RamsNation Guest

McMichael starting to make his mark

I tried to use my one and only practice/camp visit to soak up and take in as much as I could. I noticed that they lined up in the Fleet, or 3 WR formation a good portion of the time, some were runs and some were passes. I hope and expect to see a lot of this during the season, mainly because of the contribution of Randy Mcmichael.
    Before, meaning last season, if we lined up in 3 WR with Klop, and ran the ball, Klop was a weakness in the line, and people expected us to pass as a result. If we lined up with Walker, a much better blocker, they expected us to run, cause nobody would define Aaron Walker as a receiving threat.
    Now, with Randy Mac, we can use any of our weapons(Holt/Bruce/Bennett/McMichael/Jackson) at any given time via the run or pass because of his dual threat abilities as a TE, and keep the defense guessing. During my very short camp experience, I was impressed with Randy Mac's blocking ability, I mean he was in position every time on the run plays, and we all know what he can do as a receiver.
    I know this is just the 1 day I was there, but when we aquired McMichael this is what I hoped for and this is what I saw at saturday's practice for the plays he was in.
    McMichael obviously wont just help in the 3 wide forms, it will improve our entire offense IMO. But he will make the 3 WR form especially potent.
    Any way, not trying to harp on my 1 camp visit. I'm just a fan like everybody else and very excited about the season.

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Re: McMichael starting to make his mark

Randy 'Randy Mac' McMichael should make a huge impact for the Rams offense this year.
    Having played for Coach Linehan in Miami, Randy Mac should fit right in coachs' system in Saint Louis. No doubt, They're on the same page. Good to hear that McMichael is starting to make his mark with the Rams. Expect big things from our new Tight End this year!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

It's funny cause a lot of fans in here didn't like the pic up. I did though

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Fans didn't like it because it seemed like we were turning our backs on Klop before he even got adjusted to the NFL. I, on the other hand, think it was a great move, as offenses are moving to a lot of singleback, two TE sets, so you need two good ones. It also gives Klop a chance to learn from a top all-around TE for a few years. He's already a good receiver, so hopefully Randy will teach him how to block.

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Good news nation, thanks for the report.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

homer1969 Guest

if he plays all 16 games, the signing of McMichael was huge!