Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Message To The Fellow Die-Hard Fans On This Board

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Message To The Fellow Die-Hard Fans On This Board

I'd like to just send a message to all the people on this board. I myself, have today decided to just step back from the Rams.

"But wait, are you saying you're ditching the team? BANDWAGONER! You are not a real fan!"

Oh of course not. I'm still going to watch every game, and root for them. But I've realized us over-analyzing every little negative thing about this franchise will do us no good, physically and mentally. It's probably causing us more stress in our lives than we need. With jobs, school, friends, family, we have much more stress than we need, why add more?

What I'm suggesting is to just, at least for the rest of this season, treat football like what it truly is. Entertainment, and a casual hobby. I'm a die-hard avid football fan, and always will be, but there is no point in causing more grief to ourselves by desperately dragging our mental states to this football team's level.

This football team sucks. Everyone knows it. But hey, if they suck, they suck. We can't do anything about it. Just enjoy that we have football to watch, and that we have the luxury of buying the GamePass or having a computer to watch illegal links on. Many people don't.

There's more to life than just this Rams team, let's just step back, and breathe. Maybe take your family on a nice backpacking hike, take a date to a new movie, whatever it may be. Let's stop making this team bring the fans (us) down.

I don't know if everyone will truly understand the message I'm trying to send, but for those who do, know that life is good and just enjoy it. Don't let a simple thing like football bring us into foul moods, because that affects the people we interact with afterwards, and the atmosphere and your whole day just goes to the $h!t.

And if anyone calls me a casual, fake Rams fan, I will castrate you.

San Diego Ram is offline Registered User

Re: Message To The Fellow Die-Hard Fans On This Board

Your so CASUAL!!!! In your approach

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

I have not agreed with anything posted on this board more thoroughly than I have agreed with this post in a VERY long time. Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    I'd like to just send a message to all the people on this board. I myself, have today decided to just step back from the Rams.

"But wait, are you saying you're ditching the team? BANDWAGONER! You are not a real fan!"

Oh of course not. I'm still going to watch every game, and root for them. But I've realized us over-analyzing every little negative thing about this franchise will do us no good, physically and mentally. It's probably causing us more stress in our lives than we need. With jobs, school, friends, family, we have much more stress than we need, why add more?

What I'm suggesting is to just, at least for the rest of this season, treat football like what it truly is. Entertainment, and a casual hobby. I'm a die-hard avid football fan, and always will be, but there is no point in causing more grief to ourselves by desperately dragging our mental states to this football team's level.

This football team sucks. Everyone knows it. But hey, if they suck, they suck. We can't do anything about it. Just enjoy that we have football to watch, and that we have the luxury of buying the GamePass or having a computer to watch illegal links on. Many people don't.

There's more to life than just this Rams team, let's just step back, and breathe. Maybe take your family on a nice backpacking hike, take a date to a new movie, whatever it may be. Let's stop making this team bring the fans (us) down.

I don't know if everyone will truly understand the message I'm trying to send, but for those who do, know that life is good and just enjoy it. Don't let a simple thing like football bring us into foul moods, because that affects the people we interact with afterwards, and the atmosphere and your whole day just goes to the $h!t.

RockinRam likes this.

live4ramin is offline Registered User

I can't even catch the games anymore. Our Fox station (Cape Girardeau, MO) replaced the game with "professional wrestling". That's bad now.

Or was it a blessing? I'd still prefer the privilege of changing the channel myself.

I think Kranke will get the message when more stations opt out.
    "The horror"

bruce4life is online now Registered User

Trust me I have had the non chalant way of viewing these games ever since week 2 when I realized we just did not have that "IT" factor this season

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

We shall rally around...umm, eh, err, Steven Jackson and play really bad football!!

Unfortunately, I've seen this play before. Never this bad, but really close. It was 1994 and the team left Anaheim after that season. I'll never forget the apathy of the 20,000 (if that many people) at the last game against Washington...I hoped I would never have live trough feeling this low again.

But hey, what the heck. I'm a Rams fan! I shall pack my bags and go see them play Pittsburgh this year on Christmas eve. Who knows, maybe Santa will give me a win for being a good boy. Regardless, good point Rockin Ram, life is too short to worry about the small stuff!
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post

I know, Ive been thinking the exact same thing, pal.

general counsel is offline Registered User

The bright side is that with every additional loss, our potential draft position improves. Hopefully the new regime will make wise selections.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    The bright side is that with every additional loss, our potential draft position improves. Hopefully the new regime will make wise selections.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    I would like a top tier WR. While I do love how well Robert Quinn has been playing, i would love to see what AJ Green could have done here

It is a bright side because it means we will be in position to pick a lovely new WR!

We could go DT or RT though, but it will be too high for a RT and we have been so desperate for that WR for a long time
    Last edited by tomahawk247; -11-28-2011 at 10:46 AM.

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

I'm a diehard. Even Adam Carriker told me last year that he had never met anyone who was more fanatical about the Rams than I am.

BUT -

Since then, there have been a lot of things happen. Stupid coaching choices, stupid play calling, stupid execution - plus the reality of life - have caused me to get to the point where the Rams aren't exactly what they once were to me. Don't get me wrong - I am still a fan. After all, how many times do you have to hit your head against the wall before you realize it hurts?

I'm still a Rams fan, a Bradford fan, a SJ fan, a Laurainitis fan, a Long fan...I'm a fan of a lot of the people who wear horns or who work for the Rams. I'm a fan of the team.

But I am VERY disgusted with the way things have gone. I think Spags has the potential to be a killer HC, but not in St. Louis. McDaniels has the talent to be a great OC again...not sure if St. Louis is the right place, but I will give him another year. As far as the players....well, the core talent is good...some of it VERY good. Injuries have killed us, poor choices on who to cut and who to keep have killed us, even the play calling has killed us! On top of that, if the players aren't all willing to give it 100% every time they put on the helmet, then there is no way we can win.

I'm going to support my Rams. I no longer support those who don't give their best every week...I understand what it feels like to have bad stuff going on, but seriously - if it's getting to you that bad, step aside and let someone else do your job who CAN give 100%!

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

It's gotten so bad that my wife (a casual RAMS fan) now asks me every Monday morning if the RAMS lost again? As opposed to if they won?

This has gotten real ugly but I never say uncle when it comes to my RAMS.
    ramsanddodgers likes this.

supachump is offline Registered User

RockinRam, I've have had the exact same mind set. For the last 3-4 weeks. What took you so long?

Sad as it is. Losses don't even bother me anymore. I still watch every game hoping that they win. But, when they lose, I just shrug and worry about more important things.
    ramsanddodgers likes this.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by supachump View Post
    RockinRam, I've have had the exact same mind set. For the last 3-4 weeks. What took you so long?

Sad as it is. Losses don't even bother me anymore. I still watch every game hoping that they win. But, when they lose, I just shrug and worry about more important things.
    Probably it's because I have finals coming up...haha...

Ram Mar Ram is offline Registered User

What I'm suggesting is to just, at least for the rest of this season, treat football like what it truly is. Entertainment
    i've been doing this since week 6

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

I'll always be a die hard Rams fan. Nothing will ever change that. The only reason we are so critical and so hurt when they lose is because we care so much. That'll never change. Though the past few weeks I've went into games thinking were going to lose, so when we do, it doesn't hurt much.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast