Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Re: Mixed feelings about Saunders

For what it matters, I hired Al Saunders as OC in my Madden 08 game after I fired that bum Olson after the 07 season ...

Went 13-3, averaging 34.1 PPG and 427 YPG!!!

moloch41 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    For what it matters, I hired Al Saunders as OC in my Madden 08 game after I fired that bum Olson after the 07 season ...

Went 13-3, averaging 34.1 PPG and 427 YPG!!!

Solid proof that he will work for us!!! Hire him immediately!!! In your Madden game, did any of the players ream out Linehan on the sidelines?

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by moloch41 View Post
    Solid proof that he will work for us!!! Hire him immediately!!! In your Madden game, did any of the players ream out Linehan on the sidelines?
    Well, speaking of reaming ...

I tried to fire Linehan also, but apparently he had some dirt on a particular front office official that he was sleeping with :-)

Maybe we should call him "LineRAM" ...

Tony Soprano Guest

First of all, strike Hue Jackson's name. Atlanta's fired coaches don't interest me in the least. What was Atlanta' record?

I don't think Zampese is in Saunder's category, but I would look at his work and
    talk to him about his prospective plans for running an offense.

One of the biggest pluses of an experienced Off Coordinator is that they will run the offense - instead of implementing Linehan's plays. That is one worry I would have with Zampese, would the dynamics be changed in that Linehan would essentially lead him in his job?

moloch41 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    Well, speaking of reaming ...

I tried to fire Linehan also, but apparently he had some dirt on a particular front office official that he was sleeping with :-)

Maybe we should call him "LineRAM" ...

Did you get this message when you tried to fire him?

"Error: illegal operation detected. Due to offensive line injuries the head coach has been excused of any responsibility for the teams inability to perform- thus he can not be terminated. You may fire the offensive line coach as an alternate measure."

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by 81~BIG-GAME View Post
    If the Rams do bring in Saunders or an experienced OC, then what is the point of employing Linehan.
    His $2,000,000.00 salary ... Bottom line trumps winning .. again ..

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

This rag is almost a year old now....anyways, Saunders has since been hired with his inaugural season coming to a close.

Just wondering what the opinions of saunders are from the resident experts these days?

Should he stay or go?

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

This is an old thread....I was excited about Cam Cameron but he went to Baltimore. They are doing pretty well.

Should he stay or should he go? Good question. To be honest, I don't know enough about who makes up the game plan and the half time adjustments to be giving anyone credit or blame for the outcome of the game. Does Al Saunders have complete control of the offensive game plan at this point?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

I have to say that when Saunders was hired in the off-season, I was enthusiastic about the move, given his decent track record and his past history with the Rams. Sitting here now after this nightmare season, the kindest thing I can say is that Saunders has been a major disappointment. If you would have told me in September that our offense would struggle as badly as it has, I'd have told you that you were nuts. Certainly, our offensive line has been banged up and/or just poor. But that doesn't excuse the skill players from playing beneath their abilities for much of the season. And it DEFINITELY doesn't explain the lack of originality in the play calling, especially late in the past two games where we've actually been fortunate enough to have a lead.

I honestly don't know whether he'll be retained or if he is, whether or not he will help us. That is a decision for minds greater than mine.

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

I went to the game last Sunday with my friend who is a niners fan. I know a few of you would be shocked to know that a Rams fan and a Niners fan could be friends, but Im a newer (STL) fan, and he's a cool cat. But I digress, it was fourth down on the second Rams possession, THE SECOND TIME WE HAD THE BALL, and my friend leans over to me and says, "Its gonna be the short out to Jackson." He is a diehard niner fan, but this was probably the second Rams game he watched. Sure enough, Bulger stared down S Jax on a short out, but Nate Clements was all over him, so he had to throw it deep to Avery on 4th and 3. My point is, if a fan that has just watched one possession of Rams football can call our plays, then what can a defense who has studied Al Saunders play calling all week do? I loved the potential of bringing in Saunders, but we need someone with a little more creativity and play calling diversity if we are to get our once explosive offense rolling again.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Hey C-Mob 71. It's ok to be friends with other teams fans if they are good football fans. The bandwagon fans seem to be the hardest to like.

The play calling is lacking and predictable. We could have won this game if they would have been able to move the ball just a little bit more. Josh Brown was waiting for his game winning field goal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

LinkBacks (?)

1. -01-27-2008, 06:56 PM