Thread: Mikey interview

psycho9985 is offline Registered User

Mikey interview

My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Mikey interview

It's always a tough thing when you're game book is filled with 2-TE sets and you're top TE goes down early.

P.S. How enormous must the playbook be when it carries 30 plays for the backup FS/ part-time 5th receiver Mike Furrey?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Yodude is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    It's always a tough thing when you're game book is filled with 2-TE sets and you're top TE goes down early.
    Why should that matter? I would think your offensive personnel would be familiar with the entire playbook, not just the plays you plan on running that game. I could see where this might disrupt your offense for a quarter or so, but I would think that this is an adjustment the the coaching staff and players should be able to make just by changing your playcalling.
    Clannie Nominee for ClanRam's Thickest Poster

txramsfan is offline Registered User

The Rams tend to have a majority of their running plays associated with a 2 TE set. When you don't dress one and then one goes down with an injury, the Rams lose blocking power.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Yodude
    Why should that matter? I would think your offensive personnel would be familiar with the entire playbook, not just the plays you plan on running that game. I could see where this might disrupt your offense for a quarter or so, but I would think that this is an adjustment the the coaching staff and players should be able to make just by changing your playcalling.
    I would think the players are familiar with the entire playbook, but each game will focus on certain plays within the book based on what the offense sees as the best strategy against a particular defense. When that strategy is taken out, they have to go with a contigency which may have seen limited time on the practice field the week before.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod