Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Re: Is the media trying to tear down Torry Holt?

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith View Post
    Holt should have kept is mouth shut as well. He gave them the fuel as far as I am concerned.
    Absolutely right.

Holt has chosen to give the media a little more to work on in recent times so we can't be entirely surprised if they choose to get some yardage out of it. Whether its bitterness over Bruce's departure, frustration with Linehan or anything else, I feel that the best policy for Torry to follow would have been the one he followed for the first ten years of his career.

It served him well.

Truth is offline Registered User

To me (that means "in my opinion") Holts comments seemed ill-timed, poorly conceived, flippant, and a bit arrogant. I'm hoping that's not what he intended. However, it's probably the reason they've gotten so much press. For the past 10 years Holt has been very upbeat and positive. That doesn't seem to be the case this year. His comments about a possible move to Carolina, his leadership role on the team, and what seems to be a very luke warm attitude about the upcoming season are really out of character (or at least the character we've seen in past seasons). I'm dissappointed.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

prof22693 is offline Registered User

I think the media is blowing this out of proportion. Yeah, Torry benefitted from Bruce, but don't you think it helped Bruce having partner in crime? I'm not trying to say anyone of them is better than the other, but you just can't throw out old points such as "he should have made this catch" and such to say that he is any less of a Ram as Bruce. In many ways, some members of this board are buying into exactly what the media has said. Keep whatever personal opinions you may of him. Even if he shouldn't have said anything, he is no T.O. or Chad Johnson, and he is not Bruce but he is Torry. Two very different guys, who can't be compared by nitpicking little stats and such. I am sure Bruce has dropped at least one ball in his career. Just saying, I like these guys equally, but too many people are buying into the Holt-bashing, which is disappointing.

majorram is offline Registered User

Is the media trying to tear down Torry????? maybe!!! Something is not right with Torry though... i think he is still real pissed at the FO for treating bruce the way he has been and I tend to agree......and I really don't think that he has much respect for scott either but

We need Torry...and HIS comments haven't helped!!! the media love this kind of thing!!! Torry KNOWs this

The guys need to get on the field and get some WINS, this will then become a remote point...

Funny Bringing Bruce back up man I still miss the guy!!!

steve
    Last edited by majorram; -05-17-2008 at 02:58 PM.
    "The breakfast Club"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12