Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

McDonald, Fisher

McDonald played horrible today, he continues his fumbling woes on an easy 5 yard catch and go down play. Does/is anyone else getting sick of seeing him do this? I know its the first time this season but in a critical time where your offense needs a first down PROTECT THE BALL, on top of that the Cornerback Ware didn't even attempt to poke it out really, barely touched it.

And, Fisher (Travis) needs to be dropped to second team and we need to let Hill start. Fisher got beat consistently today and didn't tackle worth a **** again which Lead to a big gain for Bryant Johnson and a touchdown. I am really looking forward to the day where our Starting CBs are Brown and Hill.

My negative rant on them!

RamsFan16

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: McDonald, Fisher

Shouldn't there be a rule that we get like, I don't know, at least two hours to enjoy a win (even an "ugly" win) before the "this guy sucks" threads begin?

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Fisher was definitely out matched today, and his lack of tackling was painful to watch.

Who ever plays the best in practice usually wins the start the next week on most teams.
    If I were Fisher, I would hit the tackling dummy after practice this week.

I have a feeling that Hill will be starting at some point this season. If Fisher keeps playing like he did today, it might be sooner.

Hill is really starting to look like he's ready. I like his toughness.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

we dont need 2 hours because Fisher sucked long before this game and he is proving that he should have been traded or cut in the preseason as i stated back then.he has never been a good tackler,and he always has his back to the ball,he has no feel for when to look back for the ball,bottom line he should be on the bench at best.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Some people need to learn when to enjoy a win.

Quote Originally Posted by jkramsfan View Post
    he has never been a good tackler
    I really disagree. Based on the last few seasons, I've always liked Fisher in run support and tackling much more than Butler, who I feel tends to shy away and hesitate instead of fill holes and step forward for contact. Not sure what's going on with Travis thus far, but based on what I've seen the last couple of seasons, to say he's never been a good tackler is pretty inaccurate IMO.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Shouldn't there be a rule that we get like, I don't know, at least two hours to enjoy a win (even an "ugly" win) before the "this guy sucks" threads begin?
    Should be a law...sheeesh :x

Fisher was outmatched, but then again, Arizona does have 2 VERY talented WRs.

No excuses, but ehh, I give him a break when we get a win...an ugly win, but a win is a win in my book.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I definately enjoy this win. We beat a Team with a very potential high powered offense and held them to 14 points. I was just pointing out the negatives.
    RamsFan16

MATEOBURRITO is offline Registered User

I agree 100%. I don't think Fisher ever was, nor ever will be a legitimate starting CB in the NFL. He might be useful in nickel packages when you want a fast guy scurrying around trying to make plays happen. Aside from that, though, he has no man coverage skills and even has trouble tackling guys. Demote his sorry a-- to 2nd string and promote Jeremetrius Butler.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16 View Post
    I definately enjoy this win. We beat a Team with a very potential high powered offense and held them to 14 points. I was just pointing out the negatives.
    You always point out the negatives man!!

Let someone else do it for once, your hogging up all the bad man, sheeesh!

Lol, next time just wait atleast till the next day to start saying who's to blame for this week. There's never enough articles to chat about, so may as well have good discussions like this mid-week

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

RF16, not to sound condescending, but did we win or lose?

Yes, McDonald has made some dumb moves (even my 6 y/o remembers last year's Rams/Hawks game when he fumbled in the 4th quarter), but hasn't he done some good too?

Do you think Linehan would keep him if we had anyone available who was better?

I won't comment on Fisher tonight, because I need to review the game first before I pass judgement.

Chill. Enjoy the win.

***** about it tomorrow.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post

I really disagree. Based on the last few seasons, I've always liked Fisher in run support and tackling much more than Butler, who I feel tends to shy away and hesitate instead of fill holes and step forward for contact. Not sure what's going on with Travis thus far, but based on what I've seen the last couple of seasons, to say he's never been a good tackler is pretty inaccurate IMO.
    nick,with all due respect and i mean that,you need to go back and look at some rams video from the past couple of seasons, fisher is NOT a good tackler and never has been.

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16 View Post
    Then sit back and enjoy it. We have a whole week to talk about things that need fixing. We went into a tough road environment and pulled out a win. How about we celebrate that for a couple hours?

Quote Originally Posted by jkramsfan View Post
    nick,with all due respect and i mean that,you need to go back and look at some rams video from the past couple of seasons, fisher is NOT a good tackler and never has been.
    I thought my response made it pretty clear that my assessment was already based on what I saw from previous Rams contests. If you saw something differently, then we can agree to disagree. I just recall from watching previous games that Fisher has been the more physical of the two, and I know I didn't just draw that conclusion out of thin air.

adarian_too is offline Registered User

They're examples of little gnats that would be punk'd in a flag football game.

McDon'tald showed again why he shouldn't be returning punts when he didn't run up to fair catch the punt at the 17 and then decided to grab it while it bounced over his head at the 10. He's as wimp-wristed as they come.

And Fishnet? Another flea that makes up for the fact that he can't cover with the inability to tackle.

Drew4EverRams is offline Registered User

the coaching staff obviously havent seen enough in training to pick butler over fisher yet and personally id prefer to play bartell instead of fisher and butler i really dont understand why bartell isn`t being more involved.....mcdonald has his flaws and his strengths i dont think any other team in the nfl has a better 4th choice WR,im not too keen on him returning kicks and am sure the coaching staff will work out another option before too long!

at the end of the day we are the first team to EVER beat the cards in their new backyard and that gotta be worth a large bourbon or two!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Drew4EverRams View Post
    i really dont understand why bartell isn`t being more involved
    He's a back up safety now, so it's probably kind of hard to work him onto the field.

As for Butler, this is the third week he's been inactive. I have to assume the coaching staff has a reason for that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast