Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Richbert88 is offline Registered User

McClain/Amendola

I don't get it on that unnecessary rougheness penalty. Egregious is what comes to mind. My immediate thought was to the health and safety of Amendola and then I was stunned that McClain didn't get ejected. I understand tough guys play in a tough game. But comon'. Body slamming a receiver over your back, and push slamming him into the turf. Why not ripe his helmet off and step on his head.

I think the league will be lightening McClains wallet considerably. But not to compensate for something that could have easily serious and unnecessarily injured a player.

Further, the display afterward warranted an unsportsmanlike penalty to boot. You can't do a Dirty Bird dance after a TD, but you can celebrate with several teammates on down the field, dancing and throwing up the arms to incite.

Good on Amendola for coming right back and make an over the middle catch.

But geez.

Semper Fi!

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Re: McClain/Amendola

I'm a bit worried about Amendola swinging his body around situations like that, it's eventually going to turn into a long term injury if he keeps taking beatings at that magnitude.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I don't know what to make of this, really. On one hand, if you're going to call personal fouls on Dahl, Atogwe, and Robbins, then this absolutely has to be a penalty. But on the other hand, a part of me kind of wants to see the refs keep their flags in their pockets and let these guys play some football, y'know? I'd bet more than a few Rams fans would have been pretty pumped up had James Laurinaitis made that play against the Raiders late in the game.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

jmk321 is offline Registered User

It was a good german suplex. Kurt Angle would've been proud.

Richbert88 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I don't know what to make of this, really. On one hand, if you're going to call personal fouls on Dahl, Atogwe, and Robbins, then this absolutely has to be a penalty. But on the other hand, a part of me kind of wants to see the refs keep their flags in their pockets and let these guys play some football, y'know? I'd bet more than a few Rams fans would have been pretty pumped up had James Laurinaitis made that play against the Raiders late in the game.
    Sadly you are probably correct. After the display on Amendola, I have to admit I'd have liked to have seen that.

What happened was cheap. Deep down, had a Ram done that or some other cheap action, and by that I mean completely unnecessary, I'd start losing respect for the player. <and wouldn't that hurt him> Especially if someone got hurt.
    Semper Fi!

rammiser is offline Registered User

All I know is the streets of Oakland are a lot safer when they have a home game thats for sure.

His display was b.s. but he was obviousley trying to spark their defense and it seemed to work unfortunately for us.
    Just Fix It

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Thumbs down Re: McClain/Amendola

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    All I know is the streets of Oakland are a lot safer when they have a home game thats for sure.

His display was b.s. but he was obviousley trying to spark their defense and it seemed to work unfortunately for us.
    Huh? didn't The Rams score right after that? One of the few encouraging moments in the second half,actually,imo.

Anyway, I thought the showboating was more upsetting than the hit. Another talented player with a punk mentality like Aaron Curry.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Easily one of the dirtiest plays I've EVER seen in an NFL game. One wrong movement on McClain's part and he could have slammed Amendola on his head and KILLED him ...

It would not surprise me to see him suspended for that "hit" ....

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Ridiculous. You sometimes wonder what the refs are watching. They call nothing there, but DO call a late hit on Fred Robbins at the most critical juncture of the game which was ticky tack, at best. Some consistency, please?

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

I love hard hitting football, my favorite this about this game is watching a linebacker just lay the wood on somebody, but even I have to say that was a pretty dirty play by McClain.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    Ridiculous. You sometimes wonder what the refs are watching. They call nothing there, but DO call a late hit on Fred Robbins at the most critical juncture of the game which was ticky tack, at best. Some consistency, please?
    They did call something there. McClain was penalized 15 yards for a personal foul on that play, moving the ball from the Raiders' 48 yard line to their 33 yard line.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

mikhal5569 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    Easily one of the dirtiest plays I've EVER seen in an NFL game. One wrong movement on McClain's part and he could have slammed Amendola on his head and KILLED him ...

It would not surprise me to see him suspended for that "hit" ....
    Agreed. I truly don't believe a fine would suffice, he seriously needs to be suspended a game or two as well.

Quote Originally Posted by 01d 0rd3r View Post
    I love hard hitting football, my favorite this about this game is watching a linebacker just lay the wood on somebody, but even I have to say that was a pretty dirty play by McClain.
    I agree. Hard-hitting football is great to see. We do have some agressive hard hitters on this team for a change ...

But there is a difference between hard-hitting and trying to malicously murder someone. This individual picked the player up and slammed them to the ground. I've never seen a player do that to someone in the 20 plus years I've watched this game, at least not like that. I've seen it happen while going through the motions of the routine, but he stopped, thought it through, and then completed the action ....

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

There is no place for it in football. He made the tackle prior to his suplex move. He should have been tossed from the game. He should be tossed for several games. The league needs to make an example now on this.

They protect their quarterbacks from hangnails (that call on OJ was chicken-s), but this disgusting display that served no legitimate football purpose is nothing more than a 15 yard penalty.

Bodyslamming a WR after the tackle is the equivalent of lightly pushing a QB as he tuns out of bounds?

Ridiculous.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    There is no place for it in football. He made the tackle prior to his suplex move. He should have been tossed from the game. He should be tossed for several games. The league needs to make an example now on this.

They protect their quarterbacks from hangnails (that call on OJ was chicken-s), but this disgusting display that served no legitimate football purpose is nothing more than a 15 yard penalty.

Bodyslamming a WR after the tackle is the equivalent of lightly pushing a QB as he tuns out of bounds?

Ridiculous.
    The call on Atogwe was one of the worst I've ever seen. I just to tip the pass and wasn't even looking at the QB and in the act of coming down from his leap, his forearm made contact with him ....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast