Wolf is offline Registered User

Maybe we're meant this year, but maybe we're not.

I'm an optimistic guy, but I will settle with a 8-8 or a 7-9 from the Rams this year. Way better than a 3-13 obviously. When you look at it, the Rams are on the right track.

The thoughts of trading and making packages for guys like Chad Johnson and Lito Sheppard sound appealing...even to me. ...however, we're no quick fix. We have glares everywhere and to assume a trade for a well-known player with creditable stats would work for us, we're wrong.

I think out of all the teams in the top ten picks of the draft, we're set to establish ourselves as a young scary team in the next years.

I think the key is patience. Look at the Browns. A couple of good drafts and they're considered to be running deep playoff runs next year. The key? Great drafts. Wimbley, Winslow, Wright, McDonald, Edwards, etc.

I think no matter how this upcoming year goes, we should take it as a new coming of youth and in excitement in this franchise.

Here's to a good draft and being a Ram forever. :l

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: Maybe we're meant this year, but maybe we're not.

Brother, you are preaching to the choir. If the Rams go 7-9 this year I'll be estatic. That means our last two drafts (possibly the last three) are starting to really develop. Give me one more solid draft and I tell you, we will dominate the NFC West for years to come due to two things: Patience and Youth.

Dominating D is offline Registered User

DO NOT GET IT?

Why such the gloom for next season. This team has needs just like every team in the NFL. Can you say the Gaints needs this upcoming year are small? They have several holes just like the Rams.

I strongly feel that this team has way too much talent not to compete next year. The Rams just need some consistancy on the OL and DL. If we can get some of the player back and they can stay healthy plus maybe pick up a little more talent via the draft this team will be competitive.

The trend in the NFL in the last decade has teams who underperformed the previous year take a giant leap forward the following year ieeee RAMS superbowl run, Saints, Carolina, NY GIants, Baltimore, must I go on cause I can.....

Ahmedrams81 is offline Registered User

IMO we will be at leats 9-7 this year if we take chris long. We need a guy who can plug up the run on D. The only reason our offense sucked last year was injuries. If we can just stay healthy I say we have a great chance at winning the west. We have young talent in the DB area in Hill, bartell, and even jimmy carter(is he young?). OJ is a sick safety and should have made the pro bolw this year IMO. he lead the NFC in interceptions and is a solid tackler. I think we have a geat chance this year.

Fargo Ram Fan is offline Registered User

If you think there is a "new coming of youth and excitement in this franchise" you better be hoping for another DISMAL season to insure another DIFFERENCE MAKING DRAFT POSITION next year. Going 7-9, 8-8 etc will do NOTHING but mire this team in mediocrity down the road. If there is to be some sort of 'exciting' youth movement the Rams need to draft several more ELITE young players in coming years. There sure as he!! arent many on the roster today.
    "You people point your 'f'in' finger and say theres the bad guy....what that make you....good?" Tony Montana

Mooselini is offline Registered User

like you said, we wont be a top competetor for a bit. Patience is the key. we will hopefully become a good franchise again, but this year and next wont be it. im sorry. we'll improve, definately, go to the superbowl? well thats a little too far.

Dominating D is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Mooselini View Post
    like you said, we wont be a top competetor for a bit. Patience is the key. we will hopefully become a good franchise again, but this year and next wont be it. im sorry. we'll improve, definately, go to the superbowl? well thats a little too far.
    Sorry guys I refuse to buy your rebuild theory. No one would have expected the Giants to win last year yet they did. Most people would have espected the Colts to take a step down when James was let go but they went on to win. The reason IMHO that both these teams won championships is the improvement they had on both sides of the line. The Rams had some bad luck last year on the OL and are now developing some young talent on the DL and the OL.

Bulger, Holt, and Jackson have performed at a high level in their respected positions. They now have a OC how has a track record of fielding an offense in the top of the league......

Bulger is not a check down QB he performs at his best with WR who run timing routes. Oh by the way that is what Saunders coaches for the most part.

If the Rams talent on the line can stay healthy the Rams will be more than OK.

On the Defensive Line side the talent is still developing and last year the Rams did improve. With a little help from this years draft and some added experience and depth the Rams should continue to improve.

My only real concern is the secondary. OJ needs to be teamed up with some talent and the corners need to improve.

To say this team has no chance I have to disagree. The Rams division is not that strong and they should be very competitive this coming season.

Superbowl run maybe too optimistic but a playoff run why not.....

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Dominating D View Post
    Sorry guys I refuse to buy your rebuild theory. No one would have expected the Giants to win last year yet they did. Most people would have espected the Colts to take a step down when James was let go but they went on to win. The reason IMHO that both these teams won championships is the improvement they had on both sides of the line. The Rams had some bad luck last year on the OL and are now developing some young talent on the DL and the OL.

Bulger, Holt, and Jackson have performed at a high level in their respected positions. They now have a OC how has a track record of fielding an offense in the top of the league......

Bulger is not a check down QB he performs at his best with WR who run timing routes. Oh by the way that is what Saunders coaches for the most part.

If the Rams talent on the line can stay healthy the Rams will be more than OK.

On the Defensive Line side the talent is still developing and last year the Rams did improve. With a little help from this years draft and some added experience and depth the Rams should continue to improve.

My only real concern is the secondary. OJ needs to be teamed up with some talent and the corners need to improve.

To say this team has no chance I have to disagree. The Rams division is not that strong and they should be very competitive this coming season.

Superbowl run maybe too optimistic but a playoff run why not.....
    I see your point...but lets put what the Clan Ram members think, well some of them.

Drafting Dorsey doesnt address our DE situation. The Giants absolutely murdered the Patriots because of the pass rush. We all witnessed the team that was going to make history go down because Tom Brady was always on his back. Drafting Dorsey does not address our pass rush for sure. Carriker probably can't play DE because, well, he's quite big now. We found a talent at DT out of him, and Ryan. I think that's quite settled.

As for Jake Long, he addresses our help at OL, but that's not our immediate need. Jake Long will be a monster in the NFL at RT. But that only makes our offense good.

We need a DE our first pick, we address our PRIORITY NEED at DE. Chris Long or Vernon Gholston is our pick.

As for WR, a round 2 pick would be more than good. With Bulger staying on his feet, we could have an offense that people are scared of. But thats the thing, we NEED to stay healthy. Linehan and Co. have been improving skills and training. Hopefully we stay strong, healthy and capable of playing in the second half.

You are absolutely right about our secondary however. Even though we address our DE need, we do need to address the DB. With Brown on his way out the door, we are left with ONE promising DB. And thats Atogwe. Lets hope Tye Hill steps up and proves TX wrong. But also, Chavous may have come back, John Wade could step up, and Macklin can be some help now.

What I'm trying to say is, we do have several needs, we may not be able to answer all of them. But every team DOES have a weak spot. As of now (if a DE is drafted first round, which I REALLY HOPE SO) our weak spot may end up being our secondary. It will not be the best, but if our DL is good, we may have enough pressure to make them look better than last year. They were cones and everytime the ball was in the air, we could only hold our breath and hope a player in blue and gold got there first. :\

LinkBacks (?)

1. -04-05-2008, 01:56 PM
  2. -04-05-2008, 01:56 PM
  3. -04-05-2008, 01:56 PM
  4. -04-05-2008, 01:56 PM