Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Re: Message from Kevin Demoff

Just some general comments about various expressions on this thread-

1. It is always nice when someone within the organization expresses thanks and an acknowledgement of the fans' passion.
    2. Blaming the current regime for the sins of the past is foolish. That said, Spags, Devaney, Demoff, Chip, etc. are the ones at the forefront now. It is on their shoulders to get it turned around. There comes a time when one has to stop referencing the incompetent front office guys of the past and making excuses for why the team is still bad. That time is now. Improvement must be shown this year- no iffs ands or buts about it. And I'm not talking about 2 or 3 wins, especially when on paper our schedule looks very manageable.
    3. Stability is important, but only if the guys at the helm demonstrate competence in their positions. I think in Billy Devaney you have a very good football guy. The jury is still out on Steve Spagnuolo and his staff. He has some very good qualities but made his share of mistakes in his 1st year. Hopefully with another year under his belt, he can improve upon some of his in game decisions.

shower beers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Azul e Oro View Post
    Not really sure what your issue is with Demoff.

Didn't Demoff get all the draft crop in on time for TC last year? I forget all the details but I remember thinking most of the contracts seemed sensibly-structured, ie none of the monster back-end stuff that got us in such a bind in the first place.
    I think that's about all we need from him. Sensible contracts and getting the rookies in on time. I'm also puzzled as to why he's being labeled as he is on this thread. This guy couldn't have less to do with the players' performance. Seems like misdirected frustration to me. Maybe we should next go after the scoreboard operator for making the screen too bright during games.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Its people like dgr28 that ensure that people like Kevin will probably never come here and speak to us directly.

Thanks for derailing the thread.

Rambunctious is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenfleece View Post

Interesting that you should mention the Lions, who kept Matt Millen running the show much longer than most people thought prudent. Is it that stability that produces success or that the success produces stability?

Stability doesn't guarantee success but not having stability guarantees failure.

I'm not suggesting you keep bad people like Millen around for 8 years. That's crazy.

But it's also crazy not to give a new regime 3 to 4 years to turn things around. Give them the time to bring in the type of players and implement the system they want.

While they are doing this they should show progress. We were 1-15 last year. I expect them to be better than 1-15 this year and better next year than they are this year.

Even though we hate them I doubt many people would deny Bill Walsh was a great coach. The year before he took of the ***** they won 2 games. The year he took over they won 2 games. I'm sure plenty of fans were calling for his head at that time. He won 6 games the next year and then 13 his third year. Success... but just to show you how fine the line is he only won 3 games his fourth season before he went on to have several stable years of winning football.

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Just watched the video of Bruce's retirement ceremony on the team website-lots of great Bruce stuff on there at the moment,btw; his 1-on-1 with Wagoner is a special treat.

What's that got to do with Demoff, you ask? Well, Billy Devaney says in his intro that the idea for the trade which brought Isaac Bruce back home was Kevin Demoff's.

As far as I'm concerned, Demoff would have to run over Bradford in the parking lot to lose my loyalty.
    Last edited by Azul e Oro; -06-13-2010 at 05:49 AM.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Azul e Oro View Post
    What's that got to do with Demoff, you ask? Well, Billy Devaney says in his intro that the idea for the trade which brought Isaac Bruce back home was Kevin Demoff's.
    Ahh, so Devaney DIDN'T want to bring Bruce back... Traitor! Drown him!

As far as I'm concerned, Demoff would have to run over Bradford in the parking lot to lose my loyalty.
    St. Louis Post-Dispatch
    6/10/10 2:50pm

Former Oklahoma quarterback Sam Bradford, the number one pick in the draft, witnessed the tragic ending of his rookie season when Kevin Demoff, the vice president of football operations and chief operating officer of the St. Louis Rams, accidentally hit him while he was walking out of a Baskin Robbins. Demoff, realizing the event that just occurred, quickly sped away in his black BMW m5. Police and officials arrived on the scene due to a call from a witness who was actually spying on Bradford. The witness's name was Todd McShay. At the scene, Bradford was found writhing in pain, holding his right shoulder, known to be his throwing arm. Furthermore, he claimed that he had lost all knowledge of how to drop back under center due to a concussion he suffered when his head hit the ground when Demoff struck him. Sam Bradford was taken to a nearby hospital, where he is now in stable condition.
    What a sad, sad day to be a Ram.

Last edited by RockinRam; -06-12-2010 at 04:13 PM.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

It's great to see he is open with the fans and able to be accessed. It makes us fans feel good about the front office!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Mooselini View Post
    It's great to see he is open with the fans and able to be accessed. It makes us fans feel good about the front office!

Actually, that was his secretary replying.

TheRammer Guest

You know over the years the front office tards have handed one Bag of Turds to the next bunch of Tards and now that we have some competent FO people you and some others are already wanting to lynch them in front of Rams Park because of the really big bag of flaming turds they were handed? Nay says I!!!!

This ship is finally fricking righting and we have just have to wait it out now to get to our destination...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12