Results 1 to 2 of 2
Michael Lombardi drops some Rams tidbits in his latest article
Notes From Lombardi
By Michael Lombardi
Posted January 5, 2009
FIVE THINGS I HEAR….
1. I hear the Cowboys are not sweating the notion of losing Jason Garrett to another team as a head coach. They are actually hoping this might happen.
2. I hear the Broncos were not enamored or impressed with Steve Spagnuolo and he does not seem to be the frontrunner. However, they were very impressed with Josh McDaniels of the Patriots, and he might be the favorite now. The Broncos might be on a fast track to hire a coach this week. Moving up the Raheem Morris interview means they might want to move quickly.
3. I hear — and keep hearing — it is Eric Mangini’s job in Cleveland, and he is already assembling a staff.
4. I hear Winston Moss, the Packers’ linebackers coach, might be the team’s new defensive coordinator.
5. I hear there are several teams interested in Vikings defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier, and now that he’s out of the playoffs, his interview process can speed along. I hear the Rams and the Lions are major players interested in his services and I would not be surprised if he got one of those jobs.
FIVE THINGS I KNOW….
1. That Jim Harbaugh of Stanford University will be a great head coach, and the Jets’,Rams’ and Lions’ interest in him is not surprising at all.
2. The Broncos have a better young offensive coach on their staff in Jeremy Bates than the Cowboys have in offensive coordinator Jason Garrett. The NFL is all about perception, and very few watch tape to learn the real story. What did Garrett do this year to deserve an interview?
3. The Chargers are going to be better off without LT in their game against the Steelers. To beat the Steelers, you must have quickness and explosive movement, and right now, based on his injury, LT has neither.
4. The Eagles will have to bring Donovan McNabb back, and this is not even up for discussion. They have too many other needs, especially at tackle, to make a move at quarterback.
5. No one will ever get control of the Raiders at any point in the next 3 to 5 years. The Raiders’ future does not include the family giving away controlling interest. I do know the Raiders would like to sell another 10 percent of the team, but not their controlling interest. I have no idea who would be interested in buying 10 percent with no say and no control.
Re: Michael Lombardi drops some Rams tidbits in his latest article
Well done on the 5 things I hear part of the article.
By RamWraith in forum RAM TALKReplies: 5Last Post: -11-23-2008, 08:57 PM
By RamWraith in forum RAM TALKReplies: 2Last Post: -02-06-2008, 12:24 PM
By RamWraith in forum RAM TALKReplies: 0Last Post: -01-05-2008, 09:34 AM
By RamWraith in forum RAM TALKReplies: 0Last Post: -10-14-2007, 08:47 PM
By RamWraith in forum RAM TALKReplies: 0Last Post: -10-07-2007, 07:55 PM