Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Varg6 is online now Registered User

Minicamp Stories-Rams (John Clayton's Report)

4. Carriker to the rescue: Adam Carriker could be a savior for the Rams at defensive tackle. With defensive end Jamaal Anderson off the board, Carriker was the natural pick at No. 13. Over the weekend, the Rams held a rookie minicamp, and Carriker was a revelation to coaches. What the Rams love about Carriker is how coachable he is. Last year, the Rams couldn't get defensive tackle Jimmy Kennedy to do the proper techniques in helping them stop the run. They wanted him to wrestle blockers in a two-gap approach. He just wouldn't do it. Consequently, the Rams finished 31st against the run. Carriker is a technician. At Nebraska, the defensive linemen challenged one another to work well with their hands. Two-gapping isn't going to be a problem for Carriker. The Rams have been horrible stopping the run for years. During minicamp, Carriker offered hope.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Country is offline Registered User

Re: Minicamp Stories-Rams (John Clayton's Report)

The saviour is here, Long Live the Carriker.

mikhal5569 is offline Registered User

here's hoping.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post
    4. Last year, the Rams couldn't get defensive tackle Jimmy Kennedy to do the proper techniques in helping them stop the run. They wanted him to wrestle blockers in a two-gap approach. He just wouldn't do it. Consequently, the Rams finished 31st against the run.
    So Jimmy "The Dead" Kennedy couldn't be bothered to follow his coach's instructions. He can't be bothered to do everything that will help the Rams win. I guess not only is he fat, lazy, and worthless; but apparently we can add 'obstinate' to his resume as well. I'm really starting to despise this jerk (I didn't think that was possible until I read this article). Man, I'm going to cheer for all the DT rooks we have like, C. Ryan, A. Carriker, and K. Jackson to beat this hunk of junk out and get his ***** perpendicular out of town.

WHAT SAY YE?

MASSIVE is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMarkable View Post
    So Jimmy "The Dead" Kennedy couldn't be bothered to follow his coach's instructions. He can't be bothered to do everything that will help the Rams win. I guess not only is he fat, lazy, and worthless; but apparently we can add 'obstinate' to his resume as well. I'm really starting to despise this jerk (I didn't think that was possible until I read this article). Man, I'm going to cheer for all the DT rooks we have like, C. Ryan, A. Carriker, and K. Jackson to beat this hunk of junk out and get his ***** perpendicular out of town.

WHAT SAY YE?
    I couldn't agree with you more, It's time to cut this bum and give the rookies a shot. I don't think they could be any worse then that fat, heartless chump.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MASSIVE View Post
    I couldn't agree with you more, It's time to cut this bum and give the rookies a shot. I don't think they could be any worse then that fat, heartless chump.
    I think "heartless" just might say it all.

WHAT SAY YE?

smizzhfx is offline Registered User

A little harsh, no? He is a human being.

I agree the guy has not heart and can't even be bothered to be coached.

I agree dump Kennedy and go with the youth movement at DT and let some hungry players onto the field.

general counsel is offline Registered User

dumping kennedy makes no sense in my opinion. There is no guarantee at all that any of these guys are any better. We are going to need depth at the position, since when are completely unproven rookies anything to count on.

People are confusing kennedy failing to meet expectations, which i completely agree with, with the idea that he cant play at all. Just ask the carolina fans what they think of damione lewis and they will tell you that he played pretty well last year. Good enough as the #12 pick in the draft? Of course not, but plenty good as a rotational tackle for reasonable money. Dumpign kennedy right now solves absolutely nothing. He is in a contract year, i would rather take the chance that the competition motivates him for future money.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    dumping kennedy makes no sense in my opinion. There is no guarantee at all that any of these guys are any better. We are going to need depth at the position, since when are completely unproven rookies anything to count on.

People are confusing kennedy failing to meet expectations, which i completely agree with, with the idea that he cant play at all. Just ask the carolina fans what they think of damione lewis and they will tell you that he played pretty well last year. Good enough as the #12 pick in the draft? Of course not, but plenty good as a rotational tackle for reasonable money. Dumpign kennedy right now solves absolutely nothing. He is in a contract year, i would rather take the chance that the competition motivates him for future money.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    I am not saying to dump him now, but make him earn his spot in camp and if he fails to meet expectations of being a good starting NT then you drop him like he is hot. If he has success on another team god for him he can talk to Adam Carriker about what Hawaii looks like in Febuary.

marccat is offline Registered User

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    Hey G.C. I'm new to this cyber world and tried to answer the private message but it was way smarter ! Thanks bro!!!

marccat is offline Registered User

As to this Kennedy jive I go along with your take. He actually played a few games real tough and got hurt,right? Well Im hoping Carriker lights him up and puts the want to back in em'! Would that not be to cool two young studs tearin' it up inside driving O coaches bonkers.... could happen.

z.nrd Guest

There is no guarantee at all that any of these guys are any better.
    Yes there is.

Which is not, however, to say that these guys will be very good.

It's just hard NOT to be better than the clueless millionaire-without-a-heart who anchored the 2nd worst run defense in the league last year.

I don't think you fully realize just how bad Kennedy was last year.

Varg6 is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Country View Post
    I am not saying to dump him now, but make him earn his spot in camp and if he fails to meet expectations of being a good starting NT then you drop him like he is hot. If he has success on another team god for him he can talk to Adam Carriker about what Hawaii looks like in Febuary.
    That is what Carriker has to do...earn the spot. Honestly, Carriker sounds great, and the more I read about him, the more I love the #13 pick. However, we must remember he is a rookie. And basically saying this guy is going to save our horrid run defense is absurd at this point. We're really saying that we're going to depend on a guy on his first year, switching from end to tackle? I know we're desperate, but patience is virtue. I don't expect Carriker to be a God his first day at training camp, or first game or first season for that matter...He needs to develop, just like any other rookie. But I do have faith..........

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

So now Kennedy is heartless? The same Kennedy that screwed up his leg in '04 camp, and managed to play 9 games on an injury that should have been season ending? The same Kennedy that banged up his wrist in week 1 last season, yet didn't miss a game? The same Kennedy that played NT for the first time in his life last year?

I make no apologies for Kennedy....he hasn't played up to potential. Joe Pa's monster that made Michael Haynes an NCAA star never made it to St. Louis. And for the life of me, I don't know why. IMO, he got bad advice from Lavar Arrington, but he's his own man and should have overcome that. But I digress.

However, we (Rams fans) have made Kennedy the scapegoat for this defenses troubles. He's "A" problem, not "THE" problem with our run D.

But to call him "heartless"? Pisa plays hurt (in his natural position), and he has more heart than an Ann & Nancy Wilson fan club. But when Kennedy plays hurt (in a new position), he's heartless?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast