Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 110
  1. #31
    Bald_81's Avatar
    Bald_81 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    25
    Posts
    894
    Rep Power
    22

    Re: Maybe I should stop reading message boards for a while

    Ok AV, the problem is you tried to create a thread that addresses all the 'rumours' and 'arguments' but instead caused an uproar of your own. You shouldn't have to try and speak on behalf of the forum because it is going to irritate some like it has been shown in this thread.


  2. #32
    moklerman's Avatar
    moklerman is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Age
    43
    Posts
    1,597
    Rep Power
    18

    Re: Maybe I should stop reading message boards for a while

    I don't engage in naysaying because, unlike some, I take no pleasure in posting negative comments.
    My, oh my.

  3. #33
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    18,625
    Rep Power
    167

    Re: Maybe I should stop reading message boards for a while

    Quote Originally Posted by Bald_81 View Post
    Ok AV, the problem is you tried to create a thread that addresses all the 'rumours' and 'arguments' but instead caused an uproar of your own. You shouldn't have to try and speak on behalf of the forum because it is going to irritate some like it has been shown in this thread.
    I don't mind if I caused an uproar, and I don't claim to be speaking for the forum.

    Truth is, there are some here who have no other purpose than to cause rancor. If my pointing that out causes some to bristle, so be it.

  4. #34
    RAMFANRAIDERHATER's Avatar
    RAMFANRAIDERHATER is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Surf City USA
    Age
    61
    Posts
    2,321
    Rep Power
    57

    Re: Maybe I should stop reading message boards for a while

    Lets be clear here on one thing.

    Posting, talking, or even thinking negative thoughts about the Rams has nothing to do with one's loyalty to the team. Just because some fans post opposing views and thoughts on the subject of the Rams, in a negative light, doesn't make that fan any less of a fan than the guy with the "we're number one" finger permanantly glued to their hand.

    Let's be frank here. There hasn't been a whole lot to be positive about when we're talking about our Rams. A team that's averaging just over 6 wins a year over the past 4 years isn't a bundle full of good news. As someone in this thread said, "In the end, there is only one thing that will shut the naysayer up: regular season wins" is absolutely correct. ...and when the Rams start winning, the "gloom and doom" messages will diminish.

    So why is anyone surprised at the gloom and doom attitude of some? The St. Louis Rams are not a good football team right now.

    That doesn't mean that those that criticize the Rams don't care about our team, in fact, I think the ones that point out the flaws and deficiencies are MORE of a fan than those fans with their head-in-the-sand posting that the Rams are the greatest thing since sliced bread. If you want to read that kind of mindless dribble, go to the Raiders web-site. They still think they're actually an NFL team!

    Personally, I don't post much here during the off-season and training camp, simply because it's not a very good gauge as to how the team really looks. It's #1's going against number 2's and 3's, and all the minor injuries have always been part of training camp. I'll just wait and see how the season progresses before I make judgment. I will jump into a topic such as the Jackson holdout because it is something I feel strongly about. But I won't comment on a message about Long not dominating Pace or Avery being a wasted pick. Time will tell me the true story. But if Long is a non-factor this year, or Avery doesn't catch a pass, you can bet your butt that I'll post negative comments on it. But I'll still be a Ram fan.

  5. #35
    RealRam's Avatar
    RealRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    8,390
    Rep Power
    68

    Re: Maybe I should stop reading message boards for a while

    We're getting close to "Are you ready for some football.........." -- YodaRam
    Quote Originally Posted by RealRam View Post
    And therein lies the truth.

    For that reason I think most of us are looking for any little piece of Rams news we can get our eyes on. No doubt, the Internet is a very football-friendly sportscater yet effective as a sensationalist voice as well.

    It is certainly tough at times to read all this verbiage (sorry, I meant 'verbage') ... and, ironically ... that's what forums are for.

    Hang in there AV. Hopefully the Rams will have a good, solid season and we'll all be on the same page. At least here at ClanRam.

    Felt 'compelled' to quote myself here to reiterate that most of us are just honest and sincere fans in search of Rams news, especially / particularly at this time when the 2008 season is just beginning.

    Online Forums tend to bring out the "writer / sporstwriter" wannabe in some of us. It does not necessarily mean we are trying to mislead or build up tabloid junk with speculative stories or questions.

    As I mentioned above, that's what, ironically, forums are for, i.e., ask, answer; comment, surmise (and even surprise) on the happenings, the people, and the Rams world in general. Inquisitive interaction, mistakes, corrections; all coming from both the humble and the proud.

    ...Hmmm, in this case we are building on AVs initial observation. ...Right?

    Uyyy. Twilight Zone.
    Last edited by RealRam; -07-30-2008 at 07:22 PM. Reason: Tyop. tyop!

  6. #36
    RealRam's Avatar
    RealRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    8,390
    Rep Power
    68

    Re: Maybe I should stop reading message boards for a while

    BTW, excellent post (#34) RFRH! Same time I was getting mine. REP points to you.

  7. #37
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    18,625
    Rep Power
    167

    Re: Maybe I should stop reading message boards for a while

    Anyone who reads my comments as a condemnation of all criticism needs to get new reading glasses.

  8. #38
    VegasRam's Avatar
    VegasRam is offline Ram MVP
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Age
    66
    Posts
    1,399
    Rep Power
    52

    Re: Maybe I should stop reading message boards for a while

    Quote Originally Posted by itsguud View Post
    Bingo... Moklerman, you hit the nail on the head. There are definitely a few people on the boards whos posts always have a "I'm better then you" message in them.


    Don't know about the "better than you" subliminals, but like it or not, some posters come off, (and not intentionally), as certainly "better informed", and (like it or not, again), more intelligent.

    Av's (obvious) point was that he was growing tired of reading basically idiotic posts, e.g., "Jackson's a (insert your idiotic, negative knee-jerk reaction comment here, which doesn't even qualify as an opinion) as a running back, or one of my other favorites, "Barrons a bust".

    Sorry guys, the fact that this board's very lifesblood is differing opinions notwithstanding, that is not the issue here. He never said people with negative opinions aren't "real" fans, or that negative opinions in and of themselves aren't or can't be valid.

    He essentially said he was tired of reading useless, pointless, uninformed, sometimes inflammatory drivel, having absolutely no basis in fact by any measureable standard.

    And I agree.

    And, as has been pointed out, he wasn't necessarily referring to any posters on this board.
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

  9. #39
    MoonJoe's Avatar
    MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Norco, CA
    Age
    49
    Posts
    1,440
    Rep Power
    42

    Re: Maybe I should stop reading message boards for a while

    Some people can write, others can't.

    The "tone" of a point can come through clearly, sometimes not.

    Some people are more negative, some more positive.

    Some posters are very intelligent, some are not.

    Some posters are very serious, some are not.

    Some are very mature (old!), some are very young.

    So there, in my opinion, lies the challenge for all of us. How do we know when someone is being: Thought provoking, an ass, curious, devious, or just bored to tears waiting for our team to take the field again and writing for writings sake? We won't always, but sometimes we do.

    I think the most important part is to remember we are all on the same team, want nothing but success for our team and depend dearly on those that put their time in for nothing other than our enjoyment on this site.

    Now, everyone, breathe, count to ten and play nice!!!!


    (Is this like a fight between teammates at camp or what?!)

  10. #40
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    18,625
    Rep Power
    167

    Re: Maybe I should stop reading message boards for a while

    Quote Originally Posted by VegasRam View Post
    Don't know about the "better than you" subliminals, but like it or not, some posters come off, (and not intentionally), as certainly "better informed", and (like it or not, again), more intelligent.

    Av's (obvious) point was that he was growing tired of reading basically idiotic posts, e.g., "Jackson's a (insert your idiotic, negative knee-jerk reaction comment here, which doesn't even qualify as an opinion) as a running back, or one of my other favorites, "Barrons a bust".

    Sorry guys, the fact that this board's very lifesblood is differing opinions notwithstanding, that is not the issue here. He never said people with negative opinions aren't "real" fans, or that negative opinions in and of themselves aren't or can't be valid.

    He essentially said he was tired of reading useless, pointless, uninformed, sometimes inflammatory drivel, having absolutely no basis in fact by any measureable standard.

    And I agree.

    And, as has been pointed out, he wasn't necessarily referring to any posters on this board.
    As the Fonz used to say, "EXACTAMUNDO!"

  11. #41
    RealRam's Avatar
    RealRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    8,390
    Rep Power
    68

    Thumbs up Re: Maybe I should stop reading message boards for a while

    Quote Originally Posted by MoonJoe View Post
    Some people can write, others can't.

    The "tone" of a point can come through clearly, sometimes not.

    Some people are more negative, some more positive.

    Some posters are very intelligent, some are not.

    Some posters are very serious, some are not.

    Some are very mature (old!), some are very young.

    So there, in my opinion, lies the challenge for all of us. How do we know when someone is being: Thought provoking, an ass, curious, devious, or just bored to tears waiting for our team to take the field again and writing for writings sake? We won't always, but sometimes we do.

    I think the most important part is to remember we are all on the same team, want nothing but success for our team and depend dearly on those that put their time in for nothing other than our enjoyment on this site.

    Now, everyone, breathe, count to ten and play nice!!!!


    (Is this like a fight between teammates at camp or what?!)

    Most excellent MoonJoe! [But unable to REP you] Great to clash helmets among Rams!

  12. #42
    Ram Dragoon's Avatar
    Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    1,288
    Rep Power
    16

    Re: Maybe I should stop reading message boards for a while

    Thank God we live in America where people can voice their minds. Fact is There would be no Rams without a fan base; with that base comes cheers and boos. Is it bad ro voice a concern or point out the OBVIOUS?

    Has S. Jackson come close yet to Erik Dickerson yet? Bulger certainly isn't a Favre or Manning when it comes to on the field personality. WE as fans want those qualities in those players who represent the Rams because we care. A lot of us miss and are still angery the I. Bruce is nolonger a Ram; why? Because we care.

    Fact is its good to question, to grumble. [Political type statement removed to keep the peace!] Perhaps if we fans voiced our displeasure earlier last year, Linehan might have started to right the ship earlier. just going along with the "PROGRAM" is a loosing position. The evidence of history proves that point out.

    Gotta keep in mind S. Jackson's holdout is a team distraction; come what may the more $$$ you pay him is less $$$ you can pay someone else that may help fill in the holes that make a winning team. Further the Rams need a leader to motivate and inspire the team, which many of us fans are concerned about Bulger.

    Obviously the Rams are displeased with the state of affairs--kinda recall not a lot of support in the stadium last season.

    We, the Rams fans, want a creditable team to be proud of. I been a fan since 1976 and always been proud to tell people I meet that I am. Perhaps if Linehan had showed the same concern and sense of urgency last year as some of us fans, his head wouldnt be on the chopping block this year.

    just pointing out the obvious
    Last edited by RamsFanSam; -07-30-2008 at 07:42 PM.

  13. #43
    bigredman's Avatar
    bigredman is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    El Paso, Texas
    Age
    57
    Posts
    1,815
    Rep Power
    61

    Re: Maybe I should stop reading message boards for a while

    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    I can't believe some of the things I read on message boards posted by purported Rams fans...

    You know why you didn't hear all this stuff back in the old Los Angeles Rams days? BECAUSE THERE WAS NO INTERNET TO TELL US EVERY DETAIL, NO MATTER HOW MINUTE AND INSIGNIFICANT, OR TO TELL US WHAT EVERY YOKEL WITH A KEYBOARD THINKS!!!

    And, by the way, any fan who is more interested in proving their own pet theory correct than they are in seeing the team succeed... maybe you're not a fan at all.

    Sigh....every year...several times a year...everytime someone says anything negative about the team, coaches, organization...ya hear "your not a real Ram fan" BS. Then ya get the "it's a free country" freedom of speech BS in response.

    You know what...a message board is for messaging within the rules established by that board, and what you say doesn't come without consequences. Sure you can say whatever you want about the Rams (within the rules), but you're not shielded from criticism for the content of what you say. To voice one's opinion, one must accept responsibility and accept accountability of one's opinion. So, yes, AvengerRam has every right to say you are not a real Ram fan, and you have the right to criticize the team and AvengerRam for his assessment of your opinion.

    My take is...people who criticize the Rams are just as much Ram fans and possess the same passion for the team to succeed as the Rah Rah never say anything bad support the Rams do or die crowd. One side just view the glass half empty, and the other half full...the amount of water in the glass is still the same.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  14. #44
    RealRam's Avatar
    RealRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    8,390
    Rep Power
    68

    Re: Maybe I should stop reading message boards for a while

    That's right BRM. Like offense playing against defense from squads of the same team!

    ...Or is it defense playing against offense???

  15. #45
    YodaRam Guest

    Re: Maybe I should stop reading message boards for a while

    Quote Originally Posted by Bald_81 View Post
    Ok AV, the problem is you tried to create a thread that addresses all the 'rumours' and 'arguments' but instead caused an uproar of your own. You shouldn't have to try and speak on behalf of the forum because it is going to irritate some like it has been shown in this thread.
    That is correct.



    RAM ON!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Defense Hopes Stop Serves As Springboard
    By RamsFan4ever in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -12-02-2006, 08:57 PM
  2. Tinoisamoa and Hargrove Moves Send the Right Message
    By AvengerRam in forum Articles by AvengerRam
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: -10-18-2006, 11:28 AM
  3. This has been the worst message board day ever
    By AvengerRam in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: -09-14-2005, 06:19 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: -09-14-2005, 07:58 AM
  5. Rams Official Message Board Closed
    By RamsFanSam in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: -07-01-2005, 12:25 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •