majorram is offline Registered User

McCollum, a question

I'm just wondering what took so long to get McCollum into the line-up I mean surly he was better than Terrall and Brown. he started 16 games at guard in 03, Why the hell did it take so long?????? I wonder

steve:l

"The breakfast Club"

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: McCollum, a question

Sounds like the doghouse to me. As in Scott Linehan's.

prof22693 is offline Registered User

Yeah, I would defintiely take McCollum over Brown or Terrell any day.

By the way, what's the word on Timmerman?

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by prof22693 View Post
    Yeah, I would defintiely take McCollum over Brown or Terrell any day.

By the way, what's the word on Timmerman?
    Adam Timmerman has not been contacted by the Rams as of Tuesday evening. The old timers seem to be in Linehan's doghouse, which would include McCollum.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Kane is offline Registered User

"Doghouse" is one answer "Mind numbing stupidity" is another. Either is credible, but I'm tempted by both just to play safe.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Kane View Post
    "Doghouse" is one answer "Mind numbing stupidity" is another. Either is credible, but I'm tempted by both just to play safe.
    You're getting pretty worked up over something that is pure speculation.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Kane View Post
    I agree with you on that, I am trying to give this weenie the benefit of the doubt but Timmerman and McCollum in the doghouse ? I know Timmerman is gone(bonehead move) but these guys are throwbacks and they may be up there in age but they will give 100 % everytime on the field, this is the type of player you want Linehan.

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

I can tell you that doghouse was the case for Timmerman. He was treated like crap starting with the last three games of last season until he was cut. He was given no opportunity to re-work the contract - Linehan wanted him gone. The fact that the Rams have not contacted Adam is a confirmation of this.

Not only have people been asking the Timmermans why the Rams haven't contacted Adam's agent, but even the Timmerman's are a little surprised. I (this is my speculation) think that despite the rub with Linehan that the Rams are in need of an experienced lineman and that would supercede Linehan's feelings.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaRam View Post
    I can tell you that doghouse was the case for Timmerman. He was treated like crap starting with the last three games of last season until he was cut. He was given no opportunity to re-work the contract - Linehan wanted him gone. The fact that the Rams have not contacted Adam is a confirmation of this.

Not only have people been asking the Timmermans why the Rams haven't contacted Adam's agent, but even the Timmerman's are a little surprised. I (this is my speculation) think that despite the rub with Linehan that the Rams are in need of an experienced lineman and that would supercede Linehan's feelings.
    this is what I don't understand, we could have had Timmerman and McCollum in there as veterans to try and get some offense going,but our head coach choose not to have them in that capacity and guys still want to use injuries as an excuse, well there are options out there but the head coach CHOOSES not to use them.

ramsbruce is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jkramsfan View Post
    this is what I don't understand, we could have had Timmerman and McCollum in there as veterans to try and get some offense going,but our head coach choose not to have them in that capacity and guys still want to use injuries as an excuse, well there are options out there but the head coach CHOOSES not to use them.
    The injuries aren't an excuse, they are numerous and a sad reality unfortunately. Apparently 31 other teams have chosen to not pick up Timmerman either.
    BRUUUUUUUUUUUCE

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce View Post
    The injuries aren't an excuse, they are numerous and a sad reality unfortunately. Apparently 31 other teams have chosen to not pick up Timmerman either.
    your right that the injuries are a reality, you deal with it and do the best you can and field the best team you can,every team has them some more some less,as far as Timmerman he could step right in and help,but I guess we are doing so much better without him,I know I'm trilled watching the Rams average 9 points a game.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

So why is C. Terrell being benched for McCollum? Was he playing badly or what? I must admit I haven't paid much attention to his work on the field, but I haven't heard any negative reports from anyone about his level of play either. Any thoughts?

WHAT SAY YE?

ramsbruce is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jkramsfan View Post
    your right that the injuries are a reality, you deal with it and do the best you can and field the best team you can,every team has them some more some less,as far as Timmerman he could step right in and help,but I guess we are doing so much better without him,I know I'm trilled watching the Rams average 9 points a game.
    How do we know what kind of shape Adam is in? The fact that no other team wants him says something. As for Adam coming back, that bridge is already burned. With all of our injuries, Timmerman being here or not being here wasn't going to make much of a difference, if any difference at all imo.
    BRUUUUUUUUUUUCE

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce View Post
    How do we know what kind of shape Adam is in? The fact that no other team wants him says something. As for Adam coming back, that bridge is already burned. With all of our injuries, Timmerman being here or not being here wasn't going to make much of a difference, if any difference at all imo.
    chances are your right, being a big Timmerman fan I don't think he should have left in the first place,but thats been discussed and beat to death, we just need to do something to score some points and as alot of guys have correctly mentioned it starts up front.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMarkable View Post
    So why is C. Terrell being benched for McCollum? Was he playing badly or what?
    Nope, he's just in there to fill in when we lose the next guy tomorrow.

They're dropping like flies coach, get Timmerman back!