Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    moklerman is offline Registered User

Mike Martz interview (video) that's pretty good.

http://www.members.aol.com/ramsstlfootball/Martz.rm

I stole this from another board so my compliments to whoever posted it originally.

Re: Mike Martz interview (video) that's pretty good.

All in all this was a pretty good interview and further eximplifies Martz's confounded nature. I've said before, in interviews he seems like a really likable guy to me but I just can't get past some (a lot) of the things he does or is part of as the head coach of the Rams. I guess I'm never going to really like the guy.

One thing I found somewhat surprising is that he listed Bill Walsh as the most influential coach. I would have guessed Coryell or Gilliam or someone like that rather than a west coast offense guy. Martz and Walsh seem to be so different it's kind on interesting that that's Martz's choice on the subject. Steve Young as the best qb on top of that. I didn't realize Martz had that kind of interest in the *****.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Thanks for posting the link, Mok. This guy seems to be asking some pretty valid and good questions. The question about slighting Warner, I was surprised that came up. I also liked Martz's explanation about using timeouts, though he didn't list Bill Walsh as the most influential coach, but the best offensive mind of the game. Steve Young was named as his favorite to watch. But yeah, his interest in the Whiners is interesting. And is it me, or does Martz's wife sort of look like him a bit?
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

RamWraith is offline Registered User

How can you not like the guy. I question him at times...but man, you can tell he has a plan and a passion for the game. I LOVE THE RAMS!! How many days until the season starts??

Thanks Mok for the link.

theodus69 is offline Registered User

Well he hit on alot of things that I have wondreed about. Seems like more of a class act , then a moron. the Turley thing was good, I'm not sure of recent developments on that, but if he really sees it like that....bring the wild man back!!!!!!
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

how can you not like the guy.

Randy Moss .............. out of work ................ Bwahahahahahahaa

psycho9985 is offline Registered User

Hey Dez you should have made Moss out of work a thread. I like the interview with Martz.He brings things to the game nobody has done before,not even Don C. in San D. Our receivers have never accumulated these kind of numbers,and Marshall Faulk? need I say more.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

One thing I found somewhat surprising is that he listed Bill Walsh as the most influential coach.
    Steve Young as the best qb on top of that.
    I can't believe this has been posted for 17 hours and RamTime hasn't exploded yet. He must not be feeling well.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

I can't believe this has been posted for 17 hours and RamTime hasn't exploded yet. He must not be feeling well
    Yeah, my hatred for the Niners has diminished quite a bit over the last few years but I still got a little torked when Martz was proclaiming admiration for them. I appreciate him being honest but c'mon! Sometimes a lie might work better. Just goes to show there is very little L.A. blood left in the Rams.

I'm also surprised that basically no one has even said anything about these quotes. I remember a time not too long ago that those would have been "fightin' words". Anyone else remember the joy of watching Hacksaw, Wendell Tyler, Marques Pope, etc. play pretty good for us then go to the Niners and play great? Man, that used to piss me off. Okay, it still pisses me off.

I guess since the Niner's aren't a threat as of now, it kinda gets thrown by the wayside! but used to have a sweatshirt that I wore in Niner territory that said San Fransico Sucks! I made a lot of enemies with that one!Growing up 80 miles from the bay, that wasn't the shirt of The niner fans choice! :tough:

txramsfan is offline Registered User

I will always hate the whiners

I will always hope they go 0 for everything

I will always hate the whiners

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Got on my whiner soapbox there for a moment: I will always hate the whiners.

Ok, back to the topic. I don't care how many timeouts the man may burn in one series, even the opening series. I don't care how many times the man calls a pass play, I don't care if he throwed the ball on every down. If Mike Martz can get this team to the playoffs 4 out of every 5 years, I'll take it. He can perceive to lie to every one of you, I won't care. Just get me to the playoffs. You can't win it if you aren't in it.

fearlessone is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by moklerman
    Yeah, my hatred for the Niners has diminished quite a bit over the last few years but I still got a little torked when Martz was proclaiming admiration for them. I appreciate him being honest but c'mon! Sometimes a lie might work better. Just goes to show there is very little L.A. blood left in the Rams.

I'm also surprised that basically no one has even said anything about these quotes. I remember a time not too long ago that those would have been "fightin' words". Anyone else remember the joy of watching Hacksaw, Wendell Tyler, Marques Pope, etc. play pretty good for us then go to the Niners and play great? Man, that used to piss me off. Okay, it still pisses me off.

You are still pissed off too! Brilliant!

OFF TOPIC!

Back in the days when the LA Rams were battling the ***** in the playoffs, I could only take so much of the $hitty calls and poor RAMS play that I would go surfing at Campus Point which was frequented by many ***** and RAMS fans and start exclaiming that Montana went down with a concussion and the RAMS were going to the SuperBowl.

Needless to say almost everyone would get out of the water and rush home to catch the rest of the second half. This would allow me and my bro's to take advantage of the less crowded point waves.

This was awesome except the RAMS were losing. Some guys hated me for this but since I am 6' 4" and built like a TE they usually got over pretty quickly.

God I miss those days!
    Socrates: Surf to live! and Live to Surf!

I was once at Aneheim watching the *****'s and the Rams Play. I was walking behind one of my Buddy's , when he grabbed a cap off a ***** fans head and threw it almost to the feild below. The reason it went pretty far was it had about 900 pins on it. Then my Buddy pointed at me as if it was I who threw it. A fight broke out and Fearless if I was your size I might have Fared better in the 8 on 2 brawl! :redface:

fearlessone is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by theodus69
    I was once at Aneheim watching the *****'s and the Rams Play. I was walking behind one of my Buddy's , when he grabbed a cap off a ***** fans head and threw it almost to the feild below. The reason it went pretty far was it had about 900 pins on it. Then my Buddy pointed at me as if it was I who threw it. A fight broke out and Fearless if I was your size I might have Fared better in the 8 on 2 brawl! :redface:
    Theodus,

I would have backed you up.

GOD knows how much I hate Bay Area fans especially ***** fans. Sounds like a typical ***** fight.
    Socrates: Surf to live! and Live to Surf!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast