Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mooselini is offline Registered User

Re: Maybe Rams should draft RB with their 1st pick.

The only reason why we get media coverage of any sort is because Steven Jackson. The only reason why people watch our games when another one is on, is because Steven Jackson.

Trading him away would be the worst idea ever. Besides Jackson, nothing is really exciting about Rams football if youre a casual fan.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by BEER View Post
    Who said you HAVE to draft a RB? And "if" the Rams did trade him it would im sure
    be a couple of picks. Maybe 1st and a 3 the following year.
    The title and primordial post seem to suggest, at least to me, that trading Jackson and 'drafting a RB with our first pick' what is to be discussed in this thread. Nobody has said you HAVE to, that was merely the direction the discussion was headed toward.

Personally I think it would be ludicrous to trade away your best player and only TV drawcard. The bottom line is that people tune in week in and week out to see Steven Jackson play in a way that no other current Rams player has proved themselves capable. To cut your profit margins for a what remains an ostensible gamble on a high draft pick, no matter who the player is, can only be seen as a boneheaded move worthy of the Shawgmunt hall of fame.

makersncoke is offline Registered User

While I would not be an advocate of trading Jackson for some draft picks, I do think somewhere in this years draft the Rams needs to look at another back that can take some of the load off Jackson.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

BEER is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bar-bq View Post
    The title and primordial post seem to suggest, at least to me, that trading Jackson and 'drafting a RB with our first pick' what is to be discussed in this thread. Nobody has said you HAVE to, that was merely the direction the discussion was headed toward.

Personally I think it would be ludicrous to trade away your best player and only TV drawcard. The bottom line is that people tune in week in and week out to see Steven Jackson play in a way that no other current Rams player has proved themselves capable. To cut your profit margins for a what remains an ostensible gamble on a high draft pick, no matter who the player is, can only be seen as a boneheaded move worthy of the Shawgmunt hall of fame.
    Dont let your love for the Rams get in the way of Logical thinking.

And its selfish to keep SJ for the sole purpose of tv ratings.

O, and I sould HAVE said "who says" instead of "who said". My bad.
    Last edited by BEER; -11-29-2009 at 11:27 AM.

shower beers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BEER View Post
    Dont let your love for the Rams get in the way of Logical thinking.

And its selfish to keep SJ for the sole purpose of tv ratings.

O, and I sould HAVE said "who says" instead of "who said". My bad.

It's not selfish to the Owner and Front Office, who's job it is to bring people in to watch the Rams every week. The bottom line is that this is an entertainment industry, and taking away the team's only draw would spell instant destruction to the organization.

shower beers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    Now lets look at the last 10 superbowl winning qb's and their respective draft position.

2008-Big Ben-drafted 2004 round 1 pick 11
    2007-Eli Manning-2004 round 1 pick 1
    2006-Peyton Manning-1998 round 1 pick 1
    2005-Big Ben
    2004-Tom Brady-2000 round 6 pick 199
    2003-Tom Brady
    2002-Brad Johnson-1992 round 9 pick 227
    2001-Tom Brady
    2000-Trent Dilfer-1994 round 1 pick 6
    1999-Kurt Warner-Un-drafted 1994

If it werent for Big Ben and the mannings this is filled with low draft picks. Just because a qb is touted high coming out of college doesnt mean anything. I dont see it to be neccessary to pick a qb with our first pick just because Colt Mccoy,Bradford,Tebow and Locker had good seasons. Locker in my opinion is the best of those four. We also dont need to trade away our best player thats just stupid. The reason we are bad now is because of our past draft failures. Hardly any of our draft picks from before the new regime are left on this team. I trust the front office and hopefully they dont do a knee jerk reaction and pick a qb with our first pick because that hardly ever results in success.

And if it weren't for Tom Brady, your list would only have two examples. If you want to use that list to draw a conclusion, then it's 50-50. Actually, there are 4 individual examples of high draft pick players and 3 examples of low draft/undrafted players.

rammiser is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by shower beers View Post
    And if it weren't for Tom Brady, your list would only have two examples. If you want to use that list to draw a conclusion, then it's 50-50. Actually, there are 4 individual examples of high draft pick players and 3 examples of low draft/undrafted players.
    I didnt really count Dilfer because he is hardly the reason Baltimore won the Superbowl. Why are you only using that example instead of out of 42 1st round qb's only 14 had success with their teams. Also, do you see a Manning,or Big Ben type guy coming out in this draft at qb? I sure the heck do not. In the last 20 year qb's drafted in the first round who become stars let alone are able to contribute is futile at best. Manning is incredible but I dont see another Manning in the bunch. Big Ben is a good qb but he has had great supoport to help him along the way. The only way drafting a qb with our first pick is if the qb has what Manning has. We sure do not have the talent to help a young qb succeed right now. We don't have as much talent as the Jets and look at Sanchez, he's struggling. My only point is if we draft a qb with our first pick and he is terrible be ready for seasons like this for the next 5 years. We can build this team with solid players at other positions and get a qb lower in the draft maybe second round like Drew Brees.
    Just Fix It

macrammer is offline Registered User

It's not selfish to the Owner and Front Office, who's job it is to bring people in to watch the Rams every week. The bottom line is that this is an entertainment industry, and taking away the team's only draw would spell instant destruction to the organization.

Dear Showers, Instant destruction? We have won 5 games in two years. What exactly is instant destruction?

BEER is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by shower beers View Post
    Dude, yes it is. Bring fans in by winning! And we are not going to win with jackson alone in the next 3 years.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    I didnt really count Dilfer because he is hardly the reason Baltimore won the Superbowl. Why are you only using that example instead of out of 42 1st round qb's only 14 had success with their teams. Also, do you see a Manning,or Big Ben type guy coming out in this draft at qb? I sure the heck do not. In the last 20 year qb's drafted in the first round who become stars let alone are able to contribute is futile at best. Manning is incredible but I dont see another Manning in the bunch. Big Ben is a good qb but he has had great supoport to help him along the way. The only way drafting a qb with our first pick is if the qb has what Manning has. We sure do not have the talent to help a young qb succeed right now. We don't have as much talent as the Jets and look at Sanchez, he's struggling. My only point is if we draft a qb with our first pick and he is terrible be ready for seasons like this for the next 5 years. We can build this team with solid players at other positions and get a qb lower in the draft maybe second round like Drew Brees.

Is there a Drew Brees in the second round prospects?

IronRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by GSOT View Post
    Ingram is a sophomore.. If you want an RB draft Toby in the 2nd.
    I was at that game last night against Notre Dame and I don't think Gerhart will last very long running the ball like he does right now. It might work well in NCAA, but if he runs like that in the NFL his shelf life as a feature back is going to be mighty short in my opinion.
    Last edited by IronRam; -11-29-2009 at 07:21 PM.
    :ramlogo:

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

D Line or O Line in the first round only. There is nothing out there worth that much in the first rounds in other areas. Then again, it is kind of like what does this team not need?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

makersncoke is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by SFCRamFan View Post
    D Line or O Line in the first round only. There is nothing out there worth that much in the first rounds in other areas. Then again, it is kind of like what does this team not need?
    Punter, maybe equipment manager.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Personally, I think we should go with a punter/kicker combination with our 1st and 2nd picks.

Donnie Jones only managed 37.8 avg today and frankly(Stams will come) that doesn't cut it in the not for long league.

Its all about field position.

Next week, I'll make a run for a new equipment manager with our 7th round pick.

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Pang View Post
    Personally, I think we should go with a punter/kicker combination with our 1st and 2nd picks.

Donnie Jones only managed 37.8 avg today and frankly(Stams will come) that doesn't cut it in the not for long league.

Its all about field position.

Next week, I'll make a run for a new equipment manager with our 7th round pick.
    'FAT PANG ~ TWO SHOWS NIGHTLY!!'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast