GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

McDaniels and our run game.?

The Rams have done a decent job on paper in helping Bradford and giving Josh McDaniels more weapons in the pass game. The teams rush offense has been afforded no such help yet.? Could this ignorance end up affecting the passing game IF it isnt addressed. The Rams will struggle to fill all their needs in one offseason, so some areas could be the same players as last year. YIKES
    It does worry me that the team will not be able to secure the right help on the O line because of the feeding frenzy likely to happen, fingers crossed.????????
    IF the Rams stayed with the line from last season, I fear the rushing game will be just as bad again this season with Josh McDaniels or could our new OC improve on Shurmurs awful rushing attack.?

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Re: McDaniels and our run game.?

Don't worry, the run game will improve. Jackson's already a complete RB that he'll be capable of handling any system he's thrown to and let's not forget that our passing game will be improved significantly so expect better YPC from him. My only issue are the guards we currently have, I hope we can find one who can give Jackson the push consistently. Just seeing them go backwards while Jackson has to fight his way through the line of scrimmage was pretty disgusting.

MB10HOF is offline Registered User

I really wish we would limit McDaniels to calling the plays and bring back Marc for our designated QB coach. McDaniels easily could get too carried away with having too many duties dealing with the passing game. Just have him call the plays, and focus on keeping SJ392K involved.

AtlantaRamFan is offline Registered User

I'm quite confident that the Rams will add a solid backup RB this off season. Remember, part of the reason the rushing game was so bad last year was that teams could stack the box against the Rams and plan man-on-man with the WR's and STILL keep them blanketed. Improving the passing game has already improved the running game. Adding a guard will be great, but I think we're underestimating the fact that the defenses last year could pretty much guess "run" every play without much fear of getting burned.

Quote Originally Posted by MB10HOF View Post
    I really wish we would limit McDaniels to calling the plays and bring back Marc for our designated QB coach. McDaniels easily could get too carried away with having too many duties dealing with the passing game. Just have him call the plays, and focus on keeping SJ392K involved.
    Ben McDaniels has been coaching Bradford for letting him and the guys understand the new system. Assuming he's going to be our QB coach, we were really smart not to hire him with the lockout being inevitable so that Bradford can absorb as much info as possible (which seems to be in our favor).

thickandthin is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by fliptalianstallion View Post
    Ben McDaniels has been coaching Bradford for letting him and the guys understand the new system. Assuming he's going to be our QB coach, we were really smart not to hire him with the lockout being inevitable so that Bradford can absorb as much info as possible (which seems to be in our favor).
    Is there a link with a source for this, or is it just a guess?

Quote Originally Posted by thickandthin View Post
    Is there a link with a source for this, or is it just a guess?
    It's been a rumor going on, sorry for the overexaggeration but it would be common sense to not hire him only to teach Bradford then hire him as QB coach once the lockout is lifted. McD has some shades of Belichick in terms of exploiting loopholes if he's really planning that.

Alec22 is offline Registered User

No link but its been said many times that Ben has been working with bradford over the offseason

thickandthin is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by fliptalianstallion View Post
    It's been a rumor going on, sorry for the overexaggeration but it would be common sense to not hire him only to teach Bradford then hire him as QB coach once the lockout is lifted. McD has some shades of Belichick in terms of exploiting loopholes if he's really planning that.
    Oh okay I've gotcha.