Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Miklasz: More wins will require more points ..

Truth is offline Registered User

Re: Miklasz: More wins will require more points ..

Quote Originally Posted by macrammer View Post
    Funny. This thing for Bernie bashing. I do not care for him one way or another. But if you can get past the Bernie part, he does bring up some points that are not totally useless.
    My issue with Bernie is that I usually have to read through a lot of filler to find the points that are not "totally useless."

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by live4ramin View Post
    Honestly, the obligatory bashing is causing me to drift away from this site. I suggest to the BM reactionaries here that they occasionally get some news and opinion from someone other than themselves. It's getting tiresome boys.
    I have to admit that when I posted this particular article by Bernie, I considered a smart ass comment, pretty much along the lines Nick posted. The mere title of the article invites comment. More points needed to win? That’s a stunner! However …

There have been times when the criticism of Bernie has been downright mean spirited and contemptuous, at least from my perspective. Perhaps live4ramin, you and a few others feel this as well on occasion. Some of us I guess don’t like to see someone continually denigrated, put down, bullied – whatever description best suits. On the other hand, one cannot deny that Bernie does set himself up for criticism/sarcasm now and then, by writing articles such as this one.

This is a football forum, and everyone has a right to their particular opinion, whether it concerns coaches, players, sports writers whatever. Bernie certainly comes up with some real doozies now and then to be sure. He also occasionally writes some good stuff too. In the end, he’s just another working stiff like most of us, trying to earn a living, put food on the table, and pay his bills. Tex (a former moderator who mysteriously disappeared from this forum) once told me he’d met Bernie personally a few times, and spoke very highly of him as a person, really liked him.

Bottom line: Bernie will no doubt continue to be “Bernie,” and thus continue to draw fire. Whatever - I’m glad we have Bernie, warts and all. I look forward to more of his “stuff”

Rambos is offline Registered User

OK I will jump in... I have always hated reading local sports writers. The one thing I don't miss since the Rams left LA is local sport writers and their opinions on the Rams.

The irony?

Truth is, personally I don't care for the guy. It has absolutely nothing to do with how I analyze his play; that's an entirely separate issue. And I'm proud to say that my personal feelings never enter into my analyses of an athlete. Sam can be pretty snotty in his dealings with us. He doesn't have much to say, either. All of which is OK... but it's not as if I have any personal fondness for the man. I don't. But I will continue to evaluate him honestly and fairly, and it bugs me when others won't make the attempt to do so.

Thank you...

-B
    Bernie spends more time trying to be controversial then being a true insider and providing insight into the Rams. Most of the stuff he writes is just to get a response or a rise out of the fan base. He spends most of his time writing about Bradford which is a hot button and will always get a reaction.

Not sure what he is referring to with comments like this.. Sam can be pretty snotty in his dealings with us. I have never heard Jim Thomas or Tony Sofli and or anyone else make statements like this.

If anyone knows of any thing that would justify Bernie's comments please share them.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion.

From my perspective, Bernie is rude and condescending to anyone who does not kiss his ample posterior. He has, on many occasions, publicly denigrated the Rams' fan base.

So, if he's going to use his pulpit for those purposes, I believe it is fair game to critique his columns. Again, from my perspective, the majority of his writings fall into one of two categories: (1) deliberate pot-stirring by focusing on the opinions of RamsTalk trolls; or (2) Captain Obvious columns.

I've never suggested that his stuff should not be posted here, but there shouldn't be any restrictions on how fans choose to react either.

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    OK I will jump in... I have always hated reading local sports writers. The one thing I don't miss since the Rams left LA is local sport writers and their opinions on the Rams.

Bernie spends more time trying to be controversial then being a true insider and providing insight into the Rams. Most of the stuff he writes is just to get a response or a rise out of the fan base. He spends most of his time writing about Bradford which is a hot button and will always get a reaction.

Not sure what he is referring to with comments like this.. Sam can be pretty snotty in his dealings with us. I have never heard Jim Thomas or Tony Sofli and or anyone else make statements like this.

If anyone knows of any thing that would justify Bernie's comments please share them.
    I had not seen that quote before.... interesting.

This is another Bernie theme that I'm not a fan of: making himself part of the story. Its also consistent with my observation that Bernie rejects people who don't kiss up to him and treat him like he's something special.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Well, let's say the Rams score more points this year, considerably more...

Wouldn't you just like to read a lengthy, proverbial "I told you so" from BM!

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

When Bernie writes something worthwhile, I gladly give him credit for it. My problem with him is his schtick. His whole "I'm smarter than all of you, and you're lucky I even deign to give you literary scraps from my columnist table" nonsense just really gripes me. It's on par with Burwell's "my opinion speaks for 'the people'" routine.

I just wish the guy would stick to reporting what he finds from his channels in the Rams organization. His columns should not be autobiographical.
    AvengerRam likes this.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    His columns should not be autobiographical.
    That was worded perfectly. In fact, so perfectly, I think I'll quote it again:

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    His columns should not be autobiographical.
    sosa39rams likes this.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam View Post
    Well, let's say the Rams score more points this year, considerably more...

Wouldn't you just like to read a lengthy, proverbial "I told you so" from BM!
    If he just limited it to that "I told you so," It wouldn't be so bad. Lengthy and proverbial, not so much ..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12