Re: Maybe I should stop reading message boards for a while

Quote Originally Posted by RamDez View Post
    Just “my” observations
    yes, boss.
    whatever you say, boss.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Been away for a bit and come back to see .... Nothing changes.

Yes Av posted something.
    Yes, the usual suspects take umbrage and react
    Yes, a rather drawn out and sometimes funny thread emerges.

Can someone go back and actually read the first post?

What I got from the first post was Av was pointing out that some very clueless people were reacting in an expected way.
    Then, members who don’t really agree with Av in anything he does take the chance to “get in there”
    Just “my” observations
    You are truly wise, oh Great Clan Guru!

VegasRam is offline Ram MVP

But more importantly, "How was the Ride?"

And how much money did you raise?
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

raised over £10k so far, that's about $20k in your funny money

RealRam is offline Registered User

Can someone go back and actually read the first post? -- RamDez
    Alright, here's AVs 1st post:

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    I can't believe some of the things I read on message boards posted by purported Rams fans...

Steven Jackson is holding out: Ah, he's not all that good anyway. He's all talk and disloyal and blah blah blah.

Marc Bulger: He's overrated and not a good leader. He's mediocre and the Rams should have kept you-know-who (Arizona depth chart, second string). Blah blah blah blah.

Chris Long isn't dominating Orlando Pace (future HOF) in camp: He was the wrong pick and we should have taken Dorsey and blah blah blah.

Donnie Avery is injured: Ha ha he broke is ass and he's too small and fragile and Burton is better anyway and blah blah blah.

There have been some minor camp injuries: The sky is falling! Its just like last year! We're doomed and blah blah blah.

RELAX PEOPLE!

You know why you didn't hear all this stuff back in the old Los Angeles Rams days? BECAUSE THERE WAS NO INTERNET TO TELL US EVERY DETAIL, NO MATTER HOW MINUTE AND INSIGNIFICANT, OR TO TELL US WHAT EVERY YOKEL WITH A KEYBOARD THINKS!!!

I really wish I could take a nap and wake up on September 6 - the day before opening day. Then I could look at the roster, the injury list, and decide then how the team looks going into the games that matter.

And, by the way, any fan who is more interested in proving their own pet theory correct than they are in seeing the team succeed... maybe you're not a fan at all.

Six, seven pages later, 'looks to me like AV shot himself on the foot!

Maybe not with a magnum gun (but even a B-B pistol must hurt if you're barefoot).

...There's a sweeping, generalizing squash of FANS -- and that's US -- that pour a lot of "blah blah blah" by way of their "blah blah blah" comments posted on message boards that, as the thread evolves, clearly and quickly point to US, the fans, even those on THIS message board.

That's why, just last night, I suggested the following:

After all these comments then ... if what some people say sometimes, is not to one's fancy or approval, then AV's self recommendation and title to "...stop reading message boards for a while" ought to be a warning for us all to heed!

"Stop reading". Heeee, heee, hee.

Furthermore...

As long as no one feels he or she is walking on eggshells formed by the words of their posts ... we'll be fine.

That's the spirit of a good forum.

Rules? Yes, of course. But no belittling which usually stems from egotistical analysis and not the topic itself. // I don't visit other forums but I've lived enough to know that too often simple commentaries are jumped on by the proud in order to pacify their personality needs (and yes, sometimes the humble also react and renegade in order to protect their wants).
    -- RR

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MauiRam View Post
    As a fanatic, I can't be expected to be 100% rational all the time. Therefore, I believe it is my right as a fanatical fan to be sanctimonious when necessary .. When is necessary really necessary you ask?? Now that would be asking a fanatic for rationality which of course is abhorrent to a fanatic.
    I think as a fanatic one is not 100% rational to begin with. I think all of us that frequent the ClanRam or other message boards are slightly whacked at times. I used to hang out here a ton, probably too much. It got to the point where I'd open a thread and start reading and think to myself Blah-Blah-Blah - I just don't care to read anymore blah-blah opinions. So, I stepped away from hanging out here so much.

I will admit I find this thread somewhat intriguing because I really do not think AV is that much different from the rest of us. Av creates a fictitious party (S.L.O.P.) which is a perfect avenue to harvest the types of fans that he has stereotyped as non-conformist or not real fans. Then, this preaseason, he creates the fictitious manifesto for the party. When I see that on the board I'm like "dude, a freaking manifesto for a fictitious party" wow, you are a little bit whacked too.

I think all in all you just gotta laugh at this stuff and when you can't laugh at it anymore then you probably need to step away for a bit. "A broken ass" is funny - I don't care who you are that is funny. I would hope that AV is sitting back and laughing at most of the stuff he comes up with, but sometimes, like now, I wonder.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferter View Post
    I will admit I find this thread somewhat intriguing because I really do not think AV is that much different from the rest of us. Av creates a fictitious party (S.L.O.P.) which is a perfect avenue to harvest the types of fans that he has stereotyped as non-conformist or not real fans. Then, this preaseason, he creates the fictitious manifesto for the party. When I see that on the board I'm like "dude, a freaking manifesto for a fictitious party" wow, you are a little bit whacked too.
    You've got it all wrong, Ferter. I created SLOP purely for the sake of the tax write-offs.

itsguud is offline Registered User

some very clueless people were reacting in an expected way.
    See its using words like Clueless to describe a fellow Clannie that was why people jumped on poor... ah... Giant Blue Metallic Robot looking, AV in the first place.

This brotherhood just needs love!... and maybe a new HC/FO

HEADSLAP75 Guest

Been away for a bit and come back to see .... Nothing changes.

Yes Av posted something.
    Yes, the usual suspects take umbrage and react
    Yes, a rather drawn out and sometimes funny thread emerges.

Can someone go back and actually read the first post?

What I got from the first post was Av was pointing out that some very clueless people were reacting in an expected way.
    Then, members who don’t really agree with Av in anything he does take the chance to “get in there”
    Just “my” observations
    Yes, I can, and did go back to the first post. I'm still looking for a problem with it, can't find one..

No other fan base eat's it's own more than Rams fans, it's in our nature to lock horns, it's what Rams do..

LA RAM FAN....HEADSLAP75....JUST RAM FANS BABY!!

CaliGirlRamsFan is offline Registered User

Red face Re: Maybe I should stop reading message boards for a while

Quote Originally Posted by bigredman View Post
    Speaking of panties in a bunch...
    Umm, can I have my panties back now?

YodaRam Guest

Quote Originally Posted by itsguud View Post
    See its using words like Clueless to describe a fellow Clannie that was why people jumped on poor... ah... Giant Blue Metallic Robot looking, AV in the first place.

This brotherhood just needs love!... and maybe a new HC/FO
    No argument from me, itsguud! Aren't we all "clueless" at times? Can somebody help me, here? Years ago, when i joined this forum, i loved the fact that fans could come together and voice opinions, have meaningful discussions, and yes, disagree without "BIG BROTHER" intervening unless rules had been broken. Language........etc.
    I'm starting to feel like the agenda on priorities and the handling of situations have changed, here.
    Also, let me make this clear. Although i may make comments that are negative about Rams players, coaches, management.....etc. I am, always have been, and always will be A RAMS FAN! I have my own way of expressing myself. Other "true Rams fans" have their ways of expressing themselves. I may not agree with theirs and they may not agree with mine (which is, often the case). No matter. As long as we can "respect" each others opinions it keeps this site creative, fresh and fun!
    I also think that "ego's" are causing problems. We all have one. And that's fine. But i do feel that people with "responsible" positions on this site should try to keep them in check, as i believe that we lose some insightful, knowledgeable and creative "true Rams fans" in the process.

O.K. i'm windbaggin' now.

RAM ON!!

RealRam is offline Registered User

You, Yoda, are the winner of reply number 100!!! Yeayyyy!

As long as we can "respect" each other's opinions it keeps this site creative, fresh and fun!
    -- YR
    And that, IMO, ought to be the innocent, true moral of the story.

You might recall I posted about the egotistical analysis (one / two pages back). I also mentioned that as long as no one feels he or she is walking on eggshels formed by the words of their posts, we'll be fine.

Or, A.K.A. the respect you just wrote about.

Maybe AV will have mercy on us and close the thread now?
    Last edited by RealRam; -08-01-2008 at 11:13 PM. Reason: Tyop!

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by YodaRam View Post
    Can somebody help me, here? Years ago, when i joined this forum, i loved the fact that fans could come together and voice opinions, have meaningful discussions, and yes, disagree without "BIG BROTHER" intervening unless rules had been broken. Language........etc.

I'm starting to feel like the agenda on priorities and the handling of situations have changed, here.
    I don't think anythng has really changed. Every so often we have these kinds of threads which can get a little heated and sometimes personal, with the big guy giving his "observations" just to keep things in line. Sometimes he even has occasion to threaten using the red button.
    Last edited by r8rh8rmike; -08-01-2008 at 11:31 PM. Reason: spelling

YodaRam Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam View Post
    You, Yoda, are the winner of reply number 100!!! Yeayyyy!

And that, IMO, ought to be the innocent, true moral of the story.

You might recall I posted about the egotistical analysis (one / two pages back). I also mentioned that as long as no one feels he or she is walking on eggshels formed by the words of their posts, we'll be fine.

Or, A.K.A. the respect you just wrote about.

Maybe AV will have mercy on us and close the thread now?
    OOPS!! Sorry RealRam! This is not the first time that i have echoed your sentiments thinking that i was bringing something new to the table.
    One day, i will have an original thought, though. AND WHEN I DO......well, you'll know.

RAM ON!

Since when are all opinions worth of respect?

If posted "in my opinion Chris Long has already proven to be a bust," would you respect that opinion?

I sure wouldn't.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast