Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ScottD413 is offline Registered User

Re: Missing Martz ??? I say yes

Quote Originally Posted by UtterBlitz View Post
    ...I miss Kevin Curtis too....
    Amen Brother! I have no idea why we let him go...

RealRam is offline Registered User

A rather moot point, to "want" Mad Coach Martz right now but, I see and honor your thought, LGRams.

Nevertheless, we could spend the rest of the season speculating on 'what if's' of the MM kind and I for one DO defend him.

Indeed, I believe that even with our current state of affairs, i.e., the way the offense stands, he would have managed to get our players to score, probably 27 points and even more likely, had won today's game. That comes about from being knowledgeable, creative, and aggressive. And that's what Coach Martz is all about.

So in that respect, I do miss MM. And UtterBlitz, I too miss KC (of course, we'd still have him with Coach Martz around and this receiver would be scoring like he did today). On the other hand, we might still be complaining about early time outs, Martzinian ego, and so forth. Same old...

But not about the failure to score points and be 0-3. :r
    Last edited by RealRam; -09-23-2007 at 09:20 PM. Reason: Format

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    No offensive mind, Martz included, would be able to get much from this offense with the state of the OL, no way.
    Quote Originally Posted by bruce4life View Post
    IM SICK AND TIRED OF EVERYONE BLAMING OUR OFFENSIVE WOES ON JUST THE OLINE... LOOK AT THE PATRIOTS OLINE THROUGHOUT THE YEARS... EVERY YEAR THEY RETOOL ON OFFENSE WITHOUT MISSING A BEAT... ITS THE OFFENSIVE PLAYCALLING WHATS KILLING US PLAIN AND SIMPLE.. YA JACKSON PICKED UP HIS 30 CARRIES BUT WHEN IT MATTERED HE WAS NO WHERE TO BE FOUND...

BULGER LOOKS TO BENNETT WAY TOO MUCH IN THE RED ZONE... MCMICHAEL IS A SPECTACULAR RECEIVER USE HIM..... LONG SEASON AHEAD OF US....

ITS JUST A SHAME WE'RE LETTING THIS DEFENSE GO TO WASTE
    Take a breath, relax. I don't think Mike is only blaming the O-Line, but the fact is the O-Line is a huge part of our problem so until they come together get used to people placing some blame on them. I don't like our playcalling so far and it is some of the problem, but so is the O-Line.

The Pats are the exception, not the rule when it comes to plugging in players. If it was as easy as the Pats make it look, everybody would be doing it wouldn't they.
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    The backhanded compliments about Austin Davis are amusing.

fearlessone is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by UtterBlitz View Post
    I miss Mike Martz and I miss Kevin Curtis too....
    I totally concur. Maybe he wasn't the greatest HC but he would not lose to a TB 24-3:\:\:\

Linesham must go. Before the injuries he was out coached and I have seen better
    playcalling from three blind mice.

Jackson can't run if there are only bandaids in front of him. If one truly paid any attention to his efforts, he was fighting for every yard by himself most of the game.

Kevin Curtis would at least spread the opposing secondary some. Bennett and Bruce look like minor leaguers ...

I feel for SY and MB BIGTIME!!!

GEAUX LSU is all I have right now!
    Socrates: Surf to live! and Live to Surf!

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

I thought the object was to win, not worry about if Steven Jackson is happy or not.

I know Linehan is trying to put his stamp on this team, but we are not a running team. We are a passing team that can run, so the game plan should reflect that. The game plans for Carolina and TB were horrible.

We are at our best when Bulger is throwing the ball downfield. This conservative, checkdown passing game does not suit this team and frustrates the hell out of me.

I hope you're listening (Linehan), we're used to 300 yard passing games here. So get the damn ball down the field.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Under Mike Martz, Mike Furrey and Sean McDonald can consistently get open.

Under Scott Linehan, Torry Holt, Isaac Bruce and Drew Bennett cannot.

Just sayin'...

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce View Post
    Take a breath, relax. I don't think Mike is only blaming the O-Line, but the fact is the O-Line is a huge part of our problem so until they come together get used to people placing some blame on them. I don't like our playcalling so far and it is some of the problem, but so is the O-Line.
    This about sums it up. IMO, the problems on the offensive line are definitely not the only issue with the offense, but they are the biggest and I'll keep saying it as long as it's a reality. For the record, I do think the play calling is becoming a worry and needs to be addressed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12