throwback week

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Re: Message Board Fans Are A Different Breed

Well, I can't speak for anyone else...well, I guess I could....but, OTOH, I guess I won't...but as for me, I came to this board for several reasons. Main reason was because the so-called official Rams board just sucks. From what I saw, it is filled with a bunch of kids who would rather call each other names than to talk football.
    Secondly...the fans here have a LOT more knowledge about the Rams than anywhere else I have ever found. If I ask a question here, I do not get laughed at because I don't know the answer....I get a very detailed answer that is in direct relation to my question.
    Third...Since most of the fans here are from such scattered locations....you know it's not just a bunch of bandwagon fans.
    Fourth....where else can a person go to get such complete news of the Rams without any crap about those guys from the other side of Missouri? What is the name of that team????....I think they wear red or something.....

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFamily
    You think that's bad.....try being two people using the same identity. I bet we seem schizophrenic at times. Either that, or we always seem to talk to ourselves....oh, wait, we do....uh, um...time for our meds...

Oh, and while I'm here.....Bulger friggin' rocks!
    While I was in the living room, checking out such worthwhile items online as Meg Ryan pics and listening to my daughter talk incessantly, I decided to check out the clan boards. Apparently, mama RF was on the bedroom computer, posting the above in another thread....
    Her reason for coming to the clan boards? After reading the above, I'm not really sure I want to know..... :rolleyes:

afrightertoo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFamily
    While I was in the living room, checking out such worthwhile items online as Meg Ryan pics and listening to my daughter talk incessantly, I decided to check out the clan boards. Apparently, mama RF was on the bedroom computer, posting the above in another thread....
    Her reason for coming to the clan boards? After reading the above, I'm not really sure I want to know..... :rolleyes:
    Some times there is humor here that just isn't found anywhere else.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Re: Message Board Fans are a Different Breed

Message Board Fans are a different breed -- AVR
    ...And I like it. No, really I do. Excellent thread, Avenger. Greatly enjoyed reading every post on this one. Much truth is sprinkled throughout the responses here. Fascinating.

I too am a so called "positive" Ram fan. Have been that way since 1966. It still is a passion, it now is a more mellow one.

I support Coach Martz, for example, but was quite upset with the Warner Decree of his last year. Nevertheless, I seriously respect his position and admire the way he conducts business as well as himself.

Yes, I too tend to consider the vicissitudes of our Rams team with a good measure of optimism and, okay, bias. We are indeed a FAMILY and there is no family on earth that doesn't quarrel or fuss, often for petty things, off priority and non-eventful. So much is thus waisted in sad result.

...But it sure makes me feel good to witness the true colors of many a 'family member' when he/she shows, and stands for, and proves ... what usually is deemed as the character of the family, the character of the family by virtue of what is generally accepted (at least in terms of majorities) as values and standards: pride, courage, morals, etc. and the achievments honored by these principles.

Unfortunately, even those principles suffer at times thanks to the dilution or the negligence of the family name.

Objectively, I think of one Captain Aeneas Williams. A player that I believe rightly represents such moral standards. An individual of total integrity, patience and work! Typically, he sets the example by the action of his work, his ethics, and his awesome commitment to the team.

Tyoka Jackson. Marc Bulger. Isaac Bruce. Several others. I believe we have an excellent core of leaders in this particular NFL organization of today. The mettle, the potential is there.

We have quite a group of not only talented and experienced men of battle, but players that share with each other the insight to point to the higher scruples of the game -- maturity earned or, in the case of rookies and younger players, maturity in the making. The discipline it requires to get there through highs and lows, mistakes and victories ... even through the criticism of some of the fans who voice their opinions as "members of the family".

Again, even in the best of families, there is that uncertainty of what will evolve from within the heart of a member or two. Let's hope our breed, be it on the football field, be it on this message board, proves to be worthy.

Long live ClanRam. GO RAMS.
    Last edited by RealRam; -11-19-2004 at 11:48 PM.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Re: Message Board Fans are a different breed

In a literal sense of course, we are quite a different breed!

Just 12 or 15 years ago, who would have thought of being able to instantly post one's thoughts about one's favorite sports team in an open, worldwide forum like this one, and being able to get so much input, pro or con, from total strangers!

Yes, even us MBF have helped to change the game. I'm not sure I want to know what technology will bring in 12 or 15 more years from now.

I do hope there will still be Excellence in the family name. :1:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12