Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Maybe We Need To Lose To The Whiners...

Ramdog is offline Registered User

Maybe We Need To Lose To The Whiners...

I like to look at all things from every angle. And as i sat here thinking i came to the conclusion that losing to the whiners might be exactly what we need. Lets break this down.

1. Maybe losing the home field advantage isnt such a bad thing. We are 6-0 on the road. I know that having to play in Chicago or green bay, in the cold is bad, but is it?

2. When we lose to the Bucs or the Saints we can pawn it off on those two teams just knowing how to beat us. Every team in the NFL has a couple teams that they have trouble with. We lose to the saints and it's ah well they have our number. But losing to the whiners on the other hand might just be the wake up call we need. It might deflate the ego that the MEDIA has created for us, and it might get those passionate juices flowing again.

3. The niners beating the Rams could inflate the already inflated whiner ego. This could be good. For teams in the NFL playing within your division is a war. Consisting of two, possibly more battles in one giant war for supremacy. We took the first battle in the war against the whiners, they may take the second, but we will win the third and decisive battle.

So maybe losing this battle against the whiners isn't such a bad thing. It may be just what we need to spark that fire that we all grew accustomed to the last two years. The fire hasn't died, it has only gone into hibernation and just needs to be relit. I keep scanning whiner sites hoping to find some trash talking quote from owens that might end up pinned up in the rams locker room. It Appears Mr. Big mouth is keeping his mouth shut so far. Maybe other teams are seeing what i'm seeing, a dorman monster waiting to be awoken. It took Japan bombing pearl harbour to awaken the united states, maybe a whiner will will awaken this sleeping giant. Who knows.

:angryram:

txramsfan is offline Registered User
    I don't want to lose to the Whiners even if it was a replacement game.

RAMble On is offline Registered User
    You make some good points Ramdog but I really think we need to win the division and home field advantage by beating the Whiners. We are 6-0 this year on the road but remember before the loss to the Aints, Warner was 16-0 at home. I like the idea of playing in the Lou for the playoffs.

A better scenario would be to beat the whiners and the division while losing to the Panthers or the Falcons. The Panthers or Falcons will never challenge for the division and a loss to one of them could provide the “wake up” call the offense needs. I am not convinced the Rams offense has been grounded enough after the two loses this year. I think one more loss due to high turnovers would wake them up. I would rather it not be against the Whiners. If we lose to them, they could win the rest of the year and take the division and homefield.

Back to reality though, we need to win from now to the Super Bowl. These guys are professionals and shouldn’t need another loss to get them to play better football.
    The Spartan General-King Leonidas shouted "Molon Labe" to the Persian King Xerxes, when Xerxes offered to spare the lives of Leonidas, and his people if they would lay down their arms. The phrase literally means, "Come and get them"... At the time, the Persian army outnumbered the Spartans 600,000 to 300, or 2,000-1.

I agree...

Ramble i agree, just throwing out some thoughts. I couldn't stand to lose to those punks anyways. Butg something needs to fire up this team.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Smile Hmmm...

Ramdog, a sincere "thanks" ...but no thanks!

I hear what you're saying, really. And yet, in my opinion, a good smacking of the frisconians this weekend would be just as good an incentive and spark for the Rams!

Ah!, that we could get a resounding victory against the ninies! With convincing authority this time! Offense, defense, both (if Special teams could contribute fine, but... I wonder). Your post is appreciated friend.
    Yes, GO RAMS!!! LET'S GO!!! :angryram:

Atlas is offline Registered User
    Bristol Tennessee, but I wish I were in Germany.
    No team has ever went 16-0 let along won the Superbowl too, so you only need to lose one game in a season. You've already done that twice. Too bad it was against Tampa Bay. You don't need to lose to San Fran too! Tampa is bad enough. No team has ever won the Superbowl after losing to Tampa Bay.....ever.:nerd:

Not to say your cursed now or anything. :confused:
    "I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle... victorious."

{Vince Lombardi}

A team broke the Ex Cubs factor this year and won the World Series, I think we can break this streak.

:shield:

RAMSFAN is offline Registered User
    Ramdog, that is an interesting angle and your points are well thought out. I especially like point #2 re; Saints/Bucs have our # excuse.

I tend to agree in theory with Ramble On. re; if we are going to lose, then it would be better to lose to a different team than the Niners. I think the Colts would be best...they are not in the division and it would be a wake up close to the playoffs.

Secondly, continuing the consistent wins against the Niners will lend to their second guessing their own ability to beat us. I certainly think we have a little of that against the Saints.

Finally, imagine how it would feel to actually root against the Rams and for the Niners! LOL :rolleyes:

Interesting post, though
    In preparing for battle I have always found that plans are useless, but planning is indispensable.
    Dwight D. Eisenhower

Originally posted by txramsfan
    A team broke the Ex Cubs factor this year and won the World Series, I think we can break this streak.

:shield:
    Good point!
    "I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle... victorious."

{Vince Lombardi}

By the way, if I am not mistaken, Steve Young won a Super Bowl and played with the Bucs. Love the stat though Atlas.

Originally posted by txramsfan
    By the way, if I am not mistaken, Steve Young won a Super Bowl and played with the Bucs. Love the stat though Atlas.
    No team has ever won the Superbowl after losing to the Buccaneers, but your saying that Steve Young once played for them and then moved on to San Fran, only to win the Superbowl? I never knew that! ...Or am I am I misinterpreting this post? Just want to clarify. :confused:

{Vince Lombardi}

RealRam is offline Registered User

Wink Victory is GOOD...

Ramdog, again, no disrespect for your point of view, believe me.

It's just that the concept (even in theory)... of loosing this coming game against the frisco guys being "good" --kind of makes me cringe. You know what I mean, right? Let's forge and achieve this W convincingly!

It's sound pride, not boastfulness. Or as Queen Victoria would bluntly say, "We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat." A modern world version is, "as soon as you start thinking about lossing, you've already lost."

Nothing wrong with trying to be positive about a defeat after being defeated, but not before. It would be so good to stuff Owens and the rest of the ninahs, and company of whinahs.

Seems you've got a great sense of preparation and vision for what may develop. It's always good to have the spare solution.
    But for now... GO RAMS!!! For old times sake. :angryram:
    Last edited by RealRam; -12-05-2001 at 07:39 PM.

Ok My new mindset concerning my post...

After once again thinking about things, i came to the conclusion that i wrote this post in some feeble attempt of preparing myself for what could very well be a whiner victory.

In a perfect world we will annihilate the whiners, but they are hungry, and we seem to be lacking the passion it takes to beat a hungry team. It reminds me of a hungry Buster Douglas coming into fight a relaxed and over confident Mike tyson. Tyson got his ass kicked because he didnt take it serious. I just hope the Rams know whats on the line here, everything.

Aries51 is offline Registered User
    Ramdog,I appreciate your post but NO NO NO we cant lose to the Whiners.If the Rams cant get up for this game then they are in serious trouble.If the Rams lose a well played hard fought battle I could probably live with that,but if we were to lose in the same fashion as we did against the Aints/Bucs I think it would be a disasterous blow to the morale of our team.I think our Rams want to prove they are the best and they have that chance Sunday.I have a hard time believing the Rams would let this one slip away.

:angryram: Go RAMS! STAY FOCUSED! WIN!:shield:
    Last edited by Aries51; -12-05-2001 at 05:03 PM.
    ST.LOUIS RAMS:THE MOST FRUSTRATING TEAM IN THE NFL!!!

Re: Victory is GOOD...

Originally posted by Jorge Valdivia

"as soon as you start thinking about lossing, you've already lost." GO RAMS!!! ...for old times sake. :angryram:
    Damn, man!...That was beautiful. It brought a tear to my eye...really.

{Vince Lombardi}

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast