Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Message from Kevin Demoff

I sent a message to Kevin Demoff via Facebook telling him that the Clan appreciates the work he's doing. Here's his response:

David, thanks for the kind words and for all you do at ClanRam. It is a great site and I'm grateful for the hard work and passion of the moderators and the members.
    I thought I'd post this just as a reminder that the guys working for the Rams are regular people working hard for the same goals we hope the team will accomplish. Kevin seems like a nice guy and, in my opinion, he's been doing a great job with the Rams. We're lucky to have him in the negotiation trenches.

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Re: Message from Kevin Demoff

Well, Kevin may seem nice and all, but this team is 6-42 the last 3 years. Kevin we need to see some positive results this year! Or else changes may have to take place!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Absolutely, and he's been great as far as I'm concerned. I'm glad you sent him a letter because whether we realize it or not they appreciate our dedication to the Rams--they know its been tough and, despite whether or not Demoff knew about these forums prior to your letter, its good to get our name out there; I'm proud to be a member of a classy and well known website like this and I'm sure anyone affiliated with the Rams' organization would be thrilled to know that a site like this exists. By the way, once again, the Atogwe situation: Kudos.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Rambunctious is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by dgr828 View Post
    Well, Kevin may seem nice and all, but this team is 6-42 the last 3 years. Kevin we need to see some positive results this year! Or else changes may have to take place!

I respect everyone's right to have an opinion and post but this crap is getting old.

Forget the fact that Demoff has only been with the team a little over a year.

Forget the fact that he joined a dismal operation that was just starting to try to turn the ship around.

Forget the fact that he, Spags and Devaney have made smart, steady and tough decisions that are helping build this team with a proper foundation.

It's the fact that one member can't even wait a half hour before turning a simply nice post into a negative.

A high ranking member of the organization we love compliments the site and it's members and the first response you want him to see is "Your job is on the line!"

Sorry for the rant.

Thanks AV for sending the message and posting the response.

I agree with all of your thoughts as well Varg6.

lordwhttgr is offline Registered User
    I live in Danville Illinois, I work all over the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by Rambunctious View Post
    I respect everyone's right to have an opinion and post but this crap is getting old.

Forget the fact that Demoff has only been with the team a little over a year.

Forget the fact that he joined a dismal operation that was just starting to try to turn the ship around.

Forget the fact that he, Spags and Devaney have made smart, steady and tough decisions that are helping build this team with a proper foundation.

It's the fact that one member can't even wait a half hour before turning a simply nice post into a negative.

A high ranking member of the organization we love compliments the site and it's members and the first response you want him to see is "Your job is on the line!"

Sorry for the rant.

Thanks AV for sending the message and posting the response.

I agree with all of your thoughts as well Varg6.
    I agree, and thank you.

Bralidore(RAMMODE) is offline Registered User

To add to Rambunctious, is it really the fault of the contract negotiator for a team's losses..?

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bralidore(RAMMODE) View Post
    To add to Rambunctious, is it really the fault of the contract negotiator for a team's losses..?
    No, no... DGR just likes to be a grouch about everything

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Yeah that's right, Everything is so nice and dandy, the fact is this organization has been the Crap of the NFL for too long now. Talk is cheap, thanks for the recognition Demoff, NOW DO YOUR JOB! GET A WINNER IN HERE!
    Sure, Kevins just got here, but we can't wait as Rams. We waited for Linny, We waited for Bulger, We waited for Hass, We're waiting for Spags and Devaney and soon we'll be waiting on SAM to bring respect back to Saint Louis Rams Football
    Rams are the laughing stock in all of football in America, Kevin WE appreciate your kind words for the Clan, BUT WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO ABOUT THIS MESS? WE're waiting to find out!
    Last edited by dgr828; -06-06-2010 at 11:08 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post
    No, no... DGR just likes to be a grouch about everything
    He's also Marc Bulger's biggest fan.

lordwhttgr is offline Registered User
    I live in Danville Illinois, I work all over the USA.

Yeah that's right, Everything is so nice and dandy, the fact is this organization has been the Crap of the NFL for too long now. Talk is cheap, thanks for the recognition Demoff, NOW DO YOUR JOB! GET A WINNER IN HERE!
    Sure, Kevins just got here, but we can't wait as Rams. We waited for Linny, We waited for Bulger, We waited for Hass, We're waiting for Spags and Devaney and soon we'll be waiting on SAM to bring respect back to Saint Louis Rams Football
    Rams are the laughing stock in all of football in America, Kevin WE appreciate your kind words for the Clan, BUT WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO ABOUT THIS MESS? WE're waiting to find out!
    WOW, we are bad right now, But laughing stock is a bit harsh. Did this team change colors and become the Lions. We are bad, but not that bad.

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

I think if you look around the league and examine the teams that are the cream of the crop, ie the Colts, Steelers, and Cheatriots, you would notice stability is a huge reason for success- stable owners, coaches, and FO men. If we listen to some posters' advice and fire people after one or two years, then yes we will continue to be bad and eventually surpass the Lions as the laughing stock of the NFL.

I have the utmost confidence in DeDeSpags, however it takes more than one year to reattach the stern and the bow of the Titanic, bring it off the depths of the ocean floor, and turn it around. The devastation these men inherited is just ridiculous, and we have to all have faith that they can bring us back to credibility. Patience, my friends, patience.

Azul e Oro is online now Registered User

Not really sure what your issue is with Demoff.

Didn't Demoff get all the draft crop in on time for TC last year? I forget all the details but I remember thinking most of the contracts seemed sensibly-structured, ie none of the monster back-end stuff that got us in such a bind in the first place.

And if there had been a normal FA this year, wouldn't The Rams have had plenty of cap room for deals at least in part due to his efforts ? I also like that he even found some change down the back of the sofa last year to sign useful guys like Amendola.

I don't think you can blame him for the CBA issue or the ownership transition, if that's a factor in the moves actually made the off season, never mind the onfield performance. And he did do a live Q & A on the Rams site earlier this year & was both informative and sensible,imo, in his responses. Can't say I ever remember Shawgmunt doing something like that.

I think it's great that he might look in here from time to time.

Nice job, AV.

Message to demoff......git r done!!!

Name:  7c54a11713fe7670.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  5.5 KB
    Message from Kevin Demoff-639131-0-0-1.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Glad to hear the response. I'm sure Mr. Demoff is working hard to get our people signed, and I have to admit that it looks like the FO knew better than the fans on the Atogwe situation.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Mob 71 View Post
    I think if you look around the league and examine the teams that are the cream of the crop, ie the Colts, Steelers, and Cheatriots, you would notice stability is a huge reason for success- stable owners, coaches, and FO men. If we listen to some posters' advice and fire people after one or two years, then yes we will continue to be bad and eventually surpass the Lions as the laughing stock of the NFL.

I have the utmost confidence in DeDeSpags, however it takes more than one year to reattach the stern and the bow of the Titanic, bring it off the depths of the ocean floor, and turn it around. The devastation these men inherited is just ridiculous, and we have to all have faith that they can bring us back to credibility. Patience, my friends, patience.
    Interesting that you should mention the Lions, who kept Matt Millen running the show much longer than most people thought prudent. Is it that stability that produces success or that the success produces stability? When you have a good scouting department, you're not going to fire people. Does that mean that if you have a weak scouting department, you shouldn't fire people because the successful teams don't fire their people? None of this really has to do with Demoff. I just wanted to point out that stability isn't inherently a good thing. It's only good when you have the right people in place.

Aussie Dave is offline Registered User

i can see that dgr's comments can be taken as negative but im sure Kevin would also see it as a sign that the fans are as passionate and hungry to win as the organisation. maybe the comment could have been written a little less aggressively though

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast