Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    VegasRam is offline Ram MVP

Re: Maybe I should stop reading message boards for a while

CB: Shorty Von Hurtalot

"the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by VegasRam View Post
    CB: Shorty Von Hurtalot
    That's a good one. I also got a chuckle out of WR: Big Money Bruce Remover.

bigredman is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by bigredman
    [I
    My take is...people who criticize the Rams are just as much Ram fans and possess the same passion for the team to succeed as the Rah Rah never say anything bad support the Rams do or die crowd. One side just view the glass half empty, and the other half full...the amount of water in the glass is still the same.[/i]
    That statement is both 100% valid and 100% irrelevant to any argument I've made in this thread.
    Can I respond with your very words here....
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    Has it occured to you that the only person who has made this thread about you is you?

When are you going to learn to stop poking the bear?
    Last edited by bigredman; -07-31-2008 at 08:04 PM.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

No ill will to you, BRM. You know I always have your back (which, given our relative sizes, means that I can hide behind you and be undetectable to any oncoming attacker ).

Some may think this thread was a waste of time but, admit it... its distracted you from thoughts of camp injuries and hold outs over the past day or two, hasn't it?

RamWraith is offline Registered User

What really makes me wonder...How is it that a couple people can get so many people panties in a bunch??

THEFIELDGOAL is offline Registered User

Just goes to show that we have passion and we will stand for our beliefs no matter the end result. But hey we got preseason coming up and we need to chill until the real games. All the camp notes are just that notes and that means more threads to get the discussions rolling.
    THE FIELD GOAL

bigredman is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith View Post
    What really makes me wonder...How is it that a couple people can get so many people panties in a bunch??
    Speaking of panties in a bunch...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RealRam is offline Registered User

As long as no one feels he or she is walking on eggshells formed by the words of their posts ... we'll be fine.

That's the spirit of a good forum.

Rules? Yes, of course. But no belittling which usually stems from egotistical analysis and not the topic itself. // I don't visit other forums but I've lived enough to know that too often simple commentaries are jumped on by the proud in order to pacify their personality needs (and yes, sometimes the humble also react and renegade in order to protect their wants).

MoonJoe had already collected and presented the general types of posters that cause no problematic of opinion with their pondering. And I think most of us agree ... or as the Terminator said in bad vernacular, "no problemo."

Some people can write, others can't.

The "tone" of a point can come through clearly, sometimes not.

Some people are more negative, some more positive.

Some posters are very intelligent, some are not.

Some posters are very serious, some are not.

Some are very mature (old!), some are very young.

So there, in my opinion, lies the challenge for all of us. How do we know when someone is being: Thought provoking, an ass, curious, devious, or just bored to tears waiting for our team to take the field again and writing for writings sake? We won't always, but sometimes we do.

I think the most important part is to remember we are all on the same team, want nothing but success for our team and depend dearly on those that put their time in for nothing other than our enjoyment on this site.

Now, everyone, breathe, count to ten and play nice!!!!

(Is this like a fight between teammates at camp or what?!) -- MJ

Online Forums tend to bring out the "writer / sporstwriter" wannabe in some of us. It does not necessarily mean we are trying to mislead or build up tabloid junk with speculative stories or questions. -- RealRam

Alright, let's take this thread to a hundred posts of pseudo psychologial preseason partying!
    Last edited by RealRam; -07-31-2008 at 08:41 PM. Reason: Smiley

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Rather presumptuous of you to assume you know how any of this is impacting me, Dr. Philerter.
    Well the Dr. Philerter is kinda funny.

Maybe I was reading too much into your words. Your words seemed to indicate that you were being bothered by what you read on message boards.

You seemed agitated or frustrated and stressed.

But, as you state, I'm just speculating. It is hard to know for certain. You have written these types of threads many times over the years and I seriously doubt I'm the only ClanRam member that has noticed that.

I was not clear about the NFL statement that I made and you misunderstood me. I grew up playing football for the love of the game and to me the NFL is nothing about that. Never has been in my mind.

You mention "escape" and that is what the NFL or any other form of entertainment boils down to. Rather meaningless in the grand scope of life. So, to me, it seems illogical and a bit sanctimonious to ponder and then breakdown a fan into varying degrees. A fan is a fanatic plain and simple. I just don't see how it's worth being bothered with beyond that. Kinda takes away the enjoyment from the escape.

Josh Guest

can you Get Banned for Calling someone an Ass??? Come on.. lets all gather for a group hug, and be friends!!

RealRam is offline Registered User

You're right Ferter in your philosophical view of the game of football and the value / perspective of entertaiment in general.

After all these comments then -- going on 100 after 1000 views, I reckon -- if what some people say sometimes, is not to one's fancy or approval, then AV's self recommendation and title to "...stop reading message boards for a while" ought to be a warning for us all to heed!

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by Ferter View Post
    A fan is a fanatic plain and simple.
    Ok ok .. I admit to being a fanatical Ram fan ..

Quote Originally Posted by Ferter View Post
    So, to me, it seems illogical and a bit sanctimonious to ponder and then breakdown a fan into varying degrees.
    As a fanatic, I can't be expected to be 100% rational all the time. Therefore, I believe it is my right as a fanatical fan to be sanctimonious when necessary .. When is necessary really necessary you ask?? Now that would be asking a fanatic for rationality which of course is abhorrent to a fanatic. This whole thing is starting to smack of rational sanctimoniousness to me and ... well .. and uh ... well ....

GO RAMS !!!!!!!!!!!

RAM-BO is offline Registered User

I find it interesting (and a bit amusing) how easily a long, heated, thread can be produced merely by stating that "People who _________ are not real fans." Apparently, questioning any person's quality as a fan akin to questioning a political candidate's patriotism or loyalty to his or her country.

Truth be told, not all fans are created equal. As much as people here are afraid to admit it, there are some people who jumped on the bandwagon during the GSOT era, can't accept the fact that that era has ended, and probably won't be active Rams fans until the team become a contender again. If you want to believe that people like that don't exist, that's fine. But you're kidding yourself.

There are also fans who view football as a way to transfer and vent their general frustrations by complaining about everything the team does. Think of the Cubs fan who, on some level, does not want to see the team succeed because he or she truly enjoys ranting about "the curse." Again, if want to believe that people like that don't exist, that's fine. Again, you are kidding yourself.

I'm here a lot (obviously). I see who comes and goes from these boards. As a result, I can pretty much predict which "fans" will show up and comment when certain things happen. If Bulger has a bad game, I know who will chime in. If Long or Avery struggles, I know who will chime in. If Steven Jackson continues his holdout, I know who will chime in. And, most importantly, the people I am referring to generally won't even show up here if things are going well.

In my book, those people are not truly "fans." And, as so many have pointed out, I'm entitled to my opinion on this subject.
    Where will I be in 10 years?

YodaRam Guest

QUOTE=AvengerRam;235827

I'm here a lot (obviously). I see who comes and goes from these boards. As a result, I can pretty much predict which "fans" will show up and comment when certain things happen.
    OOOOOHHHHHHMMM....OOOHHHHMMM...Ohms law....Will i win a billion dollars in the lottery this year?? And, more importantly, will my dog stop licking his butt?

OHHH So many questions! So little time!

RAM ON!
    Last edited by YodaRam; -08-01-2008 at 03:57 AM.

Been away for a bit and come back to see .... Nothing changes.

Yes Av posted something.
    Yes, the usual suspects take umbrage and react
    Yes, a rather drawn out and sometimes funny thread emerges.

Can someone go back and actually read the first post?

What I got from the first post was Av was pointing out that some very clueless people were reacting in an expected way.
    Then, members who don’t really agree with Av in anything he does take the chance to “get in there”
    Just “my” observations

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast