Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Re: McDonald, Fisher

My input to this thread needs a quote that I responded to from another thread from AvengerRam. It read:

Call me crazy, but the player who needs a bigger role in the Linehan offense is...

Shaun McDonald.

Shaun McDonald, you ask... Yes, that's who I said.

Linehan's passing offense relies heavily on quick (2-3 step drop) passes where the WR is expected to gain yards with quick moves after the catch. These include quick slants and WR screens. In the old GSOT days, Martz ran some plays of this type, with great success, to Az Hakim.
    I'll repeat my feelings again on the subject of Mcdonald. He's is all too like Az, he's a fumbler. He proved it again today at another critcal time. Get the ball to Curtis and the TE's. ...please. Oh, and I agree with the assessment on Fisher. With him in the lineup, we're mediocre, at best. Get Hill in there as soon as possible.

Just my two cents...

Faithful Rams fan since 1968

Drew4EverRams is offline Registered User

i realize bartell is back up to atogwe(i was under the impression tho that it may not be permanent and bartell would be considered at cb aswell as fs ) i think personally thats a wasted opportunity to get more physical in the secondary, i think both could become good safeties in time but having two young players around the same age fight for one spot where one of them could be used more in another position where IMHO the talent level of the current crop needs improvement and for arguements sake lets pick bartell

brown,bartell and hill seems the best trio we could use with our current roster -with bartell in the lineup we have someone to line up against the increasing number of tall and physical WRS fisher and or butler are worth a roster spot when they play to their strengths but i dont see what ingredient they add to our db corps that isnt already there without them!

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Then sit back and enjoy it. We have a whole week to talk about things that need fixing. We went into a tough road environment and pulled out a win. How about we celebrate that for a couple hours?
    I agree Nick. It seems like every week now WIN or lose I still have to use the word "Unbelievable" to describe some of the posts I read.

I agree Fisher isn't looking good and Mac fumbles way too much, but jeeze let's just enjoy the win for 1 day at least, if not 3 or 4 days before criticism mode kicks in.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

chiguy is offline Registered User

I missed today's game unfortunately, but I'm a little puzzled about the broadsides against Fischer. He's played pretty well this season and doesn't get tested a ton, despite being the CB covering the number 2 guy. I doubt we'll face a #2 receiver as good as we did today the rest of the season.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by chiguy View Post
    I missed today's game unfortunately, but I'm a little puzzled about the broadsides against Fischer. He's played pretty well this season and doesn't get tested a ton, despite being the CB covering the number 2 guy. I doubt we'll face a #2 receiver as good as we did today the rest of the season.
    Well, I guess opinions will and do vary, but it looked to me like Warner's strategy yesterday was find Fisher and throw at him. It worked too.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce View Post
    I agree Nick. It seems like every week now WIN or lose I still have to use the word "Unbelievable" to describe some of the posts I read.

I agree Fisher isn't looking good and Mac fumbles way too much, but jeeze let's just enjoy the win for 1 day at least, if not 3 or 4 days before criticism mode kicks in.
    Right on !!!! Rams are 2-1 baby ! gotta love it.

BigGameHolt is offline Registered User

I think we should enjoy the win, because were 2-1 right now, 2nd in the division behind the hawks, but I do agree we should move Fisher down to 2nd string and start Hill and Brown as our CBs. And for punts, we could give Brown, Fakhir a chance to r eturn them; hes got hands and speed.
    :clanram: BIG GAME Holt

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Hopefully, the coaching staff doesn't take a day to just "sit back and enjoy it"....
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

nick,with all due respect and i mean that,you need to go back and look at some rams video from the past couple of seasons, fisher is NOT a good tackler and never has been.
    I have to agree with jk on that one, he has show some big play ability, but for the most part his tackling has been sub par for a starter.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16 View Post
    McDonald played horrible today, he continues his fumbling woes on an easy 5 yard catch and go down play.
    I like McDonald and think he has a lot of upside, but he still scares the hell out of me, especially on punts.

letsgoramz is offline Registered User

Mcdonald is a great 4th reciever and even tho he has his fumble problems there are a lot of corners that can't stay with him nor safeties .
    Torry Holt Dont play that

adarian_too is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by chiguy View Post
    ... I'm a little puzzled about the broadsides against Fischer.
    This is easy. The only way he makes a tackle is when he confuses cover two to mean fall over your own two feet in front a runner and pray that the braids ensnare the runner instead.

I doubt we'll face a #2 receiver as good as we did today the rest of the season.
    Seeing how we'll be playing them again, I'm practicing the fetal position already ...

Rambos is offline Registered User

Shaun McDonald played in 43 games, he has turned the ball over three times on 7 fumbles. He had one bad year in 04 he had 4 fumbles lost 2. He has had one fumbles a year. I would not call him a guy that does not take care of the ball.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Shaun McDonald played in 43 games, he has turned the ball over three times on 7 fumbles. He had one bad year in 04 he had 4 fumbles lost 2. He has had one fumbles a year. I would not call him a guy that does not take care of the ball.
    43 games does not accurately describe the situation. For the amount of plays that he is actually in for, yes it is a lot of fumbles, it's not like he plays every down.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

chiguy is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by adarian_too View Post
    This is easy. The only way he makes a tackle is when he confuses cover two to mean fall over your own two feet in front a runner and pray that the braids ensnare the runner instead.
    So he's not the world's best tackler, he's been better than average in coverage. If I had to choose a skill for a CB to be good at, I'd choose coverage over tackling.

By contrast, I don't get the gushing over Atogwe. He's out of position a lot and almost caused a huge play in a previous game by leveling a CB who was in pretty good position. But he can hit, so I guess that makes him a good player.

Seeing how we'll be playing them again, I'm practicing the fetal position already ...
    Why? We already beat them on the road.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast