Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Richbert88 is offline Registered User

Re: McClain/Amendola

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Yet none of those things actually happened, so I'm still of the mindset that saying McClain tried to destroy or murder Amendola is over the top.
    I don't think he tried too either. That actually wouldn't be the thrust of my whole point about what he did.

A better way of saying what I object to is McClain lack of due caution. He didn't have to body slam Amendola. He chose too, including driving him down. It truly was an athletic thing, but it was careless and not necessary. The fact that Amendola pops up and makes a catch next play is irrelevent. We shouldn't have to see a guy in a wheel chair to recognize the danger in such a move. Personally, I think he and Amendola got lucky.

And yes, Amendola is apperantly one tough piece of iron. IMO, tough enough to warrant purchase of an Amendola jersey.

Semper Fi!

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I don't know what to make of this, really. On one hand, if you're going to call personal fouls on Dahl, Atogwe, and Robbins, then this absolutely has to be a penalty. But on the other hand, a part of me kind of wants to see the refs keep their flags in their pockets and let these guys play some football, y'know? I'd bet more than a few Rams fans would have been pretty pumped up had James Laurinaitis made that play against the Raiders late in the game.
    J.A. Adande called it a "fair" play today on "Around the horn" and got points for his arguement(he won the show today by the way)
    But on a serious note I agree w/ Mr. Adande, guys this is tackle football not powderpuff, so if you don't wanna be slammed you do something about it (big ups to Danny for taking the hit & coming up w/ a big catch right after tha by the way).
    I am more disappointed w/ the rest of the team who should have went "Ape" after that and someone should have handed McClain a major league butt kicking....this play is indicative of our team as a whole; we are WAY TO SOFT!!!
    Some of the guys on here have been making the case that the team needs to rethink the whole "4-pillars" thing and bring in some thugs to get us a Ravens, Jets, Pittsburgh swag (I'm not ready to go that far yet), but we do need to get tougher as a whole and that starts from the head down, I thought that Spags would bring this hard nosed mentality over from N.Y. but that has failed to happen thus far. I can't wonder if it'll ever happen.

Raiderdude is offline Registered User

As a Raider fan, I went through the roof when Rolando made that hit. It was very stupid and at a critical time of the game. However I don`t think it was as malicious as some think. The local press has been questioning Rolando`s "toughness" as a LB and maybe he felt he needed to show something extra. He`s a rookie and will be prone to making errors in judgment..........I`m betting he got a verbal arse whooping by Cable after the game. I`m glad no one got hurt.

And yes, I`ll admit that if it happened to one of our WR`s, I`d be screaming too...............but just as many of you would be high fiving eachother...lol

UK Ramfan 83 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ManofGod View Post
    J.A. Adande called it a "fair" play today on "Around the horn" and got points for his arguement(he won the show today by the way)
    But on a serious note I agree w/ Mr. Adande, guys this is tackle football not powderpuff, so if you don't wanna be slammed you do something about it (big ups to Danny for taking the hit & coming up w/ a big catch right after tha by the way).
    I am more disappointed w/ the rest of the team who should have went "Ape" after that and someone should have handed McClain a major league butt kicking....this play is indicative of our team as a whole; we are WAY TO SOFT!!!
    Some of the guys on here have been making the case that the team needs to rethink the whole "4-pillars" thing and bring in some thugs to get us a Ravens, Jets, Pittsburgh swag (I'm not ready to go that far yet), but we do need to get tougher as a whole and that starts from the head down, I thought that Spags would bring this hard nosed mentality over from N.Y. but that has failed to happen thus far. I can't wonder if it'll ever happen.

Absolutely. I was WELL disappointed that someone from the Rams didn't jack him up as he walked away from Amendola. Where's Kyle Turley when you need him...!!

I played the game for 5 years as a WR in the UK league (Pro/Am), at 6'4" and 235lbs I LOVED running plays that swept left or right. I would cut inside from the X or Y at full speed and NAIL any linebacker (blindside crack-back) who was side stepping with his eyes on our HB and not on where he was running..... BOOM! HEAD SHOT!

I always defended other players when the D# 'thought' they'd made a show of it. There's nothing spectacular, brave or particularly tough when as a 245lb+ backer, you think you're a hard man by man-handling a 170lb receiver like a rag doll and then celebrating like you're some kind of wise-guy, what a joke. I'd like to have seen him try that on Steven Jackson, then maybe I'd have given him some kudos..

But it was man versus child......... And our guys should have made more of a rally than they did. (Within the rules of course)

Go RAMS!
    Go AMENDOLA!
    Go BRADFORD!
    Last edited by UK Ramfan 83; -09-21-2010 at 03:10 PM.

chancelandusa is offline Registered User

I have to agree with UKRF83 as much as I hate the ****** you always see their linemen downfield protecting their RB WR thats one thing I woul'nt mind taking from them.
    On McClains body slam I dont see any other reason but to put the hurt on someone by body slamming them imo what really ticked me off was his action emmediatly after the penalty (raising his arms & motion the fans to celebrate) Flat out disregard too the RAMS officials & the rules clearly shows he has no respect for any of them

LIGHT HIM UP not sure about suspencion definatly a fine imo

LETS GO RAMS!!! looking better need to fine tune in a few areas

UK Ramfan 83 is offline Registered User

Has this dude been fined yet? And I mean for the celebration of 'getting a penalty' by saluting the crowd.

How disrespectful to the game..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123