• shutdown corner

21 29.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

The missing pieces

What pieces of this team are missing to make us a .500 or better

Personally i think we are only missing 4 major pieces

Quarter back- self explanatory, bulger is getting old and declining in accuracy by the year. We need a replacment.

#1 receiver- Someone to throw to even when he is covered, someone that our new qb can trust to make "that" catch everytime

Dominant DE- Chris long is developing and little has been great but is also the oldest member of our team. We need a guy like jared allen to strike fear in to the opposing qb's mind

Shutdown corner- Bartell has been a disappointment in my mind, no he hasnt been bad but he isn't what I had hoped either we need a a really good shutdown corner. Someone to jump the routes and grab a few int's

So what do you think we need to get to .500 or better.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Re: The missing pieces

Quote Originally Posted by 01d 0rd3r View Post
    What pieces of this team are missing to make us a .500 or better

Personally i think we are only missing 4 major pieces

Quarter back- self explanatory, bulger is getting old and declining in accuracy by the year. We need a replacment.

#1 receiver- Someone to throw to even when he is covered, someone that our new qb can trust to make "that" catch everytime

Dominant DE- Chris long is developing and little has been great but is also the oldest member of our team. We need a guy like jared allen to strike fear in to the opposing qb's mind

Shutdown corner- Bartell has been a disappointment in my mind, no he hasnt been bad but he isn't what I had hoped either we need a a really good shutdown corner. Someone to jump the routes and grab a few int's

So what do you think we need to get to .500 or better.
    We need a dominant defensive line in general, a massive DT to plug up the holes. Carriker hasn't been available to do that... We also need some youth at LB. I know Spags isn't into drafting high round LBs, and I agree with that. But Paris Lenon is obviously not the answer. I'm not sure whether or not Vobora is either. I don't see the games that often so I can't say if he's a genuine keeper or not.

It certainly seems like the offensive line is gelling so if we can keep that in tact, we'd be better off. I agree with cornerback and obviously QB. I think QB in general will change the entire dynamic of this team...

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

39thebeast is offline Registered User

We need new OLBs. Vobora Lennon that is a joke. Get a low priced FA and a 4th or 5th round pick to develop and take a guy like vobora's spot.

#1 WR has proved to be the clear cut number 1 need IMO. We desperately need the go to guy to make big plays at WR consistently

QB we are rebuilding. We need that young key piece to rebuild around. It is a QB driven league and we need a new field general.

Dr. Defense is offline Registered User

I think we need a true #1 WR and a dominating DE/DT to get up to .500. I don't care if we have Payton Manning in the backfield, if he doesn't have any quality wide receivers then he can't do anything. Even Peyton Manning can only do so much with poor receivers.

I think that our defensive wohs would go away almost overnight if we could get 1) run stuffing defensive tackle 2) a pass rusher to get at the quarterback. I think I can speak for all of us when I say that we have love for Leonard, but he is getting old. Maybe a 2nd or 3rd rounder that can come in and spell him, while learning the tricks. Then when Little is ready to leave, we have a quality replacement on hand that has learned from the best.

mikhal5569 is offline Registered User

Where's DT on this list?

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by mikhal5569 View Post
    Where's DT on this list?
    Anything not on the list just put in your own post. Although DT should be on there i forgot about it.

Rampingitup is offline Registered User

I think #1 is a WR. While there is some talent on the team still developing, the key word there is developing. We need someone with dependable hands.

#2 is a QB. I am not a Bulger basher which seems to the chic thing right now, but I think we need to bring in a legitimate top pick who can learn and develop behind Bulger so that he is ready when Bulger really is done. Kind of like how Aaron Rodgers developed behind Farve.

#3 solid DE or CB next to either get pressure on the opposing QB, or get good coverage on the receivers

#4 then a solid LB

Truth is offline Registered User

I vote "All of the above"
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

new qb 25% awww c'mon another bash bulger thread
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

#39 Fan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    Truth.....

macrammer is offline Registered User

Let's see. We need defensive lineman and linebackers. That is what most of the folks are saying. Didn't we already try that? Did we not draft Carriker and Long as out top picks in recent years (2007/2008)? We also need wide outs. Hmmm, did we not draft Burton and Avery to fill the holes for Bruce and Holt?

What we need is an eye for real talent. Until that happens, we will go nowhere.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

QB - Bulger is the QB of the present, but not the future. He has had the crap beat out of him for 7 years now and it has taken its toll. His protection has gotten better, but his production has not. Yes, the lack of receiver separation and sure-hands has not helped, but I think the "regeneration" of the Rams has to include a new signal caller.

WR - Avery, Burton, Amendola, Robinson (next year)......that's not nearly as bad a corp as some would have you believe. Having said that, there's not a true #1 in that group at this point. Put up a true #1 that safeties have to keep an eye on at all time, and the whole corp instantly looks much better; not to mention the QB looks better, and the defenders in front of Jackson look fewer.

DE - It doesn't have to be some physical freak the size of a DT with the speed of LB. I'm just talking about some guy that can get to the QB. Not necessarily a stud run stopper, but a DE that a QB has to keep an eye on, think about, worry about........anything other than his reads and progressions. A guy who if on a 3-4 team would be an OLB. A situational guy for passing downs.

Not a "shutdown CB" - Much like Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy, and William Shatner's real hair......there is no such thing as a "shutdown" Corner. Take the greatest CB of all time, picture that guy in your head. Now take away his pass rush, and that Corner gets beat. A receiver acts, a corner reacts. The receiver knows exactly where the route is going. The corner has to guess. If the route breaks off, the receiver knows where he's cutting to. The corner has no idea. The longer the route goes on (ie. the longer it takes for the rush to get to the QB), the better the odds that the corner will guess wrong. No pass rush = no "shutdown" corner.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

shower beers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post

So did I. If I could, I would have voted for more, such as a DT, second RB, and a new TE to stretch the middle of the field.

BM_Face is offline Registered User

We need defense, and I only have eyes for Suh. This guy has high character, and will be an instant impact player in the NFL.

DT Ndamukong Suh

I do not really see a shutdown corner high in the draft. We could trade our #1 pick for one probably, but I bet it would be an oldster.

QB I am going to say it again. I do not think this team can afford a top-5 QB this draft year. I do not see the current owners pouring a dump-truck full of money into this team while it is on the block. Signing a top-5 QB takes $$$. Without the money, we end up with a hold-out at best.

WR Yeah, a dominant WR would go a long way to helping this team, but we need more to get to .500.

We need help on the O-line, but those youngsters take time to develop, and the vets are with teams that appreciate their value. GoRams.
    A defeated look of consternation, dissappointment, or even pain. The name derives from the look one often gets when challenged by a large BM.

jmk321 is offline Registered User

I was feeling pretty good about the Rams this whole week after sunday's win until I looked at this thread. There's still a lot to fix but I'd say the 2 most needed are a #1 WR and QB.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast