• wlb

6 8.33%
  • shutdown corner

21 29.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    rampower is offline Registered User

Re: The missing pieces

I think we are a couple of lineman, an addition to the secondary (or 2 if atogwe goes) and a WR, a back up HB and probably a qb away from being a good team. Providing we dont lose any more good players, 2 years id doable if we are lucky/savvy with our pickups. Replacing Barron may be a concern too, if he isn't signed long term, thats if they decide they want to.

The Breakfast Club. You want cheese with that?

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

1: New QB, not so much that Bulger isn't a good QB but because he is a heavy load on the salary cap & gotta keep an eye out for the future

2: DT---an absolute must! The Rams need to get pressure on opponents QBs and clog the running gap between the tackles

3: A LEADER one both offense and defense. The is the biggest missing element on the Rams Squad. Someone that has to inspire and rally their Squad.

4: RB/FB, with some many needs on the O-Line, the Rams need a tandium player to compliment S. Jackson. A pass catching, blocking, running and dare I say throwing FB/RB would give the Rams more depth and dimension

Ahmedrams81 is offline Registered User

Chris Chambers was cut recently by the chargers. Lets bring him in and give him a shot. We need a veteran Wr and he very athletic for his age. we have nothing to lose right?

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Dragoon View Post
    3: A LEADER one both offense and defense. The is the biggest missing element on the Rams Squad. Someone that has to inspire and rally their Squad.
    I dont really think this is a need. We can all agree the Sjax is a bonafide leader on offense at this point, but we also gotta remember that no matter what everyone else thinks Marc is still the leader of that offense. Reporters have continually asked who the leader of the team is to players in the locker room and every time it is marc, without question. On defense Little is who i see as a leader, by the time he steps down to retire i think Jlau will step in and be the teams "ray lewis" the guy that everyone looks to on defense to lead, i think he can do that.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

We have the same amount of playmakers at WR as Melissa Ethridge has boyfriends. None.

jdh008 is offline Registered User

I gotta go with the O-Line in general. First off, it's readily apparent that Bulger has zero time to get rid of the ball. It doesn't matter if the Rams had Jerry Rice at receiver. If Bulger doesn't have time to allow him to finish a route, it isn't going to matter.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

I think we need to get rid of Jacob Bell. Either we replace him with Setterstrom, Greco, or a rookie. We're trying to get more bigger, physical linemen. Bell doesn't fit that ideal.

I think we need a new face of the franchise to go along with Jackson. That being said, it's time for a new QB to take the reins.

We also need a legitimate #1 WR for our new QB.

If we add a solid LB next to Laurinaitis, our defense will be solid.

DistantRam is offline Registered User

We've invested a lot of money in our youthful defence over the last couple of years. If we could find an All-Pro cornerback, we'd undoubtedly see some returns from Long, Carriker (when fit), Atogwe and others. Look at the difference Asomugha makes to the Raiders: quarterbacks can't throw in his direction, so they dither. Our front seven would be so much more productive if we had someone like that.

The offence can look after itself with decent coaching and team selection (note to coaches: Setterstrom and Greco in, Incognito and Bell out); it's defence that wins championships.
    Last edited by DistantRam; -11-07-2009 at 10:57 AM. Reason: Atypical spelling mistake

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12