Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: Miami Herald: Rams agree to terms with C Jason Brown

As far as the price goes, think of it this way...

The Redskins just paid $100 Million for a guy who plays the position that would line up directly accross from Brown.

In their head-to-head matchups last year, here's how Haynesworth did:

Game 1: 5 tackles, 0 sacks
    Game 2: 2 tackes, 0 sacks

Not bad, if you ask me.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by codeman123 View Post
    drafting an ot in the first round is really stupid since we have needs outside the oline and its a pretty deep draft. it would be better to wait until round 2 to get someone with the same talent demanding half the amount of money
    Who in the second round are you going to find with the same talent as Jason Smith or Eugene Monrore. You win in the trenches I think it would be a great idea to go tackle, especially with Pace's future in doubt.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by onslaught11 View Post
    Quote:
    If Bartell is resigned, I will hate this more.
    Huh?

I changed that. I meant NOT resigned.
    There is a big difference between signing a CENTER for 7.5 million a year, and signing a DIFFERENCE MAKER for 7.5 million a year ...

Are we overpaying? Sure, but this guy is a DEVASTATING run blocker. Only a hand full of centers in the league capable of the destruction this guy will cause as a lead blocker ...

RedArcher7 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 39thebeast View Post
    Who in the second round are you going to find with the same talent as Jason Smith or Eugene Monrore. You win in the trenches I think it would be a great idea to go tackle, especially with Pace's future in doubt.
    Agreed. Why not take this chance to give yourself the foundation of a solid line. Curry's not a sure thing, and we can get away with the linebackers we have now. This is the perfect oppurtunity to sure up the O-line.

rammiser is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    There is a big difference between signing a CENTER for 7.5 million a year, and signing a DIFFERENCE MAKER for 7.5 million a year ...

Are we overpaying? Sure, but this guy is a DEVASTATING run blocker. Only a hand full of centers in the league capable of the destruction this guy will cause as a lead blocker ...

Ok Infiniti we can go get your boy Bartell. For the record I have nothing against Bartell I just wanted the o-line addressed. Still don't want to overpay for Bartell but if what I've been reading that we can sign Brown,Bartell and Butler before releasing anyone else then I'm all for it.
    Just Fix It

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RedArcher7 View Post
    Agreed. Why not take this chance to give yourself the foundation of a solid line. Curry's not a sure thing, and we can get away with the linebackers we have now. This is the perfect oppurtunity to sure up the O-line.
    Absolutely. When we have a chance to make the OL one of the strongest, if not the strongest element of the team, we do it. I can't get the thought of Bulger with time and Jackson with holes to explode through out of my mind.

I'm actually giddy.

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

This probably means more than likely Holt is gone, and we're keeping Pace

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    Ok Infiniti we can go get your boy Bartell. For the record I have nothing against Bartell I just wanted the o-line addressed. Still don't want to overpay for Bartell but if what I've been reading that we can sign Brown,Bartell and Butler before releasing anyone else then I'm all for it.
    I'm Ram-Drunk at this point. I just want to win, sign whoever it takes to win ...

Can we all agree on that?

Really, I didn't think I'd get excited about Brown, but hell, now we have a mack truck at center. Can't go wrong with that ...

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

I understand why Left Tackles get paid so much, protect the blind side and all that, but centers are the leaders of the offensive line, and they deserved to be paid as such. They can see the whole field and are responsible for making audibles and line shifts. From the sound of it this guy is intelligent, think about going against the Ravens defense in practice. Oh by the way, he is HUGE, he can handle any of the big Nose Guards. AV I LOVED those stats. If he can neutralize a hundred million dollar man, I think we're up by about 63 million I think he deserves every stinking dollar we give him. Its about time we had a solid centerpiece of our O LINE.

And while signing brown has no affect on our tackle situation, draft CURRY!

Quote Originally Posted by C-Mob 71 View Post
    I understand why Left Tackles get paid so much, protect the blind side and all that, but centers are the leaders of the offensive line, and they deserved to be paid as such. They can see the whole field and are responsible for making audibles and line shifts. From the sound of it this guy is intelligent, think about going against the Ravens defense in practice. Oh by the way, he is HUGE, he can handle any of the big Nose Guards. AV I LOVED those stats. If he can neutralize a hundred million dollar man, I think we're up by about 63 million I think he deserves every stinking dollar we give him. Its about time we had a solid centerpiece of our O LINE.

And while signing brown has no affect on our tackle situation, draft CURRY!
    Brown changes the whole dynamic of the offensive line. No longer will we have to have a guard continually helping the center make blocks, especially in pass protection. The guards can help on the outside some, you might actually see us pick up the blitz for a change!

Bar-bq is online now Pro Bowl Ram

This is excellent news. Over the moon about this one. Our offseason puzzle continues to crystallize.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Re: Its official! Brown a ram!

How does getting a center stop us from getting a tackle... the smarter option IMO is keep building the line with Smith Or Monroe
    Agreed. Even with the added addition of a solid center, our tackle positions are still a mess.

KoaKoi is offline Registered User

Great signing Steven Jackson is probably high fiving any person he sees
    oh, i'm sure bulger is standing right there next to him... high fiving each other over and over

Bar-bq is online now Pro Bowl Ram

This from ESPN
    Quote Originally Posted by ESPN.com's Mike Sando
    The Rams' decisive move for free-agent Ravens center Jason Brown, who has agreed to terms on a five-year deal, gives them a starting point from which to rebuild their offensive line.

Matt Williamson of Scouts Inc. shared a few thoughts on Brown earlier in the day, when it became apparent Brown would probably sign with the Rams. His breakdown:

"[Brown] is a perfect AFC North, AFC East kind of guy with lots of big nose tackles in those divisions. In the NFC West, I'm sure he'll do fine. He does have a hard time with speed and quickness, but he is a big, physical dude.

This move lends itself to saying, 'We're going to give Steven Jackson the rock.' That makes a lot of sense."

The Rams have been playing with backup centers in the starting lineup. Brown changes that overnight. His presence should upgrade both guard spots. And if the Rams draft a tackle with the second overall pick, as expected, the future of their line brightens further.

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

LoL "That makes a lot of sense." I love it.

Defenses are no longer going to look forward to playing the Rams, because they will leave the Dome beat up and bruised.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast