Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 36
  1. #16
    Mooselini's Avatar
    Mooselini is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    3,724
    Rep Power
    28

    Re: Maybe Rams should draft RB with their 1st pick.

    The only reason why we get media coverage of any sort is because Steven Jackson. The only reason why people watch our games when another one is on, is because Steven Jackson.

    Trading him away would be the worst idea ever. Besides Jackson, nothing is really exciting about Rams football if youre a casual fan.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

  2. #17
    Bar-bq's Avatar
    Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    2,822
    Rep Power
    92

    Re: Maybe Rams should draft RB with their 1st pick.

    Quote Originally Posted by BEER View Post
    Who said you HAVE to draft a RB? And "if" the Rams did trade him it would im sure
    be a couple of picks. Maybe 1st and a 3 the following year.
    The title and primordial post seem to suggest, at least to me, that trading Jackson and 'drafting a RB with our first pick' what is to be discussed in this thread. Nobody has said you HAVE to, that was merely the direction the discussion was headed toward.

    Personally I think it would be ludicrous to trade away your best player and only TV drawcard. The bottom line is that people tune in week in and week out to see Steven Jackson play in a way that no other current Rams player has proved themselves capable. To cut your profit margins for a what remains an ostensible gamble on a high draft pick, no matter who the player is, can only be seen as a boneheaded move worthy of the Shawgmunt hall of fame.

  3. #18
    makersncoke's Avatar
    makersncoke is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    mo
    Age
    46
    Posts
    658
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: Maybe Rams should draft RB with their 1st pick.

    While I would not be an advocate of trading Jackson for some draft picks, I do think somewhere in this years draft the Rams needs to look at another back that can take some of the load off Jackson.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  4. #19
    BEER's Avatar
    BEER is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    ca
    Posts
    896
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Maybe Rams should draft RB with their 1st pick.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bar-bq View Post
    The title and primordial post seem to suggest, at least to me, that trading Jackson and 'drafting a RB with our first pick' what is to be discussed in this thread. Nobody has said you HAVE to, that was merely the direction the discussion was headed toward.

    Personally I think it would be ludicrous to trade away your best player and only TV drawcard. The bottom line is that people tune in week in and week out to see Steven Jackson play in a way that no other current Rams player has proved themselves capable. To cut your profit margins for a what remains an ostensible gamble on a high draft pick, no matter who the player is, can only be seen as a boneheaded move worthy of the Shawgmunt hall of fame.
    Dont let your love for the Rams get in the way of Logical thinking.

    And its selfish to keep SJ for the sole purpose of tv ratings.

    O, and I sould HAVE said "who says" instead of "who said". My bad.
    Last edited by BEER; -11-29-2009 at 11:27 AM.

  5. #20
    shower beers's Avatar
    shower beers is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    2,998
    Rep Power
    58

    Re: Maybe Rams should draft RB with their 1st pick.

    Quote Originally Posted by BEER View Post
    Dont let your love for the Rams get in the way of Logical thinking.

    And its selfish to keep SJ for the sole purpose of tv ratings.

    O, and I sould HAVE said "who says" instead of "who said". My bad.

    It's not selfish to the Owner and Front Office, who's job it is to bring people in to watch the Rams every week. The bottom line is that this is an entertainment industry, and taking away the team's only draw would spell instant destruction to the organization.

  6. #21
    shower beers's Avatar
    shower beers is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    2,998
    Rep Power
    58

    Re: Maybe Rams should draft RB with their 1st pick.

    Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    Now lets look at the last 10 superbowl winning qb's and their respective draft position.

    2008-Big Ben-drafted 2004 round 1 pick 11
    2007-Eli Manning-2004 round 1 pick 1
    2006-Peyton Manning-1998 round 1 pick 1
    2005-Big Ben
    2004-Tom Brady-2000 round 6 pick 199
    2003-Tom Brady
    2002-Brad Johnson-1992 round 9 pick 227
    2001-Tom Brady
    2000-Trent Dilfer-1994 round 1 pick 6
    1999-Kurt Warner-Un-drafted 1994

    If it werent for Big Ben and the mannings this is filled with low draft picks. Just because a qb is touted high coming out of college doesnt mean anything. I dont see it to be neccessary to pick a qb with our first pick just because Colt Mccoy,Bradford,Tebow and Locker had good seasons. Locker in my opinion is the best of those four. We also dont need to trade away our best player thats just stupid. The reason we are bad now is because of our past draft failures. Hardly any of our draft picks from before the new regime are left on this team. I trust the front office and hopefully they dont do a knee jerk reaction and pick a qb with our first pick because that hardly ever results in success.


    And if it weren't for Tom Brady, your list would only have two examples. If you want to use that list to draw a conclusion, then it's 50-50. Actually, there are 4 individual examples of high draft pick players and 3 examples of low draft/undrafted players.

  7. #22
    rammiser's Avatar
    rammiser is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,987
    Rep Power
    57

    Re: Maybe Rams should draft RB with their 1st pick.

    Quote Originally Posted by shower beers View Post
    And if it weren't for Tom Brady, your list would only have two examples. If you want to use that list to draw a conclusion, then it's 50-50. Actually, there are 4 individual examples of high draft pick players and 3 examples of low draft/undrafted players.
    I didnt really count Dilfer because he is hardly the reason Baltimore won the Superbowl. Why are you only using that example instead of out of 42 1st round qb's only 14 had success with their teams. Also, do you see a Manning,or Big Ben type guy coming out in this draft at qb? I sure the heck do not. In the last 20 year qb's drafted in the first round who become stars let alone are able to contribute is futile at best. Manning is incredible but I dont see another Manning in the bunch. Big Ben is a good qb but he has had great supoport to help him along the way. The only way drafting a qb with our first pick is if the qb has what Manning has. We sure do not have the talent to help a young qb succeed right now. We don't have as much talent as the Jets and look at Sanchez, he's struggling. My only point is if we draft a qb with our first pick and he is terrible be ready for seasons like this for the next 5 years. We can build this team with solid players at other positions and get a qb lower in the draft maybe second round like Drew Brees.
    Just Fix It

  8. #23
    macrammer's Avatar
    macrammer is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Northern Cal
    Age
    55
    Posts
    1,841
    Rep Power
    27

    Re: Maybe Rams should draft RB with their 1st pick.

    It's not selfish to the Owner and Front Office, who's job it is to bring people in to watch the Rams every week. The bottom line is that this is an entertainment industry, and taking away the team's only draw would spell instant destruction to the organization.

    Dear Showers, Instant destruction? We have won 5 games in two years. What exactly is instant destruction?

  9. #24
    BEER's Avatar
    BEER is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    ca
    Posts
    896
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Maybe Rams should draft RB with their 1st pick.

    Quote Originally Posted by shower beers View Post
    It's not selfish to the Owner and Front Office, who's job it is to bring people in to watch the Rams every week. The bottom line is that this is an entertainment industry, and taking away the team's only draw would spell instant destruction to the organization.
    Dude, yes it is. Bring fans in by winning! And we are not going to win with jackson alone in the next 3 years.

  10. #25
    RockinRam's Avatar
    RockinRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    4,038
    Rep Power
    43

    Re: Maybe Rams should draft RB with their 1st pick.

    Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    I didnt really count Dilfer because he is hardly the reason Baltimore won the Superbowl. Why are you only using that example instead of out of 42 1st round qb's only 14 had success with their teams. Also, do you see a Manning,or Big Ben type guy coming out in this draft at qb? I sure the heck do not. In the last 20 year qb's drafted in the first round who become stars let alone are able to contribute is futile at best. Manning is incredible but I dont see another Manning in the bunch. Big Ben is a good qb but he has had great supoport to help him along the way. The only way drafting a qb with our first pick is if the qb has what Manning has. We sure do not have the talent to help a young qb succeed right now. We don't have as much talent as the Jets and look at Sanchez, he's struggling. My only point is if we draft a qb with our first pick and he is terrible be ready for seasons like this for the next 5 years. We can build this team with solid players at other positions and get a qb lower in the draft maybe second round like Drew Brees.

    Is there a Drew Brees in the second round prospects?

  11. #26
    IronRam's Avatar
    IronRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Age
    31
    Posts
    31
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Maybe Rams should draft RB with their 1st pick.

    Quote Originally Posted by GSOT View Post
    Ingram is a sophomore.. If you want an RB draft Toby in the 2nd.
    I was at that game last night against Notre Dame and I don't think Gerhart will last very long running the ball like he does right now. It might work well in NCAA, but if he runs like that in the NFL his shelf life as a feature back is going to be mighty short in my opinion.
    Last edited by IronRam; -11-29-2009 at 07:21 PM.
    :ramlogo:

  12. #27
    SFCRamFan's Avatar
    SFCRamFan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Ft Walton Beach, Florida
    Age
    49
    Posts
    1,005
    Rep Power
    17

    Re: Maybe Rams should draft RB with their 1st pick.

    D Line or O Line in the first round only. There is nothing out there worth that much in the first rounds in other areas. Then again, it is kind of like what does this team not need?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

  13. #28
    makersncoke's Avatar
    makersncoke is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    mo
    Age
    46
    Posts
    658
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: Maybe Rams should draft RB with their 1st pick.

    Quote Originally Posted by SFCRamFan View Post
    D Line or O Line in the first round only. There is nothing out there worth that much in the first rounds in other areas. Then again, it is kind of like what does this team not need?
    Punter, maybe equipment manager.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  14. #29
    Fat Pang's Avatar
    Fat Pang is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    1,603
    Rep Power
    64

    Re: Maybe Rams should draft RB with their 1st pick.

    Personally, I think we should go with a punter/kicker combination with our 1st and 2nd picks.

    Donnie Jones only managed 37.8 avg today and frankly(Stams will come) that doesn't cut it in the not for long league.

    Its all about field position.

    Next week, I'll make a run for a new equipment manager with our 7th round pick.

  15. #30
    dgr828's Avatar
    dgr828 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    THE GOLDEN STATE
    Posts
    1,917
    Rep Power
    14

    Re: Maybe Rams should draft RB with their 1st pick.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fat Pang View Post
    Personally, I think we should go with a punter/kicker combination with our 1st and 2nd picks.

    Donnie Jones only managed 37.8 avg today and frankly(Stams will come) that doesn't cut it in the not for long league.

    Its all about field position.

    Next week, I'll make a run for a new equipment manager with our 7th round pick.
    'FAT PANG ~ TWO SHOWS NIGHTLY!!'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Postgame Chat w/ Gordo
    By ScottD413 in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -10-18-2009, 08:13 PM
  2. Chat w/ Jim Thomas - Feb 24th
    By Nick in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: -02-25-2009, 07:01 PM
  3. Gordo Live
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -04-28-2008, 08:33 AM
  4. Gordo Live, Monday, March 3rd
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -03-04-2008, 07:22 PM
  5. Jim Thomas Live, October 30
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -10-30-2007, 08:58 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •