Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Ramblin` Ram
  • 1 Post By ManofGod

Thread: Michael Brockers

mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User

Michael Brockers

I saw a lot of analysts give the Rams grief for trading down and missing out on Fletcher Cox and Dontari Poe but Brockers has been more effective than both(though Cox has slightly better stats but has played way more).

Jenkins has got most of the hype but Brockers has played a huge part in our success.

J-RodRamFan is offline Registered User

Re: Michael Brockers

Can't remember who it was but he chased someone down before they got the first down. Brockers has hustle.

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by J-RodRamFan View Post
    Can't remember who it was but he chased someone down before they got the first down. Brockers has hustle.
    was that the sideline tackle he made? i saw that and couldn`t believe that a NT could cover so much field.i think he may have had cramp in both his legs when he done his 40 because he`s not supposed to be that quick.

Brockers sure brings his A-game when we play the Niners.they have probably the best O-line in football currently but when they face our D-line,in both games they have been made to look far from it.

i`m loving Brockers..he still has a bit to learn but for a Rookie NT he is way ahead of where he should be this early into his career.
    J-RodRamFan likes this.

J-RodRamFan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ramblin` Ram View Post
    was that the sideline tackle he made? i saw that and couldn`t believe that a NT could cover so much field.i think he may have had cramp in both his legs when he done his 40 because he`s not supposed to be that quick.

Brockers sure brings his A-game when we play the Niners.they have probably the best O-line in football currently but when they face our D-line,in both games they have been made to look far from it.

i`m loving Brockers..he still has a bit to learn but for a Rookie NT he is way ahead of where he should be this early into his career.
    Exactly the play I'm talking about. Can't remember who it was, they could have went into high gear if Brockers didn't make that play. Not many DT's would have attempted to catch that man, let alone a rookie.

ManofGod is online now Registered User

Chasing down a guy is fine, but its the pass rush up the middle (or lack thereof) that has me the most concerned about our defensive front.
    UK Ramfan 83 likes this.

shower beers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ManofGod View Post
    Chasing down a guy is fine, but its the pass rush up the middle (or lack thereof) that has me the most concerned about our defensive front.
    Brockers wasn't really drafted for that role though. He was primarily a run stuffer, and he's been doing an excellent job of that. The stats show that Gore didn't manage much more rushing yardage than Jackson did (58 yards on 23 carries for a run heavy team), and Brockers was a big part of that.

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

Frank Gore 23 carries 58 yards. yeah i`m concerned about the pass rush up the middle too.

we could do with a true UT to go with Brockers but for me it`s about 5th on the priority list behind a OT,OG,FS,SS. and tied with TE.

sosa39rams is online now Registered User

You don't draft a 6'5 322 lb NT to be an effective pass rusher. Sure, we would all love it if he was, but he was taken to help stop the run first and foremost. Of course the coaching staff will continue to develop his hand usage and pass rush techniques so he can become more effective, but as of right now he's been terrific.

And yeah when he chased down Michael Crabtree on that 10 yard hook, I was like DAMN, go get em Big Brock!

THE DREAM TEAM

ManofGod is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    You don't draft a 6'5 322 lb NT to be an effective pass rusher. Sure, we would all love it if he was, but he was taken to help stop the run first and foremost. Of course the coaching staff will continue to develop his hand usage and pass rush techniques so he can become more effective, but as of right now he's been terrific.

And yeah when he chased down Michael Crabtree on that 10 yard hook, I was like DAMN, go get em Big Brock!
    So in passing situations we either:
    A. Take him out and replace him with a DT that can rush the passer.
    B. Blitz
    C. Keep him in and rush with basically 3 guys

Sorry guys, but at the end of the day I want a guy that can both rush the passer & stop the run.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

B. Blitz

Sorry guys, but at the end of the day I want a guy that can both rush the passer & stop the run.
    He has 2.5 sacks in 10 games played. Richard Seymour, Gerald McCoy, Brandon Mebane and Fletcher Cox have 3.0 each.

Truth is, there are not many DTs in this league who get a lot of sacks. Geno Atkins (Bengals) is the only DT in the league right now with more than 6 sacks for the year.

I think Brockers will develop as a pass rusher, but he probably won't ever have more than 7-8 sacks in a year.

mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User

B. Blitz

please name all of these great pass rushing 2/3 technique dt's who also are great at stuffing the run? There are barely 10 dt's with more than the 3 sacks Brockers has and that's with missing 3 games and most of the entire preseason. Brockers has more or an equal number of sacks as some of the best Dt's in the game as a 21 year old rookie.

I shouldn't even have to explain how silly it is to judge a 21 year old rookie on his rookie year but maybe I have to since you are expecting a 1 or 2 technique tackle to be a great pass rusher. That's like expecting an 4-3 linebacker to have double digit sacks.