Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: The Measuring Stick: Rams vs Packers

Rambos is offline Registered User

The Measuring Stick: Rams vs Packers

We are 3-3 and we have one of the top teams coming to the dome Sunday. If you wanted to know just how good or bad we are, there is no better way then to play a top tier team IMO.

This will be one the best team we have faced all year and the best offense we may see all year. Oh wait we play the Pats next week. Time to find out if our secondary is up to the challenge. They just hung 42 on the Texans. 6 TD passes in all!

Will it be a beat down?
    Will we be able to slow them down?
    Can we get into a shoot out and survive?
    Can we get to Aaron Rogers like the Hawks did?
    Can we get INTs like we did in Detroit?

So how is everyone feeling about this one?

I want to play a great team to see where we are.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Re: The Measuring Stick: Rams vs Packers

Most definitely the Rams can play with the Packers. As with any game, the ball bounces in funny ways and it could be close or it could get away from them.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

Fastcat is offline Registered User

I think this game is gonna be won with sj and richardson. I would be shocked if Sam has a game like last week... But that couldnt hurt tho. We will say, i cant wait till sunday!! I may even go to this game

Flippin' Ram is online now Registered User

Rodgers will most likely get pass happy against us. If Jenkins doesn't play like a rookie, we'll make a handful of picks against that elite GB offense. Our offense will have to be run heavy to open opportunities to throw bombs to Givens and Gibson. I'll certainly be impressed if can beat GB especially without Amendola moving the chains. Hope the guys are taking a bunch of notes in film study because we're certainly in for a challenge with that high-octane offense.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

We need Amendola back.
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

J-RodRamFan is offline Registered User

I really don't know about this game. We get Green Bay right when they get their groove back. This game wont be close if we play like we did in Miami. Rodgers can march down the field with ease. The last thing you wanna do is get penalties and give him better field position and first downs.

The special teams have to play better as well. Not just with making FG's but protecting the ball in punts/kick returns.

I don't think we will get INT's like Detroit but I think we can get to him like the Hawks did.

Agrajag is offline Registered User

It's no secret that Green Bay has an excellent passing attack that they tend to lean on like a crutch.

I think it's also no secret that we have a better than average passing defense.

No doubt they will have to have a balanced attack that includes an effective running game, but the key to me for the Rams to beat the Packers is to take advantage of their offensive opportunities. I guess that goes without saying, but this is not a team that you want to try to come back against and obviously, we don't want to have our defense out on the field all day either.

Going to be an exciting game, I'm looking forward to it.

The Packers announced that starting inside linebacker D.J. Smith has been lost for the remainder of the season to knee injury they sustained Sunday

macrammer is offline Registered User

Again, my hopes for this season WAS for RAMS to be competitive and fight until the end. So far so good and I don't see this changing for the Rams. I do not feel that when we make mistakes, the blow out is on as in years past. I feel much more confident that we will keep it close and tough for all of our opponents regardless of who they are. So, a close hard fought game is what I expect to see. I would be surprised to see a blow out.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I think we can (1) run on them, (2) stop their running game, and (3) pressure Rodgers.

I think we will have trouble (1) protecting Sam Bradford and (2) stopping Rodgers entirely.

I'd put good money on the team winning the turnover battle winning the game.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    I think we can (1) run on them, (2) stop their running game, and (3) pressure Rodgers.

I think we will have trouble (1) protecting Sam Bradford and (2) stopping Rodgers entirely.

I'd put good money on the team winning the turnover battle winning the game.
    I agree with most of this. I dont think we will have too much trouble protecting Sam, not sure why. Other than Clay Mathews they dont have much of a pass rush, especially with OLB Nick Perry now injured.

THE DREAM TEAM

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    I agree with most of this. I dont think we will have too much trouble protecting Sam, not sure why. Other than Clay Mathews they dont have much of a pass rush, especially with OLB Nick Perry now injured.
    They lead the league in sacks with 21, it should be a concern.
    Rambunctious and RockinRam like this.

I want to see how our defense stacks up against one of the best offenses in the NFL. Maybe the best QB in the game. What makes this so interesting to me is, I feel that our defense is very good, not great but good. I think we match up well. Our strength is our secondary combined with our pass rush. We have been stout against the run, not sure they will even try to establish the run. Their receivers are good not great, Jennings looks like he will be out Greg Jennings (groin, out) is in danger of missing Week 7, as well. "Coach Mike McCarthy suggested Friday that Jennings is back to square one with his groin injury, and they won't even test it until late next week." The Packers are second in drops balls so they are not perfect, but they don't need to be, they just keep throwing it.

I want to see if we can have success like we did in Detroit by creating turnovers. Can we create a pass rush like we did against the Cards?

On the offenses, I'm confident we can establish the run. The Packers are just average against the run. Not worried about moving the ball in the passing game in the dome.

Unsure how we are going to score TD's. Six weeks without a running-back crossing the goal-line with the ball in his hands.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

We will be able to hang with the Pack. Stop the run and force them to go to their strength, the passing game. Bring it on!
    Rambos likes this.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    I have Clay Matthews themed nightmares.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast