Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    starfoxx is offline Registered User

Mock Depth Chart 1.0

Mock Depth Chart 1.0
    Might as well get the first one out. This is what I would expect week 1.

Notes:
    - Rams mini camp May 9-11

Defense
    Left Defensive End
    L.Little
    V. Adeyanju
    Upfield Tackle
    L. Glover
    C. Wroten - I think he's all talk this season. Why decide now, you're going to work harder.
    Nose Tackle
    A.Carriker
    C. Ryan - Will play in the UT spot on short yardage situations.
    Right Defensive End
    C.Long - Stud
    J.Hall
    Strong Side Linebacker
    Q. Culberson - I don't know yet......
    D. Vabora - Disciplined. Well built. Tackling machine. Budding Special Team Star
    Middle Linebacker
    Will Witherspoon - Should play outside. We need a thick thumper in this spot.
    T. McGarigle
    Weakside Linebacker
    P. Tinisamoa
    Chris Draft
    Left Cornerback
    Tye Hill
    J. Wade - He took his lumps in 2007. Will be much better this traing camp.
    D.Macklin
    Right Cornerback
    F. Brown
    R. Bartel - I really think it's about that time he takes the starting job.
    J. King
    Free Safety
    O. Atogwe
    J. Carter. - Hard hitting special teamer
    Strong Safety
    C. Chavous
    C. Chamberlain - More than likely make the team on special teams

Offense
    Widereceiver

T. Holt
    R. Caldwell - Unfortunately. I can see him making it through camp.
    K. Burton
    Left Tackle
    O. Pace
    B. Gorin
    Left Guard
    J. Bell
    M. Settersom - Leave him at guard.
    Center
    D. Fry - If he get's a shot. I think his agressiveness and smarts will win it for him.
    B. Romberg
    Right guard
    R. Incognito
    A. Goldberg
    Right Tackle
    A. Barron - You're finally in notice. Look behind you.
    J. Greco
    Tight End
    R. McMichael
    A. Becht
    J. Klopfenstein
    Widereceiver
    D. Bennett
    D. Avery - This guy better have a better year than Devin Thomas.
    D. Stanley - Showed his return skills
    Quaterback
    M. Bulger
    T. Green
    B. Berlin
    Full Back
    B. Leonard - I heard he's gaining weight to be a more effective blocker. He's still not a blocker. This was a wasted pick.
    R. Owens
    Running Back
    S. Jackson
    A. Pittman - He's got a chip on his shoulder.
    T. Minor
    Special Teams
    Kicker
    J. Brown
    Punter
    D. Jones
    Punt Return
    D. Stanley
    Kick Return
    D. Stanley

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Re: Mock Depth Chart 1.0

I think that Ryan will be the starter next to Carriker. It will be Carriker/Ryan in the middle with Glover and Wroten as the back ups.

Uhm, as for center I think Incognito or Setterstrom get the job.

Other than that, great job

Keenum is offline Registered User

Very nice. I would love to see Ryan as the starter, especially since he played so well towards the end of last year. I think he and Glover will rotate a lot tough.

Fry is HUGE, and it's a long shot for him to win that starting spot, but hey, if he looks good enough, by all means, let him play.

I am interested in our punt/kick returns. Hall can do it, but we saw Stanely step up and look good as well, and he's a lot younger. Also, Matt Caddell was a stud returning punts in high school (you'll hear me talking about him a lot, lol), and he may even get a shot to stick around if he can do that very well.

Is there a chance Draft moves over to the strong side LB spot and start?

The Special One is offline Registered User

Nice. Couldn't agree more on the Leonard front, and I too think Ryan will start alongside Carriker as Moose suggested.

Great job.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

SLB - Culberson might be the future, but I think Draft is the better player right now.
    MLB - Witherspoon shouldn't play outside because the system we're running calls for a guy in the middle who can play sideline-to-sideline.
    UT/DT - I agree with your lineup, except I think when Carriker and Ryan are in together, it will be Carriker playing the three technique.
    FS - Over the past few years, Bartell has been listed as the primary backup here, and Carter has always been listed as a strong safety. It's worth noting that he's not the best coverage guy. When the final cuts come, Carter may be competing with Chamberlain for a roster spot at backup SS.
    C - Fry at center is a real long shot. I think we're more likely to see Incognito or Setterstrom there.
    P/KR - The big question is whether Dante Hall still has a place here.

Just a minor thing really, but this is a 56 man roster, not including Chris Massey at Long Snapper. By week 1, it will be trimmed down to 52. My thoughts on who else from the list will be gone:
    Jerome Carter/Chris Chamberlain
    David Macklin - It is unlikely we will carry 10 defensive backs.
    David Vobora
    Dustin Fry - After all those injuries last season, we still weren't desperate enough to start him.
    Richard Owens - this is more wishful thinking on my part than anything. He's dead weight.
    Last edited by Goldenfleece; -05-03-2008 at 09:06 AM.

chipperjones is offline Registered User

I think Ryan will start next to Carriker, and also I feel Burton will be ahead of Caldwell, but its very solid.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooselini View Post
    I think that Ryan will be the starter next to Carriker. It will be Carriker/Ryan in the middle with Glover and Wroten as the back ups.

Uhm, as for center I think Incognito or Setterstrom get the job.

Other than that, great job

Thanks.

I hear you about Ryan. The only problem with that is(and I'm sure Moose you already know this, but for those who don't; Carriker and Ryan are big Nose tackles, both of them weigh 310+ pounds now. Their only going to play the Nose tackle (guard) position. Their job is only to eat up blocks and control the run. Wroten and Glover are smaller, quicker, penetrating Upfield Tackles. They fit the mold you want in a Upfield Tackle. Carriker is the starting Nose tackle, and Ryan is his back up. Glover is going to be the starting Upfield Tackle and Wroten will be the back up. The only time I see Carriker and Ryan on the field at the same are on short yardage situations, to big nose tackles to stop the run. I hope that made sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Keenum View Post
    Very nice. I would love to see Ryan as the starter, especially since he played so well towards the end of last year. I think he and Glover will rotate a lot tough.

Fry is HUGE, and it's a long shot for him to win that starting spot, but hey, if he looks good enough, by all means, let him play.

I am interested in our punt/kick returns. Hall can do it, but we saw Stanely step up and look good as well, and he's a lot younger. Also, Matt Caddell was a stud returning punts in high school (you'll hear me talking about him a lot, lol), and he may even get a shot to stick around if he can do that very well.

Is there a chance Draft moves over to the strong side LB spot and start?

I couldn't agree more. Fry is a long shot, but I want to believe he's going to step it up because of his smarts and hard nosed style of play, I would really like to see someone with an attitude manning are offensive line.

Drafting two receivers, hmmmm... someone is going t etched out, maybe Hall or Caldwell. Nonetheless, I'm not sold on Burton yet. Great junior campaign, but injured for his senior season. That worries me a little. Avery, Stanley, Burton, Haggans They can all return kicks, I say it's Hall that gets the boot.

I like Draft for his Versatility. But it looks like Draft, Colberson, and Vabora are going to compete for the strong side. Colberson may get the job, he showed some athleticism in his first starting job last year, team leading 11 tackles.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenfleece View Post
    SLB - Culberson might be the future, but I think Draft is the better player right now.
    MLB - Witherspoon shouldn't play outside because the system we're running calls for a guy in the middle who can play sideline-to-sideline.
    UT/DT - I agree with your lineup, except I think when Carriker and Ryan are in together, it will be Carriker playing the three technique.
    FS - Over the past few years, Bartell has been listed as the primary backup here, and Carter has always been listed as a strong safety. It's worth noting that he's not the best coverage guy. When the final cuts come, Carter may be competing with Chamberlain for a roster spot at backup SS.
    C - Fry at center is a real long shot. I think we're more likely to see Incognito or Setterstrom there.
    P/KR - The big question is whether Dante Hall still has a place here.

Just a minor thing really, but this is a 56 man roster, not including Chris Massey at Long Snapper. By week 1, it will be trimmed down to 52. My thoughts on who else from the list will be gone:
    Jerome Carter/Chris Chamberlain
    David Macklin - It is unlikely we will carry 10 defensive backs.
    David Vobora
    Dustin Fry - After all those injuries last season, we still weren't desperate enough to start him.
    Richard Owens - this is more wishful thinking on my part than anything. He's dead weight.

I agree with everything you just said.......... Except! about Will Witherspoon. It is possible to still find a MLB who has a thicker build and can play side line to side line. James Laurinaitis, Ohio State, Rey Maualuga, USC, Brandon Spikes, Florida, Brian Cushing, USC, Marcus Freeman, Ohio State are all 1st round 2009 prospects who can bring that towering physicall presence we need in the middle. Witherspoon can move to the weakside and we can trade Pisa.

Quote Originally Posted by starfoxx View Post
    I couldn't agree more. Fry is a long shot, but I want to believe he's going to step it up because of his smarts and hard nosed style of play, I would really like to see someone with an attitude manning are offensive line.

Drafting two receivers, hmmmm... someone is going t etched out, maybe Hall or Caldwell. Nonetheless, I'm not sold on Burton yet. Great junior campaign, but injured for his senior season. That worries me a little. Avery, Stanley, Burton, Haggans They can all return kicks, I say it's Hall that gets the boot.

I like Draft for his Versatility. But it looks like Draft, Colberson, and Vabora are going to compete for the strong side. Colberson may get the job, he showed some athleticism in his first starting job last year, team leading 11 tackles.
    No way Vobora even competes with Draft and Culberson. NO WAY. He might make it as special teamer, but nothing more...for a while at least. I see what you are saying about Burton, but he only missed one game that senior year, so although he wasnt 100%, he was tough and played through it. SO....His catching production dropped only 11 catches. When you subtract 1 game and have an injury throughout a year, and you are still a threat and the production loss is so small...then you have a pretty good WR.

Quote Originally Posted by chipperjones View Post
    No way Vobora even competes with Draft and Culberson. NO WAY. He might make it as special teamer, but nothing more...for a while at least. I see what you are saying about Burton, but he only missed one game that senior year, so although he wasnt 100%, he was tough and played through it. SO....His catching production dropped only 11 catches. When you subtract 1 game and have an injury throughout a year, and you are still a threat and the production loss is so small...then you have a pretty good WR.
    Why wouldn't they let him compete, We have four strong side linebackers on the roster, two of them are rookies. Vobora and a UDFA. So far, no one really is a clear cut shoe in for the job, why not let them compete for the starting and back up jobs.

Vobora: In the past two years; 270 tackles 22 TFL and 3 sacks
    If you saw his combine, he looked like a stallion on skates. killed in the linebacker drills. Check out the video.
    NFL Events: Draft Player Profiles - David Vobora

About Burton, I'm calling to question his assortment of injuries. Ankle, knee, foot, wrist fracture. I do like the kid, I just don't want another Pisa. But he is productive when he's healthy.

Why wouldn't they let him compete, We have four strong side linebackers on the roster, two of them are rookies. Vobora and a UDFA. So far, no one really is a clear cut shoe in for the job, why not let them compete for the starting and back up jobs.

Vobora: In the past two years; 270 tackles 22 TFL and 3 sacks
    If you saw his combine, he looked like a stallion on skates. killed in the linebacker drills. Check out the video.
    NFL Events: Draft Player Profiles - David Vobora

About Burton, I'm calling to question his assortment of injuries. Ankle, knee, foot, wrist fracture. I do like the kid, I just don't want another Pisa. But he is productive when he's healthy.
    I've seen and heard a lot about Vobora. Ill admit I knew nothing of him prior to the draft, but obviously he is a project and nothing great if he's picked in the 7th. Besides that Draft and Culberson are two more than capable players, and Draft is a season off a 100 tackle year. I understand the worry about Burtons injurys, but please dont compare him to Pisa. When injured Pisa either isnt producing well, or dosent play. My point about Burton is he played through his injuries, and they had little effect on his stats.

I've seen and heard a lot about Vobora. Ill admit I knew nothing of him prior to the draft, but obviously he is a project and nothing great if he's picked in the 7th. Besides that Draft and Culberson are two more than capable players, and Draft is a season off a 100 tackle year. I understand the worry about Burtons injurys, but please dont compare him to Pisa. When injured Pisa either isnt producing well, or dosent play. My point about Burton is he played through his injuries, and they had little effect on his stats.

So you agree their is no problem with letting Vobora compete with Culberson and Draft compete for the starting job?

You would also agree because of his track record with injuries, Burton can possibly be an often injured player in the league?
    Last edited by starfoxx; -05-03-2008 at 06:57 PM.

So you agree their is no problem with letting Vobora compete with Culberson and Draft compete for the starting job?

You would also agree because of his track record with injuries, Burton can possibly be an often injured player in the league?
    Haha...ok ok...There is no problem letting him "compete", but unless he has a pro bowl off season, and Draft and Culberson just blow it...it wont even be close.

Now every player that enters the NFL can possibly be often injured, especially Burton because of his track record. However he hasnt had a sever injury. He might have had one that required surgery in the offseason, but not one that knocked him out of the season. There is a big difference between injury prone players who miss most of the season, and injury prone players who dont miss anytime, but are often banged up...which is the case for Burton. It has been a pleasure debating with you...please keep it up...not trying to be smart, Im serious. I love debating about the Rams.

Haha...ok ok...There is no problem letting him "compete", but unless he has a pro bowl off season, and Draft and Culberson just blow it...it wont even be close.

Now every player that enters the NFL can possibly be often injured, especially Burton because of his track record. However he hasnt had a sever injury. He might have had one that required surgery in the offseason, but not one that knocked him out of the season. There is a big difference between injury prone players who miss most of the season, and injury prone players who dont miss anytime, but are often banged up...which is the case for Burton. It has been a pleasure debating with you...please keep it up...not trying to be smart, Im serious. I love debating about the Rams.

Same here.

You don't want to make it sound like Draft and Culberson are elite players, their not. I personally wish we drafted a talented prospect early in the second day of the draft, but their were more important needs.

Any injury that requires surgery, is a severe injury. Especially to body parts you need to do your job. Two right foot surgeries and left wrist surgery that Burton had to endure. Being often injured in anyway shape or form is still a big problem. Even if you're able to play with an injury that not only diminishes your effectiveness, you run the major risk of furthering the severity of the injury and likely missing substantial time or likely the season. Which is the case with Burton.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast