Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Memo to NFL: Better Start Taking The Rams Seriously

I don't know how long this win streak will last, or where it will ultimately bring the team, but I do know one thing:

The Rams are no longer a joke.

This is a team with a QB who can beat you. This is a team with a dangerous RB. This is a team with a competitive offensive line. This is a team with a feisty defense that makes plays.

The days of looking at the Rams on your schedule and smugly proclaiming "there's a win" are gone.

You want to beat this Rams team?

You'd better be prepared for a fight.

jdh008 is offline Registered User

Re: Memo to NFL: Better Start Taking The Rams Seriously

I didn't get to see the game today, but I obviously liked the result. I couldn't agree with you more. The Rams are no longer a joke and an automatic win on the schedule.

Taking it one step further, I think the Rams have a "Why not us?" feel to them right now. No one else in the division really seems to be any good.

letsgoramz is offline Registered User

I love it Memo to the NFL the Rams are tough !!!
    Torry Holt Dont play that

Bosna-Ram is offline Registered User

A MAN!!! As a fan I fear no one as of today, wait... maybe steelers, ravens or jets. But no one in NFC that is...

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Agreed. Four games in and we're 2-2. We've been competetive in all four and you could argue we could be 4-0. If you haven't seen improvement, you haven't been watching.

Bradford is going to be an elite QB. Jackson showed me something today, grinding out 72 yards with a bad groin. Many receivers contributed (Did you see the one-handed highlight reel catch by Amendola?!). The defense is playing with a chip on its shoulder. And for the 2nd week in a row the coaches made good adjustments after halftime, holding Seattle scoreless.

Speaking to your point, the Rams are not the league laughingstock anymore. While we have much work to do, this is a team that is headed in the right direction.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    The days of looking at the Rams on your schedule and smugly proclaiming "there's a win" are gone.
    It would certainly appear that way, wouldn't it? Even if the Redskins were guilty of looking past the Rams, the Seahawks certainly shouldn't be and came out on the losing side today.

It's been quite a tale of two weeks for this team. In the first two weeks, the Rams looked like a team similar to teams of the past - one that struggled to find offensive consistency and couldn't close out a game. Two weeks later, the Rams are capable of playing efficiently and turning on the heat in the second half in order to come away with a victory.

I think it goes without saying... we like these new Rams!!

Quote Originally Posted by jdh008 View Post
    Taking it one step further, I think the Rams have a "Why not us?" feel to them right now. No one else in the division really seems to be any good.
    Great point. No one else in the division is trending upwards right now besides the Rams. The Cardinals are struggling, the ***** are winless, and the Seahawks just got beat. Why NOT the Rams?
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Varg6 is offline Registered User

It makes me really happy too because I think we really do have a great coach in Spags and I wouldn't want to see him get fired because his players weren't getting the job done.

Well, they are. They are doing a great job and like NJ said, we could arguably be 4-0. Regardless, I think we've seen progress. This was a cocky Seahawks team with a stout run D; we got the job done. And I couldn't be happier.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Barry Waller is offline Registered User

>>Did you see the one-handed highlight reel catch by Amendola?>>

And most importantly, that would have been an easy pick if Danny doesn't snag it
    Barry Waller

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

That catch by Amendola was incredible. You see stuff like that, and it's hard to believe we snagged him off someone else's practice squad.

The roster hasn't changed that much since last season except at quarterback, but the difference seems like night and day. I don't know how long it'll last, but it sure feels like we're going to be competitive every time. You might not know who we are, but we're coming to win on game day.

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

I am very pleased with the defense.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenfleece View Post
    That catch by Amendola was incredible. You see stuff like that, and it's hard to believe we snagged him off someone else's practice squad.

The roster hasn't changed that much since last season except at quarterback, but the difference seems like night and day. I don't know how long it'll last, but it sure feels like we're going to be competitive every time. You might not know who we are, but we're coming to win on game day.
    That's right. Great completion indeed by the D.A. Another fine catch was by Gibson in the 4th ... or was it Clayton?

Amendola keeps reminding me of Kevin Curtis. I hope DA will continue developing positively along with the Rams WR corps.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Maybe finally some we realize that the term "TALENT" is so overrated. Every player in these league is talented. Another year under their belt, the players in this system now believe, and they are becoming dangerous, particularly on defense. It's NEVER been a lack of talent. Look at the production we all getting all around, from unwanted players, undrafted free agents, practice squad castoffs ...

To hell with the doubters in the NFL and particularly the media. I'd rather have these so-called bottom of the barrel announcers calling our games, as they actually study the Rams and seem to enjoy watching them grow. I dread the days I have to have Troy Aikman and Joe Suck calling our games ....

These team is full of hard working playmakers. We're going to make alot of teams have very long days in the near future ...

MACD is offline Registered User

Sam would like a few passes back today, but my gawsh, did you see that roll-out deep out to Clayton that was a fraction of an inch being tipped by the defender? That.Was.Incredible.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Defense is allowing 13 points a game with a group a guys that if you weren't a Rams fan you wouldn't be able to name more than 3 of our starters. Playing out of our mind and we have been missing one of our best defenders in OJ. James Hall and Fred Robbins have been taking big gulps out of the fountain of youth. You have to give a ton of credit to Steve Spagnulo and his defensive staff.

Offense is steadily improving as Sam Bradford and surprisingly Pat Shurmur get better every game. The O-line hasn't been out of this world, but have been playing well enough. WRs need to hang on to more balls, but they have also made plays that no one has expected them to make especially Amendola and Clayton. Sam Bradford always finds a way to bounce back from rookie mistakes he has all the physical tools, but his composure is what has made him so good so far.

Likesspace is offline Registered User

I see Amendola as the ghost of Ricky Proehl.
    This kid can make the catches when it counts.

Man, this is starting to be a really fun team to watch.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast