Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    general counsel is offline Registered User

A message to all the lurkers on the board-please post!

To all of you who spend time with us on clanram and enjoy reading but dont like to post, i strongly encourage you to become more vocal participants.

One of the best things about this board is seeing new blood come onto the scene with a fresh perspective on the rams. Its great that many people read what gets written and there is nothing at all wrong with that, but it would also be nice if more people joined the dialogue.

RamsFan16 is a great example of what gets added to the board when a new active voice joins us. RamsFan16 has been a great addition and he has really helped lead some spirited debates.

The fact that we dont always agree with each other is fine. The mods are great about preventing personal attacks and i for one am adamant about people having the right to express any opinion that they want on the rams. Its great fun to have an opinion and then work to back it up as others challenge your views.

The more different voices we have, the more enjoyable the debates. Please post early and often, its great to hear what all of you guys and gals think. Remember, at the end of the day, we can all agree on one thing- "The Horns Rule!!!!!!!"

ramming speed to all

general counsel

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: A message to all the lurkers on the board-please post!

Nice post, GC.

I concur. Its always great to get new views and perspectives.

ramsplaya16 is offline Registered User

Gc is right(as usual) lol, cmon people, join its fun!
    Built RAM tough

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Geez GC, didn't anything Will51 posted sink in????

MSRamman Guest

LOL Sry, y'all, my work schedule has been really hectic lately. I am guilty, having been doing drivebys in the wee am hours before work, but with my sked and the lack of much activity this offseason so far, I haven't seen a lot to respond to. I, like most others am pretty pleased with our offensive pickups, I just wish there had been a decent defensive FA that would have been a good fit for us to go after. That, I could have gotten excited about. I'm also waiting for the regular season sked to arrive, to begin specualtion on the date of the '07 bash....

BrokenWing is offline Registered User

Alot of it has to do with it currently being the Offseason. This is the first time I've ever kept up on the offseason and do it mostly by reading the posts on these forums.

I'm a strategist by nature, so must of my discussion contributions will probably arrive during the season when I have more to talk about.

RealRam is offline Registered User

You have a point, Wing, about the Offseason -- at times it can be real doldrums of sluggish and humdrum nothingness.

But GC's call for encouraging the lurkers to post is totally positive. As Avenger said, ...it's always great to get new views and perspectives. With that I'd like to say:

Welcome to the Clan, BrokenWing! :r

kman is offline Registered User

Red face Re: A message to all the lurkers on the board-please post!

hey, whats up...i "lurk" around here but rarely post..alot b/c hardly anyone ever responded to my previous posts...but i'll start to contribute more..

Mr. Gaz Guest

I've been lurking around a bit recently and after reading this post I'll try to contribute. Although my football knowledge isn't the best i'll give it a go!

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I waited awhile to respond to this excellent thread by GC. I wanted to feel what it was like to be a lurker. Couldn't hold out any longer so I guess I'm a blabber mouth?

RealRam is offline Registered User

Welcome to the Clan, Mr. Gaz and Kman! :l

GC is only trying to encourage more Rams fans, those who mostly visit, to post. And I think that would be good. At times the interaction is debatable and defensive but it's all good. Usually anyway.

Glad to have you aboard.

Xian001 Guest

hello

Not so sure how excited people will be about me de-lurking as I am a Seattle fan =p

I enjoy reading your forums here and check in at least three to four times a week on rams news & opinion, like to know what your all up to!

So since I am de-lurking, thought I would say hello and imho the Rams are still the team I worry about as a Seahawk fan. I believe Arizone will continue to be average (does it annoy you all as much as Seattle fans that they are picked every year to win the division lol), I think the ***** are on the rise but still not quite there (I don't seriously see them being a threat for a couple years, always takes longer than fans like to get up to speed). So for me its the Rams who worry me, as a Seattle fan here is my outlook on your team this year (I am sure its skewed and not totally accurate). I think the Rams have a AWESOME offense, I am just somewhat puzzled at what seems to be a lack of interest in your Defense by your front office (maybe I am missing something?)

I try and read a lot of forums, blogs, etc on teams in the NFC West, if any of you are interested I believe the best info site on the Seahawks is a blog maintained by Mike Sando (you can find on google by typing in "Seahawks blog, 2nd result), its a lot more updated on Seattle news than most sites for any team I have been able to find.

Anyhow, for better or worse I am out! I wish your team the best of luck this year (minus when you play Seattle) and hope both our teams can avoid any serious injuries.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

welcome xian001 to the non-lurking world.

We have a few decent seahawk fans that post here and we like and respect them. Rival fans don't always have to be rude to each other. I check out the seahawk board on a fairly regular basis. I think it is good to get a different perspective on things and you can do that by reading other boards.

I am puzzled by the lack of interest in the defense by the Rams FO also. We might have a killer offense, but that is not going to win all the games. Perhaps Scott Linehan has not fully developed into a head coach yet and he is still living with a OC mindset. Time will tell and the draft picks should be interesting. To be honest, I am not sure who makes the personnel decisions for the team, so I guess I can't blame Linehan, all though he must have some influence.

Good luck with the seahawks this year. I hope we manage to beat them this year. The close games and losses are getting on my nerves.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xian001 Guest

"The close games and losses are getting on my nerves"

Oh ya, Rams/Seahawks games drive me crazy! Always a nail biter, I still get depressed thinking of a few years ago when you all beat us three times in one season! Gah, so fustrating, I remember thinking will we ever beat these guys, and its been barely beating you all ever since.

I am secretly hoping all the teams in the NFC west will all be better minus when they play Seattle lol, just so tired of hearing how easy our division is.

Anyhow all the best.

keith m. klink Guest

GC, you sure do have a pretty mouth.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. -01-27-2008, 03:37 PM