is that some people (here and elsewhere) are unable to distinguish between constructive criticism, warranted concern, and just plain naysaying.

Training camp is naysayers paradise. Every report of a bump, a bruise, a strain, a sprain, a missed assignment, a critical comment, or an ill-advised quote just feeds their fire.

In the end, there is only one thing that will shut the naysayer up: regular season wins.

KoaKoi is offline Registered User

We've had a few months of very little happening and now we're under 40 days from the first game and training camp is on... so there's a sudden influx of lots of info and lots of obviously, opinions and responses to that info. that's a drain on the senses if taken too much at one time.

Can you believe training camp is less than a week old. Feels like more with all the reports and updates and opinions and counter opinions and restatements of other opinions and counter restatements to other restatements of counter opinions.... etc.

maybe that's all it is.... opinion overload.

Here's to a great Rams season everyone... cheers!

moklerman is offline Registered User

Do you honestly believe that?
    No, it was supposed to be a sarcastic, exaggerated, facsimile of the original post. For effect.
    The real problem is that some people (here and elsewhere) are unable to distinguish between constructive criticism, warranted concern, and just plain naysaying.
    And which category would you place your rant?

I think there are just as many positive posts out there about the Rams, especially if you want to pay attention to them. Is it possible that the one's you disagree with just stick in your head more than the one's that don't?

Why aren't frustration and fear afforded to those that might be getting quickly nervous because of last year? Why is everyone else supposed to just relax when this thread is exactly the opposite of being patient and letting things transpire?

I don't think it's premature to worry about most of the things that you mentioned because there are perfectly reasonable scenarios that would adversely affect the Rams in the short and long term of 2008. You never know how and injury is going to impact a WR and a broken pelvis? That's pretty uncommon. For a 2nd round pick to be dealing with something like that right off the bat, is not cause for unbridled optimism. SJ holding out isn't a huge deal at this point but it is cause for concern. Besides any immediate impact it might have, it's illustrating a part of SJ's character that might not be welcomed by fans. The star RB and management fighting over money. Yes! WhooHoo. Parrr-tay.
    And, I'm sorry to have to tell you this, if you're going to be a Rams fan you're just going to have to accept that there will never be an end to the Warner/Bulger discussions.

In fact, it really surprises me that you don't see the big picture on something like that. That's what this thread is all about isn't it? Looking at the big picture and seeing things for what they are instead of focusing on the little things? Chris Long not dominating Orlando Pace? I haven't seen much about that. Certainly not enough to think it was a prevailing idea circulating through the Rams forums. [DELETED CONTENT]
    Last edited by AvengerRam; -07-30-2008 at 12:35 PM. Reason: I have not made this personal, so there's no need for you to do so.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by moklerman View Post
    And which category would you place your rant?
    That question proves my point. I don't engage in naysaying because, unlike some, I take no pleasure in posting negative comments. Even when I criticize Scott Linehan, I make it clear that I hope he proves me wrong.

In recent days, I've seen posts (again, on this board and others) stating that "Chris Long will be a bust," that "Marc Bulger is a skinny, average QB," that "Donnie Avery will probably miss the whole season," that "the Rams are already on their way to another injury-plagued season," that "Steven Jackson isn't all that good and we should have traded him," and other out-there comments. What's worse, most of those posts have an "I told you so" theme to them.

People can post whatever opinions they wish to post. I just fail to see why some people seem to take such joy in declaring "WE'RE DOOMED!!!!"

Chris58 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    People can post whatever opinions they wish to post. I just fail to see why some people seem to take such joy in declaring "WE'RE DOOMED!!!!"
    AV, I really don't have a side in this debate. I have posted positive, negative, cynical, smart-ass contributions since joining Clanram late last year. But I am surprised that you're surprised at people taking joy in doomsday! Look at the global warming debate. I perceive a great deal of glee from the proponents of this issue. An "I told you so you dirty polluting capitalist! Now we're all going to die, but at least I was right to want to go back to the caveman days."

I suggest it is human nature to put one's self-interest, principle or opinion ahead of everything else, even if it means taking gas.

For now, let's go RAMS!!!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast