392. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yea

347 88.52%
  • Nea

45 11.48%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shadesofgrey Guest

Mike Martz>>Yea or Nea

I'm curious what the general consensus here in Clanrams is in regard to Martz's status a head coach. Is it time for a change, or is it time to stand behind our Head Coach??? :ramlogo:

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: Mike Martz>>Yea or Nea

I voted "yea," because I don't think it is ever a good idea to change coaches in the middle of a season.

Ask me again at the end of the year.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

I get frustrated with him at times, but it won't do the team any good to change coaches now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Shadesofgrey Guest

Sorry, I meant after the season...

thoey is offline Registered User

I voted Yea too, but just like the others just because it would be worse to change mid-season. I didn't read Shale's post until I have already voted.

Anything less than 8-8, time to go. And right now, I think 8-8 might be a reach...
    This space for rent...

RamTime Guest

I don't want anyone else to have Martz yet I don't want him on the sidelines during crunch time. I posted earlier this year (actually after the Redskins pre-season game) that I believed we would be in allot of close games this year and I wanted to see how Martz would handle the situation. Well we played the Raiders the following week and in a close game he added a new twist when he admitted he didn't know the score and was playing for FG position. Then we had the game Vs New Orleans last week that went into overtime because.... because... Hell I have no idea why he thought a squib kick was in order. If Wilkins had not been pounding the ball into the end zone on his previous kickoffs then one may be able to make an unreasonable at best argument as to why it was necessary but this just boggles any rational thought. Then we can back up to the Carolina game and during crunch time he allowed a tiring defense to rest while settling for a field goal. I want Martz but I want him to think smarter. I want him to stop taking the advantage away from the Rams when it counts. I want Martz but I want him only if he wises up.

SFCRamFan Guest

Thumbs down Re: Mike Martz>>Yea or Nea

If we are a sub .500 team at the end of the year, which means that the defense and special teams have not improved (Trade Marks for the most part under Martz) then he might need to seek employment elsewhere after this season. Mr. Contradiction and Arrogance needs to get it together now.

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

MY vote is "Eh." Wake me when it's all over.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

The guy comes off a 12-4 season and close double overtime game with the NFC champs, and people are willing to discard him if he has a bad season. That's very ridiculous, IMO. I think if he has a bad season this year, he's on the hot seat. But I certainly don't think you fire him based on what happens this season.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

sprtsmac Guest

This is how I see it...Martz is already on the hot seat; has been since the 2002 season. Yes, we were 12-4 last year; but very easily could have been 9-7. I voted to keep him, even if we have a losing season this year. But if the team quits on him before the season is over, then a change will need to be made.

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

I am undecided. I think Martz may not be aware of what the ST or defensive coaches are doing. This is not right. He should, as head coach, be knowledgable of ALL of the things going on with the team. Perhaps he is 'micromanaging' everything instead of overseeing what is going on. Maybe he is focusing too much on Bulger. Or trying to come up with some off-the-wall offensive play that will blow the socks off every team in the NFC. Maybe, as I read elsewhere on the board, he might be suffering from some mental disease or impairment. (And I am NOT being a smartass here. There are many medical conditions which affect memory and concentration, such as Alzheimer's.)
    I cannot blame Martz alone for the way the team is playing. The blame rests on more than one. In the military, the commander is responsible for the actions of his troops. Martz is the Ram's commander. He needs to accept responsibility, then CHANGE things.
    I say let's see what happens. Who knows, this may be a deliberate ploy to sucker the other teams into thinking we lost our skills, then after game 4, we kick on the Nitrous and run at full power.
    After all, it is only week 4 coming up. We could concieveably go 14-2 this season. I doubt that we will do THAT good, but look at it this way.....

We still have a better record than the Chiefs!!!!

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

I agree with Ramtime, I wouldn't want Martz to be with another team, as an offensive coordinator. As a head coach, that doesn't worry me all that much. I really want the guy to get his act together and at least get us a winning season and a chance at the playoffs. If he can manage that, I'd be inclined to want him back, if not, the experiment should be over.

maineram Guest

Nea - As much as I love what he's been able to do with the Rams offense, he is much better suited to be an OC. I cringed the day Vermeil retired and Martz was promoted to HC. He has done some great things in his years as HC, but has done so many bone headed things as well. What I think is too bad, especially for me as a huge Rams fan, is his on the job training as a HC. With all the talent that we finally assembled after years of humiliation and have the team under achieve with the problems that crop up time and time again, is unexceptable. I love that he gives them a chance to succeed with this offense, then always finding a way to screw things up is what gets me.
    I am a Rams fan first, players & coaches come and go. To me, Martz is not bigger than the Rams.

Maineram :ramlogo:

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

To me, Martz is not bigger than the Rams.
    Great Point.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by sprtsmac
    Yes, we were 12-4 last year; but very easily could have been 9-7.
    But we weren't! You can't blame him for what could have happened!

If he doesn't get things together this season, then I think he's on the hot seat for 2005. But I can't see any circumstance where the Rams would fire him after this season, nor do I think he should be.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast