Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: McD free to find new team

sashadpb is offline Registered User

McD free to find new team

SI.com's Peter King reports the Rams have informed OC Josh McDaniels that he's free to sign with another team.

Source:
    Peter King on Twitter
    Is that meaning McD out, Fisher in???

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Re: McD free to find new team

Maybe it means he has the "option" to go ahead and search for a better place for him to be. If he can't find one, he's welcome to stay in St. Louis.

KCRamFan is offline Registered User

With the Rams interviewing Horton today and now this news, it appears that might be the case. I wonder if they have a verbal agreement with Fisher and just have to tie up all the loose ends?

richtree is offline Registered User

SI.com's Peter King reports the Rams have informed OC Josh McDaniels that he's free to sign with another team.

The Patriots and Chiefs have already requested permission to interview McDaniels, according to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. The Patriots have reportedly been preparing for OC Bill O'Brien's departure since his name first started surfacing in Penn State rumors weeks ago. McDaniels would be a logical successor, perhaps bringing free agent Brandon Lloyd along as a deep threat.

richtree is offline Registered User

^^^ That was per Rotoworld via twitter...

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

I think the writing is on the wall for McDaniels. If the Rams really wanted him to be a part of their future plans, they would wait before giving another team a chance to nab him. A clean sweep is the only way to go, especially if you're looking to bring in an established, experienced NFL Head Coach.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I don't like this for 2 reasons.

#1- we lose Lloyd

#2- If McD signs with the Pats they get Lloyd!!!!!
    Dwight Frye likes this.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    I don't like this for 2 reasons.

#1- we lose Lloyd

#2- If McD signs with the Pats they get Lloyd!!!!!
    Wow.....no wonder they went one way and we went the other after our Superbowl lost to them.

The more time goes on, I get more and more disgusted with Rams' decisions.

Seems to me, following the Patriots model is a far better plan in this era, than a Tennessee Titan one.

The way I see it is, one team is the team of the decade, and the other just an also ran.

Now we're prepared to let go of the strongest tie we have to a winning model in this era, for one that hasn't ever won anything.

Just my two cents.
    Last edited by Fortuninerhater; -01-06-2012 at 02:54 PM.

Rambos is offline Registered User

This to me is a big sign we got Fisher... Fisher did not want McD... he's more a ball control coach. This again is a good sign we got our man.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    This to me is a big sign we got Fisher... Fisher did not want McD... he's more a ball control coach. This again is a good sign we got our man.
    I hope you're right. I think it's more of Kroenke not wanting to pay this guy for another year after seeing our offense play so bad. Ronald Mcdonald could have done a better job than McDaniels.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    Wow.....no wonder they went one way and we went the other after our Superbowl lost to them.

The more time goes on, I get more and more disgusted with Rams' decisions.

Seems to me, following the Patriots model is a far better plan in this era, than a Tennessee Titan one.

The way I see it is, one team is the team of the decade, and the other just an also ran.

Now we're prepared to let go of the strongest tie we have to a winning model in this era, for one that hasn't ever won anything.

Just my two cents.
    The Pats follow a ball control offense as well. It's basically a mixture of Walsh's WCO and the spread model. You've seen the Pats being one and done with their failures to win a playoff game since 2007 with a susceptible defense. I'm hoping Fisher hires an OC that's balanced, and I think running a ball control offense will help a lot in tiring out defenses. Just remember, this isn't Shurmur's brand of WCO where it'll bore you to death. Fisher's willing to take shots downfield.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by fliptalianstallion View Post
    The Pats follow a ball control offense as well. It's basically a mixture of Walsh's WCO and the spread model. You've seen the Pats being one and done with their failures to win a playoff game since 2007 with a susceptible defense. I'm hoping Fisher hires an OC that's balanced, and I think running a ball control offense will help a lot in tiring out defenses. Just remember, this isn't Shurmur's brand of WCO where it'll bore you to death. Fisher's willing to take shots downfield.
    Thanks Flip, I needed that. I certainly hope you're right because all I could see all day was Steven Jackson in a cloud of dust, over and over and over. And if that wasn't working, 85 five yard passes to Amendola.

I'm not one who just wants to win, I want to see Bradford passing for 300 yards every week and Jackson playing less and less of a roll, not more and more.
    Last edited by Fortuninerhater; -01-06-2012 at 10:00 PM.

J-RodRamFan is offline Registered User

If we lose McDaniels and Lloyd goes with him we definitely know who we're picking up first round.

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by fliptalianstallion View Post
    This is one of the a couple of reasons why Id much prefer to go into the offseason without McDaniels. Even if Bradford has to learn a new system, it will be worth it to see him in an offense which will help him. I honestly think another season in that system, and Bradford would have been injured again.? So, the last thing I wanted to hear next season, is people telling us all "I told you so" about Bradford being too injury prone, for the NFL.?
    Last edited by GROUND DOG 39; -01-07-2012 at 02:41 PM.

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post

The Patriots and Chiefs have already requested permission to interview McDaniels, according to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. The Patriots have reportedly been preparing for OC Bill O'Brien's departure since his name first started surfacing in Penn State rumors weeks ago. McDaniels would be a logical successor, perhaps bringing free agent Brandon Lloyd along as a deep threat.
    "Deep Threat"....LOL, thanks for that laugh, I needed it. This guy is far from a burner.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast