Results 1 to 1 of 1
Mequon, Monday July 28 / Wagoner's notes
Nick's Notes: July 28
Monday, July 28, 2008
Nick’s Notes: July 28, 2008
MEQUON, Wis. –
- Greetings from Concordia Wisconsin, where we begin the first full week of camp with Monday’s morning workout.
- As usual, let’s get to some news before we hop into the action on the field. Defensive end Victor Adeyanju had a big offseason and was carrying that momentum into training camp but it all came to a halt with the news this morning that he suffered a fractured middle finger and could miss up to a month. It isn’t likely, contrary to other reports that he would miss much more than the preseason games but it remains to be seen how he recovers from the injury. Adeyanju is in St. Louis having surgery on the finger.
- Adeyanju had been battling a hamstring injury but played through it before the finger injury.
- As the injuries start to mount, it seems the defensive line is getting hit the hardest. While end C.J. Ah You returned to work, the Rams lost defensive tackle Josh Thompson to a torn right plantar fascia that will keep him out for an extended period.
- The Rams added a cornerback to help bring depth because of the shoulder injury that has put Fakhir Brown on the sideline. Cortney Grixby, a free agent who last was with Carolina, arrived to the morning practice but wasn’t here in time to put on pads. He will wear No. 43. Grixby was an undrafted free agent released by the Panthers on July 16. He checks in at 5’9, 170 pounds. Grixby will have his first practice this afternoon but did field some punts following the morning workout.
- As for the action on the field, there are a few young players making a pretty solid impression. Rookie offensive lineman John Greco is a keeper. It doesn’t appear he has much of a future as a tackle but he certainly does inside at guard. He could probably play tackle if he had to but there’s no doubting that he could step in and be a solid guard right now. He continues to hold his own in one on one pass rush drills.
- Cornerback Justin King is a little more polished than I had been led to believe. He’s at least ahead of where Jonathan Wade was at the same point last season.
- Derek Stanley continues to make a play or two every practice that wows the crowd and catches the eyes of the coaching staff. He might not land one of the six receiver spots but keeping him away from one of them is going to be extremely difficult.
- Vince Hall, who has been kind of the forgotten man among the young linebackers, had some nice moments in the morning practice including a couple of impressive pass breakups.
- A very happy birthday goes out to Rams Director of Player Programs Ray Ogas. Ogas was showered with a stirring (sort of) rendition of “Happy Birthday” following the workout. Ogas is one of the good guys and has now turned in six decades.
- I'll be back with more following the afternoon session
By MASSIVE in forum RAM TALKReplies: 3Last Post: -07-26-2008, 06:21 PM
By RealRam in forum RAM TALKReplies: 0Last Post: -07-25-2008, 03:18 AM
By RamWraith in forum RAM TALKReplies: 0Last Post: -05-01-2006, 04:26 PM
By Nick in forum RAM TALKReplies: 3Last Post: -11-22-2005, 01:44 PM
By Nick in forum RAM TALKReplies: 0Last Post: -11-14-2005, 06:32 PM