Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    YodaRam Guest

Re: Maybe I should stop reading message boards for a while

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Rather presumptuous of you to assume you know how any of this is impacting me, Dr. Philerter. Rest assured, none of this causes me the least bit of stress. If this board ever became a source of stress for me, rather than a way to escape from those things in my life that are truly stressful, I simply would not come here any more.

Of course, its easier to try to pin a "that's unhealthy" label on me than to actually address any point I've made here. That's okay, I don't want to stress YOU out any more than the league's deterioration has.
    It looks like someone is delivering here........
    1 ....2....3. PUSH! 1....2.....3. PUSH! ....and exhale...goooood. It appears as if that little bugger refuses to come out in the natural way. Not to worry. There are alternatives.

RAM ON!

THEFIELDGOAL is offline Registered User

Hey guys- I will say that it is a great discussion with different opinions. We need to address our point of view whether positive or negative.Last year was horrible and some of us felt that the team and coaching staff was not doing things to make us better.
    Well as we can see changes are in place to overcome some of the negativity that was caused by the injury bug. The blogs and message boards are just opinions and some people cannot tell the difference between practical and just obsurd comments.
    Steven Jackson is a solid back. But he is not a great back. That takes a team effort. He has not had the supporting cast that would make him more explosive. With Al Saunders maybe that will change. In the era of the Internet lots of rumors become facts quickly.
    Once the first game is played is when the true judgement is to be decided.
    I am a Rams fan with passion and also outspoken opinion. And that is what we want each fan to be. Love the Horns and keep the opinions coming.
    THE FIELD GOAL

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

In all honesty, as much as this thread has spawned some negative notation about people in this forum(no one being specifically named, cause all people on here are negative and positive, and i dont want to look through all the threads to see specific names, cause i dont really care), this to me, has been one of the most comprehensive/uplifting/entertaining threads the summer has dawned upon us.

This hasnt been about jackson's holdout/bulgers leadership/avery's injury/blah blah etc. this has been about clanram members. the people who make the rams possible, the fans, the beleivers, the ones who bleed blue and gold.

i think this thread was neccesary, not for the rams, but for the clanram, no mattter the negative or positive that was instilled into the members.

Everyone has an opinion, and we all voice it. i personally wouldnt of done it how AV did it, but maybe thats cause im just not him. not saying im better or worse, but just saying im diffrent, as we all our. This thread has sparked more controversy and energy then most have of recent, and i love it. These threads are needed every once in a while.

I dont agree with everything that AV has said, but i agreee with much. No one here will agree with everyone, thats the beauty of it all. If everyone felt the same way about every aspect of the team on here, well shoot, i think id click out of this site and never come back.What seriously would be the fun of that? I love seeing other peoples insight, whether good or bad, it ignites the fire inside during this long and dreadful offseason of perpetual disdain. that might be to harsh for what i mean, but im sure you get the drift of things.

so i guess all in all, im just saying, the Clanram is the greatest place to be for ram talk/news/arguments/freindship/enemies/justification/coalitions,etc.....ever.

Rams for life.
    Last edited by Tampa_Ram; -07-31-2008 at 04:46 AM.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    Too much to respond to, so my lips are sealed on this one.

TIMEOUT!

Sorry, that slipped out.

itsguud is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by VegasRam View Post
    Don't know about the "better than you" subliminals, but like it or not, some posters come off, (and not intentionally), as certainly "better informed", and (like it or not, again), more intelligent.

Av's (obvious) point was that he was growing tired of reading basically idiotic posts, e.g., "Jackson's a (insert your idiotic, negative knee-jerk reaction comment here, which doesn't even qualify as an opinion) as a running back, or one of my other favorites, "Barrons a bust".

Sorry guys, the fact that this board's very lifesblood is differing opinions notwithstanding, that is not the issue here. He never said people with negative opinions aren't "real" fans, or that negative opinions in and of themselves aren't or can't be valid.

He essentially said he was tired of reading useless, pointless, uninformed, sometimes inflammatory drivel, having absolutely no basis in fact by any measureable standard.

And I agree.

And, as has been pointed out, he wasn't necessarily referring to any posters on this board.

Fine to say but in practice isn't as useful. Your still putting the point out there that some people have BETTER, because they are "well informed" or whatever opinions then others.

I'm not disagreeing even with that fact. My point is I like everyone having different opinions. Whether they are wrong or not. Its the only reason there are 5 pages in this thread right now.

Please see my robotic post on page two... how boring life would be then.

itsguud is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    This is great. Ram football is upon us. The team is heatin' up, and the fans are heatin' up. Let the games begin!!!!

Thread MVP; for this post, goes to RAMFANRAIDERHATER! Love it, love this thread. Love the fact that as soon as the season starts everyone on these boards will be sitting (theoretically) beside one another on the couch beer (insert favorite drink here) in hand yelling at the refs for stupid calls and cheering the RAMS on.

The only thing that disappoints me is that in real life I have to sit next to a whiner fan

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I find it interesting (and a bit amusing) how easily a long, heated, thread can be produced merely by stating that "People who _________ are not real fans." Apparently, questioning any person's quality as a fan akin to questioning a political candidate's patriotism or loyalty to his or her country.

Truth be told, not all fans are created equal. As much as people here are afraid to admit it, there are some people who jumped on the bandwagon during the GSOT era, can't accept the fact that that era has ended, and probably won't be active Rams fans until the team become a contender again. If you want to believe that people like that don't exist, that's fine. But you're kidding yourself.

There are also fans who view football as a way to transfer and vent their general frustrations by complaining about everything the team does. Think of the Cubs fan who, on some level, does not want to see the team succeed because he or she truly enjoys ranting about "the curse." Again, if want to believe that people like that don't exist, that's fine. Again, you are kidding yourself.

I'm here a lot (obviously). I see who comes and goes from these boards. As a result, I can pretty much predict which "fans" will show up and comment when certain things happen. If Bulger has a bad game, I know who will chime in. If Long or Avery struggles, I know who will chime in. If Steven Jackson continues his holdout, I know who will chime in. And, most importantly, the people I am referring to generally won't even show up here if things are going well.

In my book, those people are not truly "fans." And, as so many have pointed out, I'm entitled to my opinion on this subject.

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Ah Yikes!

Did someone put inverted commas around the word 'fan', or even mention (with suitable irony) the dreaded phrase, 'real fan'?

On a board that celebrates diversity of opinion and operates in a medium and a sport where such diversity is obvious, you can't do that without drawing fire. Note I didn't say you can't do it, just that it'll draw the heated comment that the OP was seeking to take exception to.

Its a barb and people will bite, no matter how well presented.

Maybe that was the point?

I've had little time for some of the threads myself but they pale into insignificance compared to some of the stuff we saw last season.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

This has certainly been a facinating thread. I can only imagine how different it would have been if the last line in Av's original post wasn't included (not that it should have been omitted).

Kurt Warner, Mike Martz, Marc Bulger, Steven Jackson, Scott Linehan - none of these lightning rods have anything on the question of fandom, not even close.

THEFIELDGOAL is offline Registered User

Well enough said. We are all going to have the different approach. I for one have been able to express both positive and or negative. But to be a true fan. It's hard to classify. There are different levels of fan support. Casual, Devoted and Diehards. I think thats the difference in opinion. And then we have the dreamers, hopefuls, and the realist.
    So no matter where we fall, in the end we all care in some form for the team and more so for the players. Otherwise we would not be discussing the differences in this length.
    So let's just agree to disagree and make it heated and fun in the end.
    THE FIELD GOAL

moklerman is offline Registered User

This thread perfectly embodies why I'm not here any more than I am. I enjoy talking about football and the Rams. I don't enjoy being judged or graded on a personal level. This board used to be exactly what I'd always hoped for in a message board. Now, it's not much better than the PD board as far as I'm concerned.

Having moderators who antagonize, persecute and demean posters that are not to his liking may be a reality on the internet but it wasn't always like that here. I don't spend 23 1/2 hours a day on this board but the times I do show up, I know I'm in someone's crosshairs.

Kudos on this thread. Just like every other thread that I've seen with certain participants, we're not talking Rams, NFL or football.

Rather than reply to the drivel of the last post, I give you...

The Official Naysayer's Rams Starting Lineup

QB: Not-da-Warner
    RB: Not-da-Faulk
    FB: 2nd Round Bust
    WR: Bad Knee Future Panther
    WR: Big Money Bruce Remover
    TE: Underused Wife Beater
    OT: Fat Injury Prone Has Been
    OT: False-Starting Bust
    OG: Better Pan Out FA
    OG: Hop-along
    C: Anger Management Man

DE: DUI don’t know if I can support him
    DE: Not-da-Dorsey
    DT: Has Been Man
    DT: Adam Shame he got hurt
    OLB: Mr. Glass
    MLB: Still Too Small for the Middle
    OLB: Nobody
    CB: Shorty Von Hurtalot
    CB: Marij-One Strike Away Man
    SS: Old and Useless
    FS: Bad Angle FA to be

Thank you for illustrating my point for me. I can always count on you.

Quote Originally Posted by moklerman View Post
    Thank you for illustrating my point for me. I can always count on you.
    Has it occured to you that the only person who has made this thread about you is you?

I'm using myself as an example because I have specific knowledge to base my opinion. I know that I'm not the only one who's had issues along those lines but I choose not to speak "for everyone else". But, I'll reach my limit soon enough and you can go back to being the center of attention. You see, just as you feel compelled to call out fans who aren't "real" enough for you, I feel likewise about your bologna. You live it though, and will always win out because I hate this crap and will go elsewhere until I think I can sneak in a conversation on this board without you derailing it or sniping at me.

Doesn't everyone just loooooooove hearing about all of this instead of Rams talk on the cusp of preseason?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast