THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Media never fails.

Probably one of the most misleading titles to any article. Profootballtalk posted an article today titled:

Sam Bradford “a little bit frustrated” with new direction of offense

After a terrific rookie year, Rams quarterback Sam Bradford has mixed feelings about learning a new offense under Josh McDaniels.

“Part of me’s a little bit frustrated,” Bradford said Wednesday to Jenni Carlson of The Oklahoman. “I was really looking forward to spending more time in the West Coast [offense] and really getting into detail this offseason.”

Then again, Bradford recognizes that working under a new offensive boss could be a boost.

“But part of me’s extremely excited to be working with Josh McDaniels. If you look at what he’s done with some of his offenses and some of his quarterbacks in the past, as a quarterback you can’t not be excited to be in one of those offenses,” Bradford said.

Those two quotes probably sum up how Rams fans feel right about now. Making Bradford learn a second system with a new quarterbacks coach is not ideal for your No. 1 overall pick coming off a promising campaign. Then again, it’s hard to argue with McDaniels’ track record.

McDaniels and Bradford haven’t even met yet, which we find rather odd. (Jim Harbaugh and Alex Smith are old pals and Smith isn’t even signed for 2011.)

“I’m sure [I'll meet McDaniels] sometime down the road,” Bradford said. “When that is, I don’t know.”

McDaniels would be wise to set up a meeting before a possible work stoppage, so Bradford can start to help teach the new offense to his teammates over the offseason.

Bradford and the Rams offense may have to take a step back early in 2011 to take two steps forward in the future.
    I love how it immediately kicks into "then again Sam said he is excited to work with Josh" lol

I also find this article rather bizarre, as I was constantly listening to Sam at Radio Row and he made constant references about how he was going to get to St . Louis either this week or next to begin going over the playbook, so why the surprise they haven't met yet? They have exchanged several conversations, and Sam is just spending time with family, before getting right back to work.

Thanks for the read.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: Media never fails.

First of all, it has been reported that Bradford has spoken to McDaniels on the phone.

The rest of the article is a bunch of nonsense. What did people expect Bradford to say? "Yeah, I'm sure glad that bum Shurmur is gone. He sucked. Now I have a real offensive coordinator to work with!"

He was honest and diplomatic. Anyone who wants to make that into an issue clearly has too much time on his hands.

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    First of all, it has been reported that Bradford has spoken to McDaniels on the phone.

The rest of the article is a bunch of nonsense. What did people expect Bradford to say? "Yeah, I'm sure glad that bum Shurmur is gone. He sucked. Now I have a real offensive coordinator to work with!"

He was honest and diplomatic. Anyone who wants to make that into an issue clearly has too much time on his hands.
    Totally agree

Ram Mar Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post

On the money .. Bradford is a class act .. very Manning like

Varg6 is offline Registered User

THis is a necessary link: Official Site of the St. Louis Rams

Terrible article! In all seriousness though, the link just goes to show that, yeah, they're obviously going to meet and get going on this new offense. I'm not worried about this at all. I'm worried about the potential lockout and not being able to see this awesome new offense come to life.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

It's kind of annoying that they are making a big deal of McDaniels and Bradford not meeting. It's not like they live next door to each other in St. Louis...

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

Lets face, McDaniels doesn't have a reputation for getting along with players; needn't look no further then his stint in Denver. Honestly, I am not sold on McD. yet. I don't think much on his leadership skills, or his people skills. My thoughts are that is ego is too much for the player's ego to get along

Shan the Ram Man is offline Registered User

I for one think this is a good hire for Sam.

I don't think McD is a great head football coach or personal man in the NFL. He might be the second best QB coach behind Martz. Could turn out to be a great offensive Coordinator. What I've read Mcdaniels is a great guy to learn one on one from.

I just hope the Rams front office gives him more than just a season to evaluate him and his system.
    I would hope the Rams front office dosen't turn Sam B. into the next Alex Smith learning a new system every year his first 5 seasons.

Just my Opinion.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I can see both sides on this one.

Yes, I think the article is grasping at straws to try and make a story out of Sam's comment about being frustrated with the change in offense.

Having said that, while I don't think this is much of a story either, it would have been nice to see Sam and Josh McDaniels get together soon after he joined the staff to take full advantage of the time they have before a potential work stoppage.